Project Shatter Point

Arco123

Which side are you on.   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on.

• Diosca
    • UM (Union of Metator)

New update! (A change of format to look nicer.) 0.1:

ZAAR8krHdf8fPj5KM3BsjVw0vt4ox4SgF60Am3qC6UGv_7vAsynwj8wEDLUMbNwfOF6-i2NZnhg60RInBdCauVxQ9YasLLf9ne5H96gBpHkr3Ea3dFO-jUv5-U1Yl2woQwvqgGIL

Logos are being added. These will be placed on your craft! If you want to change a logo just tell me to change it and give opinions or your own logo. I'm also making a new video called Air War as a test of my skills. Overhauls to the info and timeline very soon. This won't include Craft... As I don't have the time to do that kind of stuff. A hour on my PC isn't enough to build a bunch of Craft...

Edited by Arco123

Very sorry but my computer screen is broken. The hard drive should be (EDIT: is) good but I can't do anything for maybe a week which doesn't involve files already online :-(

Edited by fulgur

• 2 weeks later...

Been pretty busy IRL, so sorry for 0 real updates...

Aside from that ground base that ive now finished (will upload it once i fix the final issue, the thing drifting on the ground when assembled), ive also restarted some land vehicle development now that i have a working dropship of some sort for both BCorp and AKS sides.  My normal styled land vehicle is fairly wide base (to keep it from flipping), but i had limitations to work with and insisted on being able to cram 2 of said vehicle side by side inside the AKS mobile recon bunker.

cd22DRi.png

I can easily fit 2 fully inside, 4 with a minor edit to the dropship and being ok with the things hanging partially outside the main doors.

mEvtn5d.png

A bit unorthodox for a "tank", but the AKS GPs-49P is extremely stable when driving in a straight line (it will flip if you corner hard above 15m/s, but its not that much worse then the GPz-PS1A which i made last week which is like over twice as wide and slightly lower profile).  The landing gear stabilizers are what makes this so unique, its the only reason i managed such a compact vehicle which doesnt have major issues with working.

5wWkGqm.png

QPKe0Yy.png

A bit low on ammo, but it does carry a full sized SRM-4M which is more then capable of damaging any stock vehicle with good aim.  It has difficulty aiming on kerbin without some minor edits to the geometry of the hardpoint, but it works beautifully with slightly reduced gravity of 0.5g or less.  Very easy to aim, just aim it by eye at the target, angly a hair above flat on duna/mun, and aim directly at target level on minmus gravity or less.

More of a side project (since most of my ship development sorta is dead as i cant seem to make anything superior to the dimension and nebula classes), but ive actually come up with a method to save a stupid amount of parts on my vessels...

8NT8v5h.png

The new AKS PAK-16M (particle accelerator cannon) actually works albeit its damage and performance sucks horrribly as of this moment (it wont penetrate squat).  Im going to make the new WIP AKS Supernova class around this weapon system, but in theory it will allow me to carry the firepower of a nebula's secondary weapons with like half the part count.  The total weapon (without the crappy test rig i attached it to) is a measly 60 parts for 16 shots, and weighs pretty much the same as 4 SRM-4Ms (which it is supposed to replace.

ZOnErDh.png

I always liked the idea of massive primary railgun firing where the ship is pointed (basically like the human ships out of halo series despite it never having a focus on space combat like whatsoever) siupplemented by a handful of guided missiles as secondary weapons, but ive just never been able to make such a concept viable in the game given the physics limitations and how a single part (even if its a long ibeam) seems to do squat for dmg.  If i can figure out a solution for the horribly useless damage this does, i think i may very well have myself a part count viable weapon for larger vessels (and something that allows me to actually bring alot of ammunition on a smaller vessel like a corvette or lighter frigate design.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 0.2: More Videos!

ZMvJBOwNjipK1sj3CCHVPePXWODdNE_Bf8l6c5R5z5GPwFqdzLsbMANohWC5HSplWSAAddDeEjw3Ukuxz0bN90mtERH6po3P-RiO6VRxT7VnJ4ykP9-rkHb-BMQU8OjBjNzfTCl5

I'm been a bit busy but I plan on getting these 5 videos out. I'm still working on everything and it will soon be ready. But this shall be good enough until this virus ends. 

I'll try to work on the main topic as much as possible. 

Other Videos: 

KSRSS(VE) | KSP Visual Mods

Song: Crossing Mars.

Length: 3:37+10 for Title+10 For End.

Astronomer's Visual Pack | KSP Visual Mods.

Song: Making Water

Length: 2:4010 for Title+10 For End.

3 Trailers | The Great Kerbin War:

First: Catching Fire | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 1 

Song: Apex Arma 3 song

Second: This is Our Legacy | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 2 

Song: This is Our Legacy. (Maybe?)

Third: UMSA - Prosperity | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 3 

Song: Load out (Track 3) - Rainbow Six Siege. (Maybe others)

Edited by Arco123

How I make videos and some notes: 

Now, as you may guess. I make videos. Some of them are harder than others. Some of the Craft are downloaded from KerbalX. But most of the time I make the Craft myself. (Exuding you guys. I use your Craft for a lot of stuff.) 

Sometimes I need certain Craft like a combat SSTO or some type of tank. That's why my videos take so long. I have to build those Craft and then use them. 

I use Davince Resolve 16 for my video work. It just clicks to me even if I'm just a beginner. I speed up my footage a bit so it seems like 60 fps but really is 24 or lower. I also use a bunch of mods to make it look a lot better. If you want to know them I can give you a modpack of all my crazy mods. 

I switch between KSRVE and AVP for a lot of things. For this it's AVP for ground bases. I include all bases in TGKW. KSRVE has KK-KSRVE which I use for SPUM's base. KSC Extended is ASA's and you use AVP with it. 

So AVP/KSC Extended - ASA

And KK-KSRVE - SPUM

There are a lot of other bases in KSRVE and AVP plus the DLCs. (And Kerbal Konstructs!) 

The Factions will start in KSRVE on Earth but when we want to see a base or do a shot we go to the respective Visual mod. Then they will find a wormhole to AVP or the Kerbal system with OPM on. That's where AVP will shine. 

Overall a bunch of new things and you can get this all in one. 

• 2 months later...

I'm still here and I'm almost ready to film!!! I'm learning a bit more about my video editing software and I need to make the Craft but most of it is all done. Everything should be done and updated by the end of next month. This includes the info dump and new factions/flags. Most of the rules will not be changed.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SpfJoBXbdJ2ZDpUz85pMMZ686KqKWa22gPlrJ7X8Aa4/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Arco123

• 4 weeks later...

sorry about lack of updates, ive been sorta dead recently from overwork (im in a job that doesnt get any breaks virus or no virus, and 55 hours a week is utterly murdering me physically and mentally, and i still have to survive at least another year before i start looking for another job :( ), and well i just have so little time let alone energy these days for anything...

Anyways, i did manage a few updates to ships, mostkly in attempt to cut part count (thats always been an issue on my end as i tend to go fairly detailed and include prolly too much ammo for any real scenario). 

IkfKTDI.png

New broadsword mk5

E8hUnfn.png

mbVcMs5.png

new venator upgrade (added a bridge ontop and made the bridge to hull interface somewhat closer to the movie version (its still not perfect but better now).  Parts did go up but i still have a low part bridgeless version (replaces the actual internals with just a stock bridge).

xkmU0Rx.png

Not sure how the heck i managed, but i have 2 of these loaded at a time (and 1 has a tie fighter inside it for extra lag).

tJ1pITW.png

TIE replica from the newest star wars movie (that one the sith dude flew inside of, no clue what its called, assuming some sort of tie thing).  No real use of this thing, just made it cause i could (it BARELY fits in the venator, and you need to actually slam into the door to get it through as itll get stuck if you go too slow).

AUKHasc.png

New HK-IIS model of Tri-Fighter.  Less sleek then the older models, but i sorts wanted to make it as compact as possible while still having the armor/firepower/range of the previous model.  less parts too not that that matters miuch as 90% of the parts come from the weapons, but its still nice to have less parts period.

78tGgEJ.png

Not sure if you have any real use for civilian structures, this is the AKS type-I shipyard model with a docking module about to be connected (that shipyard has no docking ports on it as i made it ages ago and sorta keep it as it was to simulate weaknesses in tech from ages ago).  You cant see it well, but it has 2 full interior rooms connected by a walkway made of crew modules (one of the internal spaces you can just see the slit (partway open cargo bay).

9qOH9SV.png

different style shipyard (also AKS model).

lEuKTlp.png

More AKS crap, HK-II phantom stealth fighter (internally mounted guns and pure ion drive), and behind it a spy station thats currently in low jool orbit.

xNsQ1fu.png

p7tPg7b.png

New SK-IV DImension-V, aside from slightly sleeker look, its got way more optimal guns, less SRMs (too many parts on those and arguably not very useful in a fight anyway unless you bring 100 parts worth of ammo), 2 more heavy torps, and 1 more drone.  Also made the forward firing SRMs actually look cool as they are in a shrouded turret like thing that just looks really way better then having them strapped undeneath in a lame rectangular box.

vbbnZQB.png

Bridge of said ship, i have a bridgleless version which gets rid of this somewhat part count heavy thing (its around 20ish parts ontop of the base model), but it cant be beat from a cinematic standpoint if you want to make the ship feel like its actually manned and not just a boring stock pod.

nYpG2Rc.png

More civilian crap, AKS Skytower on duna.  yeah, i totally didnt steal the look from HL2 citadel whatsoever....

RnZdZM4.png

Mass effect replica, albeit is tiny scale (this would be like 2 orders of magnitide larger if i scaled it to a starfighter).  Pirate outpost in my game, not sure if random stations are something you need though.

lHnlw19.png

Another pirate station, this one is much smaller and has a small shipyard attached to the side.

cM55lAm.png

One of the many generic refineries i have sitting around that i recently refurbished and made work in game.

JlZ4vZD.png

AKS vertical stack base on Duna.  Doors animated, and it has full mining+IRSU capability albeit slow as its a single drill.

So yeah, i got quite a bit of random crap if you are interested, just tell me which ones you want and i can upload just those (if you still need random crafts).  Cant be bothered to upload everything i have as there is too many ships (and i need to make export friendly models with at least the purely asthetic parts stripped off), but they are here if you want them...

• 2 weeks later...

All of them look stunning. I'll take everything you sent.

Also another update because I'm posting. 

I should start making Craft and stuff in about a week. My mouse is pretty much dead and I have a few issues with KSO itself and one thing I need to do.

Aka, 1. Fix the main menu where I can click on things. It doesn't let me click anything. 2. Make the cloud pack I'm using have other planets and not just Kerbin. 3. Finish up two craft I have. 4 Do something for a friend. 

You can see everything I'm working on in the list at the bottom. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the problems stem from  me most of the time. As modding takes a bit and I'm working on all types of visuals in the KSP discord. Check pics under Arcodude. 

Plus, learning the skills to do videos is quite frustrating. This project is still very alive. I have planes and ships taken care of and the other stuff is getting done now. 

There is so many flags that I've made and I'll start writing lore today after I get done with visuals. (The reason I'm stopping that is because it's already great, and I don't want to spend all my time making configs, downloading mods, fixing issues, and making even more issues.)

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Overall, I'm doing fine and still working on it. I'll use all the craft I can get my dirty hands on. 

List of thing I have to do:

1. RSS 16k

2. Old AVP

3. SVE testing

4. Profit!

• 2 weeks later...

ill try and get u the new crafts over the weekend (too tired to do anything productive today).

K6wVUcf.png

Still, in other news, i managed to overhaul my 1st truly competitive warship i 1st made in like 0.23 or some ancient version back when i got into KSP at all...

8ahtUWl.png

A7GdFVd.png

Total damage after 16 direct hits from SRMs:  bridge knocked off (diesnt matter as its got 4 probes inside), 2 secondary weapons shot off, 1 torpedo slightly damaged (it would technically still be able to shoot albeit with some offset thrust as its missing a few engines).  Dat armor is insane, its triple layer, wings on outside, then structural panels, then MK-2 bays all ontop of a armored 7th gen ibeam core which itself has 1 more layer of armor surroiunding it (so technically 4 layers of armor if you dont count the core itself).  The SRMs didnt even touch the inner 2 layers of disposable armor, and did nothing of any consequence to the ship.  Not saying its invincible (ive not tested it against torpedoes yet), but sofar its didnt even take any damage from the initial barrage.  If this core is as good as i think it is, i will take some time to remake the nebula series with thsi core and maybee fix its egine knocking out issue.

Unless i come up with some major issues, dis one will also be added to the craft i submit (alongside its older cousin so you can pick whether you want it to be near indestructible or easier to kill depending on what you expect to win fight).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Project Shatter Point:

By Arcodude

LXg3d7YeueBEDAcO1lNooRKP18TsCRRojUvrYQtp3g9Lw2ysvrmD0pT5fBX2Pjjj2huMtsMqMgfVw5EH-_oWAZ6cXt6EctdeM4h2vV20Vbq5KwirmfWgcU2kE5nk4bSw3ge4rEmN

Update 0.1: (Codename: Shatter Point)

t9yn4UYdlJjRmuzS4YX8443H-6LpsincGQHaWZG8hn7BVbEWAfeKV663H2hTBuoOkVZCpYkzvrzAo2zBhx9DWrcKRDqipzkeqQ0xRa5hx82Pr58YFSCGkAFfqlpbN-eK1cIxdbZ2

Things have changed. 

First off, the name. This cinematic is now named Project Shatter Point or PSP as the acronym. (Or any arrangement of the terms.)

To keep you guys with the flow. This has changed from a independent cinematic into a cinematic based on Kerbal Powers.  This is going to be a cinematic of the Shatter Point war between two nations, UM and NRD. 

Shatter Point will still include everything that was in the old version. Only just more refined.

The work plan right now is. (Inorder): 

1. Write lore and outline/plot.

2. Work on graphics.

3.  Work on craft for the cinematic.

This is a basic outline of what I'm doing. Of course making the series but that will be at a later date. Wait, did I mention series? 

Yes I did. Project Shatter Point is meant to be a series involving the Shatter Point war. Episodes  will vary in length but will be around 10-20 mins long.

Trailers will be released soon. 

[END]

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.