What mod to use for large landing legs/vertical descent?

paul23

Well I find flying quite boring and a "drag". So I prefer to land vertical.

The problem is (as always) topping over: the easy solution would be to use landing legs.

However the current landing lags are not even large enough to reach the bottom of a mainsail - so how am I going to actually "land" with these? I'm playing 1.7 right now, though I'll jump to 1.8 as soon as kopernius (and outer planet mod) have been updated, so if anyone knows of a mod for 1.8 I'd be ever so grateful.

Just now, paul23 said:

Yeah I noticed that one, sadly it seems to no longer being maintained after 1.7.1.. And the source isn't available so it can't be picked up :(.

I'm using it just fine in 1.8.1.

Just because a mod isn't officially updated for the current version, doesn't mean it doesn't work, especially with part mods.

I use these. Check the last page of posts for any community supplied fixes for recent KSP versions... I know I was using them in 1.7.3 and they seemed ok...

They *should* work in 1.8.+... I havent built a modded 1.8.1 *play* install yet tho, so *I* havent tried them.

EDIT: Actually some recent discussion on these legs for KSP 1.6.1 and mebbe later, is here:

... might be moar recent posts later in the thread... just have to research a little vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.