Project Shatter Point

Arco123

Which side are you on.   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on.

• Diosca
    • UM (Union of Metator)

Download tweak size if your computer cant handle more than 200 parts. The Ares 1 at  that fully functionally size was only 90 parts.

Also, if you want to goes all out then remove the armor on the boxdrone and replace that nose cone with a plate. The missiles will provide protection. to the sides the plats above and below and in front will protect other things.

Edited by Arco123

So everyone. One more thing. After the prologue you can do anything to want in the timeline. (With some limits...) When everybody is here (You can still join in but you may start later than the rest.) you'll be able to do what you want within reason. Create new factions and stuff. (You don't have to be in a faction and you can be on the fence.)

The prologue will be controlled by me. After it you can do stuff. You can control your craft and it will be simulated in my game. After everything is done I'll make a video or movie on it and make it workable. Also, you can change stuff in your # with my consent.  

I'll control the two main factions and will not be fair but ruthless. 

Summary: You guys can control factions after prologue but within reason. I'll control the two main factions but be ruthless.

So, updates. We love them or hate them. Anyways. A week from now I may not be able to do any work due to me upgrading my computer. Also, no more companies. Maybe countries. It just reduces the weight on me and you as a whole. 

Sorry about late reply, but ive been busy around christmas time and didnt have all that much time for gaming (i never truly do, work too many effin hours irl), but im almost done modifying the ships for export.  Ive cut the parts a bit by using weaker versions of the SRM-4M (8 less parts per hardpoint), but sadly my attemt at making a decent unguided single shot 0.6m weapon have failed (lethality was a hair higher then the SRM-M series, so not worth using them really given that you get 1 vs 4 shots per hardpoint and the shot itself was higher on parts to a single SRM-1M)

Do you have any preference as to color schemes on them?  I have my own color per faction that i normally use, i can stick with that, or i can alter em to your peferences (lighting color as well as color variant on those things that have parts which would allow color variants.

Also, while im not gonna go into super high detail as to my own in universe lore, but heres the basic idea:

Spoiler

Essentially AKS (A.I. Korporation Systems Alliance) is a non kerbin faction right now, led by sentient AI alongside a small number of high ranking organics.  They were accidentally created by BCorp (Breakthrough Corporation) way back when they were trying to make more advanced warships that could fight without requiring kerbals to man them, and well the AI didnt quite agree to be used as fodder, made its own faction, and the 2 have been at war ever since.  The other major factions i have are KG (kerbin government), basically control KSC and like 95% of all manufacturing facilities on kerbin, so any faction that wants to do much of anything on kerbin needs to at least work with them somewhat.  They dont really do squat though besides selling launch stages to bring vessels into orbit and patrolling super low orbits.  Anything below 500km is technically protected by them, but this never works as their warships are pathetically useless and everyone knows this so yeah, they dont really do anything defense wise and dont want any part in the AKS-BCorp wars.  There is also a unnamed faction that originated before the destruction that resulted in all of kerbin's cities being wiped out which left kerbin to live in low kerbol orbit (i actually made their space station's control room look like that mass effect illusive man room with sun visible from command chair) and more or less are a ghost faction that has the best tech of anyone and occasionally interferes with the rest when they have a reason (they have jump beacons which lets them instantly transport their ships to anywhere they managed to get a beacon to the old fashioned rocket way), but theyve never been proven to exist by any of the rest.  Finally, its worth mentioning that i do have a pirate faction, but they have no real organization, more or less appear randomly to try and steal valuable ships/materials, and tend to be blown to bits by the weakest ships from BCorp (and AKS just ignores them as they have long range scanners and way more range with nuke engines).

Anyways, at this point in time BCorp is sitting on what little tech remains after the 2nd battle of minmus was barely won by them (technical victory at best since every AKS asset in or around kerbin was destroyed, but AKS itself already had setup a very limited operation beyond kerbin).  AKS sacrificed its entire fleet during the latter stages in attempt to destroy BCorp's ability to manufacture and develop tech, and succeeded to the point that BCorp is now unable to either understand how any of the advanced tech works, let alone actually manufacture any of it.  Adv tech includes RTGs, pretty much any engine with higher then 350 isp, aerospike, IRSU tech, mk-2/mk-3 armor tech, reaction wheels, most plane parts, rapiers, all long range form of ship tracking and communication, ect.  They still have a small stock of pre-war ships that are actually advanced, but these are for all intents and purposes irreplaceable when destroyed and most ships that they can manufacture are extremely underarmed (since the last remaining good ship-ship torpedoes are also only available from those that hoarded them b4 the end of the last war and both expensive/hard to find).

AKS didnt get away free either, they did retain all their technological knowledge, but lost their entire fleet, and the 1 shipyard they do have outside of kerbin is limited in its ability to make anything due to only 1 refinery supporting it and constant issues with getting materials from the ground to the shipyard.  The few ships that did survive the 2nd battle of minmus are currently split, half defending the shipyard, rest harassing BCorp's attempts at colonizing minmus and supplying mun operations after the loss of IRSU technology.

The only actual company that still sells ships and ship components left in universe is RT (Replitech), a company that i make most of my replicas from movies and such with.  They have a huge pile of old tech, and are able to manufacture some more stuff then BCorp can, but are in a very similar situation to them and also cannot really manufacture a ship from ground up based on old tech (they can repair a destroyed ship if its core is still intact, thats it).  They also sell BCorp most of its weapons from stocks of old tech (since all of the new weapons BCorp has been trying to make using new tech cant reliably do anything to AKS).

Not entirely sure how youd be able to fit my story in with yours, especially as there are no nations period in my KSP universe (mostly to justify the complete lack of surface infrastructure besides KSC and the few other launch points around), but thats what i have in my game.  there was a very old war on kerbin b4 BCorp even existed, and that supposedly wiped everything out.  The factions that actually do anything and still exist on kerbin (BCorp namely), are mostly spread throughout various underground shelters, and purely go to space using KG controlled space centers after manufacturing said ships in KG factories (also underground).  AKS ofc doesnt care as they arent a kerbin based group and purely use kerbin now to manufacture sections of their low tech ship lines (novas and supernovas mostly, both of which as specifically designed to use only tech available to the others besides the RTG that can still be obtained from RT's stocks at a very high price).

So yeah, best way i can think of adding my universe into yours is to attribute the BCorp ships to RT (Replitech), since RT actually outfits BCorp's stuff with weapons available from their rather extensive stocks of old tech (those torps are not a BCorp design in the 1st place), and while they arent a nation (purely company that sells ships/weapons), their HQ would have to be near one of the space centers on kerbin (so either KSC, the desert port, or that super north one that i forget the name of), and would ofc be underground and just transport stuff using a network of tunnels like everyone else on kerbin does in lore.  As for AKS ships, they would be from the black market, since there are enough wrecks from old battles for scavengers to recover to some degree.  AKS itself doesnt really sell their tech period (namely to prevent anyone on kerbin from learning how it works), but enough of it is available on the black market at insanely high prices that it isnt uncommon for even higher ranking BCorp captains to fly onboard refit AKS warships (specifically the class-I from like ages ago which is super outdated and i may or may not provide since its really disfucntional now and last used in like 0.90 or so).

So yeah, i should have the ships ready for upload tomorrow if nothing else comes up and i can finish my current project, a SSTO -> duna capable dropship that can deliver a 20t tank in its dual mk-3 bay without refueling (if i can actually find a way to make the VTOL work as the robotics parts are too floppy to support such overly heavy engines (each side has 3 NTRs, 3 rapiers, and 2 aerospikes to get the monster into orbit).

SDILtrn.png

mrIg5pc.png

Not sure if you are interested in non combat vessels, but this thing is genuinely cool if i can pull it off (and redo the wings a 100 more times before im happy with its looks).  I can add it if i ever finish it and get it to work.

@Vanamonde I'm wondering if it's okay for people to make the history itself. Like they have a faction and they move one fleet over to attack another fleet and move a tank or two and declare war. Then I'll make it happen in the game itself. Along with a map to go along with it? 

image?w=659&h=416&rev=520&ac=1&parent=1a_x_VSgn7z9_HIgaPFWHxhvR7gbEYI6OkVjYKe6YfAM

holy... I found out how to post images. No image sourcing at all. Paste a image into google docs and just copy it...

Edit: Pushing update a bit back to make a better map and finish the rules.

Edited by Arco123

The forum doesn't do image hosting, so it has to be uploaded somewhere on the internet, e.g. Google Docs or the traditional Imgur. You can do videos easily as YouTube does the hosting for that.

Also, will there be any rules about ground-based warfare? What about using Extraplanetary Launchpads to set up munar missile silos?

Edited by fulgur

So the main topic is up. It's been updated but info and the start of it are unfinished. The form is done so you can do what you need to do. Anyways, it looks amazing. 

One thing to note is that you can't do anything yet. Once I get the doc set up for forms and the maps you can then do it. You have to write here and in the doc or I can copy and paste.

Then you can pick an area for your faction as well upload craft and buy them. (This hasn't been set up yet. I need some other craft so you guys have something other than space vessels.)

You can pick a spot for your faction (No other things...) after you finish the form and I read and make sure it's okay. Then you pick a spot and go right ahead.

Anyways, I hope you like it. Also reread it lol.

Here's the plane I built:

0asyA1hlpsGw9Fq4xmWc7zfRIsHjvfWURlS6RrshWblUTefMwDRynvA_9IRuWK1uJ3_5sTTO5KQ5n1X6VpVzvmL5RgH7wqp6an2uPGzEF9MHvFP5UvZBAk5Mjaa5xLMa0Glwzw86__uvbSm16NEe_PHtdAEr4CqM4Vt8cqQwJ4oPmTgawNalodX_6GUIPduIH9KJSrcdcfGK12NDNldVi-VSLikXrq-iKDqwD3tsO0Wrvrs1Zks2DKZbbUoZPOZz5njzp799uVpRdeNl4p3avz_LNLKjS4qWNbrMfdGKuhUYOrlsbhkA19Lyd20o9gpET9HUBSKVGoN2w3Jm6pCyOx2lVtBenBxQkh0q254tG0vF-umyG9WoPWsH3bHXe9p_281yPx7Jy1rcuZjotH9ZhBVi

Edited by Arco123

I have some questions!
1. Will ground bases be (a) allowed and (b) important?

• Is fuel particularly expensive? Would it be cheaper to mine it on Minmus?
  • Will we be able to build ships on ground bases (either EL or [ALT]+[H])?

2. Do factions have assets (stations, bases, major ships) at the start of the war? Are these protected?

• Are there 'neutral' stations protected by treaty?
  • Are these (& bases) protected at the start of the war?

3. Can we do Kerbin-based attacks to destroy the KSC? Please? EDIT: Yes we can!

• If so, can we pretend to destroy Woomerang, Baikerbanur etc? They are impossible to destroy.
  • What about Heisenberg Airships by Angelo125?

4. Which mods are allowed?

On 1/1/2020 at 4:41 AM, Arco123 said:

@Vanamonde I'm wondering if it's okay for people to make the history itself. Like they have a faction and they move one fleet over to attack another fleet and move a tank or two and declare war. Then I'll make it happen in the game itself. Along with a map to go along with it? 

5. Can we have secret plans? And action plans?

I.E.: When war is declared, send space-fighters in stacks of 3 to all orbital assets.

6. There appears to be a gap in your line-up of spaceship names. You have fighters at less than 100 parts (but my fighters are twice that with their 16 5-part unguided missiles and 2x guided missiles) and then cruisers at more than 100 parts. What about my ships like the Stiletto or the upcoming Gladius? They're less expendable but I wouldn't call them a cruiser. A gunboat perhaps?

7. None of my ships have BDA (neither do panzer1b's), I can't handle it with my other mods. Can you make it a fair fight by adding lasers, guns etc, especially to tanks?

1. Yes, Also yes, they are important and if you lose one your tettory decreases. As in the smaller lines in the bold lines. Also you can launch craft from these. You can set them anyway but other planets. You have to ask me... Fuel is more of a story thing. Once you buy a thing you get unlimited fuel in a sense. I may do some events where we run out. 

2. Yes, I'll set up a system once you fill out the form and point system where you can buy Craft and Bases. You pick everything and where it's gonna go. (With my moderation.) There may be some neutral factions... 

3. Yes, you can ask me to do the thing in the game and I'll test it. You can't do anything until the War starts tho...

4. Most common mods. Restock and + plus b9 BD armory and others. Just common ones...

5. Yes, dm me tho. 

6. You can bend the rules a bit but please keep part counts lowish to keep fps and my sanity okay. IE: Be wary and carful of part count. Use procedural wings when needed. Also, I'll change weapons if the weapons on them are too high part count.

7. Yep... I'll do that for you. Don't worry. I'll remove guns and keep them balanced on what they are gonna be!

OK! This is the official post containing Ussari (or S.P.U.M. or K.S.R.) craft by me! Find them here. This post contains two craft so far.

Spoiler

Sparrowhawk: a very cheap fighter body (10k) with very expensive weaponry (20k). Total cost 29807.

LqabYv0.png

Stiletto: a largish corvette or light warship. Costs 68268 including weaponry, which could be manufactured on any planet. Oddly one of the safest ships around; the crew have never yet been blown up.

ecI1WZ5.png

I will add a couple of ground craft for my attacks on Minmus- and Mun- bases, as soon as I stop the stupid robotic missile launcher from exploding. Plus the other medium craft which I will make a picture for tomorrow.

Edited by fulgur

Last question I promise (that's probably a dead-in-a-ditch promise but nvm):

What will the bases be like? Actual bases with ISRU and habitats covered by massive plating? Just x-marks-the-spot [ALT]+[H] launching points? Kerbal Konstructs launchpads?

And can we pretend to camouflage these bases? [Reaches for d20, performs Perception check...]

So, I hope you guys are ready for another mega-update. This one will include everything in the what I'm working on section. Now you can see how much I'm getting done in real time.

From now on I'll give you daily updates on what I've done and working on. More stuff:

The Craft buying thing needs more Craft. You can change the Craft Or I will to a extend. So, please try to work on other Craft as well as your main ones. It's kinda hard to make a lot of Craft for each one.  

12 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

The Craft buying thing needs more Craft. You can change the Craft Or I will to a extend. So, please try to work on other Craft as well as your main ones. It's kinda hard to make a lot of Craft for each one.  

I've got a tank sort-of done, for assaulting and capturing Minmus (it's a pretty awful tank though) and a ground-defence missile system which, as you can't strut across robotic parts, is currently exploding whenever I fire on Kerbin (it's destined for Minmus but I might steal Eve as well, you never know) and so I am waiting to do them.

I can do jets, and I have a hyper-manoeuvrable design which you can equip with BDA stuff, but I am quite bad at helicopters and ocean-going craft. (Oh, and to break my ditch promise, if we have prop-planes, which (in KSP) are silent, can we send spying missions without them learning what's going on? And can we camouflage bases and rovers and stuff by covering them in sheets of Mun-rock?)

Would this be any use? Not designed for combat but it'd be a great addition to an aerial assault if equipped with the proper weapons. It could possibly carry a very light and small tank.

S03cqGf.png

Craft: Gale-Class

Faction: Ussari (aka KSR aka SPUM)

Category: Like an Airship or Carrier But Heavier Than Air And Rotor Powered (Lead Zeppelin for short)

Partcount: 178 inc. 4x launch clamps

Specs: Contains no weapons whatsoever. Contains Restock+ parts and a NF Electrical reactor. Infinite flight time (or until reactor runs out of fuel). Flies, lands on water, could theoretically land on land but untested. Can carry stuff on wing panels.

Controls/Actionkeys:

1: VTOL motors

2: Horizontal motors

10: Nuclear Reactor

Translate Up / Down (I/K): VTOL blade pitch

Translate Left / Right (J/L): Horizontal blade pitch

Translate Forwards / Backwards (H/N): Balance VTOL (inc. forwards, dec. rear or vice versa)

History: Originally designed by explorers to use when exploring rivers and inland lakes, because of its ability to fly and land on land & water. It would usually go to a nearby lake or anchor off the coastline, launching either a rover or a helicopter to survey the nearby area.

In the space program, it was drafted into service as a recovery boat. As [in KSP] the props are silent, it passed unnoticed over the less inhabited areas of the territories of other countries, and rescued several famous kosmonauts from the clutches of the ASA. And also those corporations which own territory, which veers a little close to the dystopian-ultra-capitalist-future for me and so the glorious USSARI UNION will DESTROY them.

In the few hostilities that the glorious USSARI UNION has experienced, this craft, as the most common and manoeuvrable heavy aerial platform, played several major roles, including dropping paratroopers and breaking the Nilreb blockade. It also delivered tanks and weapons and served as auxiliary ships in several naval battles.

The larger Thunder-class Lead Zeppelins [my next project] served similar roles.

LYsObbU.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.