Ksp 1 Vs Ksp 2 - Which Should I Buy?

On 12/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, Humongusfungus1 said:

I am thinking about getting KSP 1 this Christmas, but I recently found out that KSP 2 will be released next year. Which should I buy? Please give me the pros and cons of either, justify the price, and give a final conclusion based on the information known. Thanks!

If you wanna play KSP, buy KSP 1. Your not gonna wast any money. Alot of things to do in the game. Campaign missions and custom ones.There is also alot of addons/tweaks to fine tune the game for you. 

Probably more then a year untill KSP2 comes out.

Happy space sailing!

I'm definitely for buying KSP 1 now. There is no indication of when in 2020 KSP will be available.  While the interface looks to be a bit different, all the principles you learn about orbital mechanics will apply. In short, if you have KSP 1 now, you will hit the ground running when KSP2 comes out.

Also, I think KSP1 will have a lot of life in it for some time to come.  The Breaking Ground DLC alone will keep me interested for the foreseeable future, and there is no indication that will be offered in KSP2 anytime soon.  While less popular with many in the community, I am a big fan of the Making History DLC as well--not really for the mission building aspect per se, but because it allows you to easily hyperedit to various locations around the solar system, both in space and on the ground.  For someone who has limited time, it allowed me to experiment with different environments, different gravity etc, without always having to mount a full mission. It is a really nice option to have. 

The downside is the complete KSP with both DLCs is about $60 total. I do believe that is worth it (I spent more than that to go skiing for one day) but everyone's finances are different.

One option to consider is asking for a  Christmas promise, and then when it goes on sale, pick it up then.

1 hour ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Ahem. Know any game music better than the intro to ksp or the credits music?

COD: Modern Warfare (Original version);Deus Ex: Human Revolution; The Mass Effect series; Halo series; and many more.

Sorry, KSP's music is near the bottom of the list for me.

51 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Sorry, KSP's music is near the bottom of the list for me.

Agreed, the only reason I have any affection for the soundtrack is its queuing on significant events like reaching space

51 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Halo series

Yes, just that orchestra embodies the epicness of the adventure... the Gregorian chants....

Btw, Red Alert 2 had one of the best soundtracks ever imo and the witcher had an amazing soundtrack too

Edited by mcwaffles2003

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Agreed, the only reason I have any affection for the soundtrack is its queuing on significant events like reaching space

Ok, I can see that. I did like that with KSP, but the music selected isn't good for repeated loops.  

Play KSP for the game play... not the music. 

Edited by shdwlrd

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The music that plays when you first load the game is awesome.

All the rest is... well frankly I don't remember it because I've had it off for so long.

If only there was an option to turn off all the music except the main theme.

• 2 weeks later...

you should get both ksp 1 is better for new players and i treat ksp 2 as a extremely modded version of the game and if you want ksp 2 now install these mods

USI colonization, USI life support, Ksp Interstellar, any number of interstellar planet packs, Kopernicus, Near future Propulsion, Orion Drives 

Use this site

https://gg.deals/game/kerbal-space-program/

and keep an eye on the best available price. Better yet, join the site and set an alert to notify you of a sale when it hits a price you're happy to pay. Joining is free. (I'm in now way associated with this site by the way).

EDIT: Just a note, you don't buy through this site, you just find out which online stores a selling at what price. If you want it specifically through Steam, make sure you select the Steam option in the DRM

Edited by strudo76

On 12/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, Humongusfungus1 said:

I am thinking about getting KSP 1 this Christmas, but I recently found out that KSP 2 will be released next year. Which should I buy? Please give me the pros and cons of either, justify the price, and give a final conclusion based on the information known. Thanks!

Buy KSP! The cheapest game on my collection take in account the fun it brings!