Manning a space station

- Is it safe to leave a space station manned only by an engineer or will he lose control of it?

- I assume if I leave one empty I would lose control of it and not be able to return and dock?

- Is it safe to leave a male and female Kerbil alone up there?

Thanks

1) If the station does not have any probe core, then the station might lose SAS capability. But it will still have all other forms of "control".

2) No. If it has a probe core, it will still be fully functional. Even if it has no probe core, you can still always dock with it, but the docking craft has to do all the work.

3) "Safe"? Where do you think all the young kerbals applying for employment come from? Just let them turn off the cameras and the radio and lower the blinds and then do what comes naturally (unless you think your kerbals prefer the kinky stuff, and would like to be watched).

16 hours ago, bewing said:

3) [snip]

In this situation, is it appropriate to train a telescope on the station?  It's not like that other time--I'm only looking at the sky.  No, officer, I really am an astronomer!  My name isn't Tom!

Anyway, seriously, @GungaDin, there are mods that will spawn new Kerbals for you if you leave male and female crew on vessels and stations that have the right amount of space and other amenities, but not in the stock game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.