Blowing your Budget

Mars-Bound Hokie

If anyone playing Career mode has ever gone bankrupt - or even gotten close to it - feel free to share your stories. If you haven't and still want to post on this thread, when did you spend a good chunk of your space program's money within (let's say) a 24-real-world-hour period?

• DISCLAIMER: This thread does not apply to Sandbox or Science mode players, since money isn't an issue.

I'll start us off here.

I had just made a 20-person docking-capable self-refueling SSTO, but the downside was that it could not land safely at some places due to a poor TWR there.

cWv3kR1.png

Since I planned to use this as the new standard tourist transport craft, I had to launch ore transports and more landers so that I could complete landing contracts and refuel the plane in orbit without worrying about crashing on the surface due to poor thrust. I soon sent several spacecraft to multiple locations in preparation for this new change; I also had to send a space station to Eve to complete a contract. Here are the expenses I incurred that day

EXPENSES

Quantity

Item

Destination

Price

Total

Hera-class Space Station

Eve Orbit

(STANDBY) Gilly Lander

Gilly

35-person Surface Outpost

Ike

19-person Self-mining Lander

Vall (SB)

Station Expansion Module

Duna Orbit
Gilly Orbit

Mass Ore Transport

Ike
Vall
Dres
Eeloo (SB)

Mass Ore Transport (LITE)

Mun
Minmus

TOTAL

Items

Price

• Expenses calculated with Excel

V3dYpoU.png

• Some of the items in the picture are not mentioned in the expenses chart, since they were standing by for their exit burns for weeks IRL.
  • I also have some of the items in the expenses chart on standby (and two on the Mun and Minmus), so they won't show up on this picture. 

What about you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.