Custom axis groups? Can I even use them?

So I'm playing on Xbox one, with the radial preset. And I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the custom axis groups. Iv set my helicopter engine torque % to custom01 in my axis groups. When I hover over the controll type (incremental control) the description mentions "keyboard keys increase..." I have a keaybord & mouse plugged into my Xbox all the time. And no response from anny of the keys. Also using the usual radial menue to select my custom action groups doesn't do anything either. How am I supposed to use the custom axial groups?

I hope to get a answer from the devs by monday. I'm in a Facebook group for KSP on Xbox (fan made) with about 800 members and we are all waiting impatiently fore some info on this subject.

I'm no programer but how hard can it be to take a game that was originally made fore PC, and make it work on Xbox with keaybord and mouse support? The game had it before annyone was considering porting it to console. All the new games coming out have K&M support natively. Even older games have been updated to work with K&M.

Implementing K&M controlls with key remapping would fix ALOT of issues. And would ultimately make the game more flexible and enjoyable.

Figured it out:D. You just use docking mode. The linear and rotational controls relate to the Custom axis' listed in the action group window.

Will have to do some proper testing,but I'm thinking this could make controlling propeller type craft a lot more viable. It's a bit clunky to switch docking mode back and forth.  So im thinking, if you remap normal flight controls to DM rotation and any additional robotic controls (like propeller pitch etc) to the DM linear then we should be able to just stay in DM and switch between lin/rot at the tap of a button.

Atleast if you play on Cursor controls you just tap A button on xbox to switch. Not sure about other control schemes.

As for custom axis groups. I will need to test this, but might be that you have a secondary (axis )set of action groups when in DM

Hope this helps, now go unleash your inner Robotnik

Edited by mikey117

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.