Arco123

The Great Kerbal War - Craft and Discussion.

Which side are you on. [Major factions only. If other click other.]  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on. [Major factions only. If other click other.]

New update! (A change of format to look nicer.) 0.1:

ZAAR8krHdf8fPj5KM3BsjVw0vt4ox4SgF60Am3qC6UGv_7vAsynwj8wEDLUMbNwfOF6-i2NZnhg60RInBdCauVxQ9YasLLf9ne5H96gBpHkr3Ea3dFO-jUv5-U1Yl2woQwvqgGIL

Logos are being added. These will be placed on your craft! If you want to change a logo just tell me to change it and give opinions or your own logo. I'm also making a new video called Air War as a test of my skills. Overhauls to the info and timeline very soon. This won't include Craft... As I don't have the time to do that kind of stuff. A hour on my PC isn't enough to build a bunch of Craft...

Edited by Arco123

Very sorry but my computer screen is broken. The hard drive should be (EDIT: is) good but I can't do anything for maybe a week which doesn't involve files already online :-(

Edited by fulgur

My new KSP video: 

Been pretty busy IRL, so sorry for 0 real updates...

Aside from that ground base that ive now finished (will upload it once i fix the final issue, the thing drifting on the ground when assembled), ive also restarted some land vehicle development now that i have a working dropship of some sort for both BCorp and AKS sides.  My normal styled land vehicle is fairly wide base (to keep it from flipping), but i had limitations to work with and insisted on being able to cram 2 of said vehicle side by side inside the AKS mobile recon bunker.

cd22DRi.png

I can easily fit 2 fully inside, 4 with a minor edit to the dropship and being ok with the things hanging partially outside the main doors.

mEvtn5d.png

A bit unorthodox for a "tank", but the AKS GPs-49P is extremely stable when driving in a straight line (it will flip if you corner hard above 15m/s, but its not that much worse then the GPz-PS1A which i made last week which is like over twice as wide and slightly lower profile).  The landing gear stabilizers are what makes this so unique, its the only reason i managed such a compact vehicle which doesnt have major issues with working.

5wWkGqm.png

QPKe0Yy.png

A bit low on ammo, but it does carry a full sized SRM-4M which is more then capable of damaging any stock vehicle with good aim.  It has difficulty aiming on kerbin without some minor edits to the geometry of the hardpoint, but it works beautifully with slightly reduced gravity of 0.5g or less.  Very easy to aim, just aim it by eye at the target, angly a hair above flat on duna/mun, and aim directly at target level on minmus gravity or less.

Posted (edited)

Ooooooooh!

The Sidean Hegemony wants in!

Time willing, I'll have a few naval and air force units propped up and ready. Haven't done this in some time.

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

4 hours ago, SynX said:

not stock, but this is the capital ship I'm been working on. KSPIE, Procedural parts, B9 HX are used, with KTech weapons

https://ibb.co/xhTkwGc

Can you link the mods you used? 

More of a side project (since most of my ship development sorta is dead as i cant seem to make anything superior to the dimension and nebula classes), but ive actually come up with a method to save a stupid amount of parts on my vessels...

8NT8v5h.png

The new AKS PAK-16M (particle accelerator cannon) actually works albeit its damage and performance sucks horrribly as of this moment (it wont penetrate squat).  Im going to make the new WIP AKS Supernova class around this weapon system, but in theory it will allow me to carry the firepower of a nebula's secondary weapons with like half the part count.  The total weapon (without the crappy test rig i attached it to) is a measly 60 parts for 16 shots, and weighs pretty much the same as 4 SRM-4Ms (which it is supposed to replace.

ZOnErDh.png

I always liked the idea of massive primary railgun firing where the ship is pointed (basically like the human ships out of halo series despite it never having a focus on space combat like whatsoever) siupplemented by a handful of guided missiles as secondary weapons, but ive just never been able to make such a concept viable in the game given the physics limitations and how a single part (even if its a long ibeam) seems to do squat for dmg.  If i can figure out a solution for the horribly useless damage this does, i think i may very well have myself a part count viable weapon for larger vessels (and something that allows me to actually bring alot of ammunition on a smaller vessel like a corvette or lighter frigate design.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:18 AM, Arco123 said:

Can you link the mods you used? 

KSPIE, procedural wings, B9 HX and KTech for weaponary.

Posted (edited)

Update 0.2: More Videos!

ZMvJBOwNjipK1sj3CCHVPePXWODdNE_Bf8l6c5R5z5GPwFqdzLsbMANohWC5HSplWSAAddDeEjw3Ukuxz0bN90mtERH6po3P-RiO6VRxT7VnJ4ykP9-rkHb-BMQU8OjBjNzfTCl5

I'm been a bit busy but I plan on getting these 5 videos out. I'm still working on everything and it will soon be ready. But this shall be good enough until this virus ends. 

I'll try to work on the main topic as much as possible. 

Other Videos: 

KSRSS(VE) | KSP Visual Mods

Song: Crossing Mars.

Length: 3:37+10 for Title+10 For End.

Astronomer's Visual Pack | KSP Visual Mods.

Song: Making Water

Length: 2:4010 for Title+10 For End.

3 Trailers | The Great Kerbin War:

First: Catching Fire | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 1 

Song: Apex Arma 3 song

Second: This is Our Legacy | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 2 

Song: This is Our Legacy. (Maybe?)

Third: UMSA - Prosperity | The Great Kerbin War | Trailer 3 

Song: Load out (Track 3) - Rainbow Six Siege. (Maybe others)

Edited by Arco123

How I make videos and some notes: 

Now, as you may guess. I make videos. Some of them are harder than others. Some of the Craft are downloaded from KerbalX. But most of the time I make the Craft myself. (Exuding you guys. I use your Craft for a lot of stuff.) 

Sometimes I need certain Craft like a combat SSTO or some type of tank. That's why my videos take so long. I have to build those Craft and then use them. 

I use Davince Resolve 16 for my video work. It just clicks to me even if I'm just a beginner. I speed up my footage a bit so it seems like 60 fps but really is 24 or lower. I also use a bunch of mods to make it look a lot better. If you want to know them I can give you a modpack of all my crazy mods. 

I switch between KSRVE and AVP for a lot of things. For this it's AVP for ground bases. I include all bases in TGKW. KSRVE has KK-KSRVE which I use for SPUM's base. KSC Extended is ASA's and you use AVP with it. 

So AVP/KSC Extended - ASA

And KK-KSRVE - SPUM

There are a lot of other bases in KSRVE and AVP plus the DLCs. (And Kerbal Konstructs!) 

The Factions will start in KSRVE on Earth but when we want to see a base or do a shot we go to the respective Visual mod. Then they will find a wormhole to AVP or the Kerbal system with OPM on. That's where AVP will shine. 

Overall a bunch of new things and you can get this all in one. 

Halting video production until all my mods update to 1.9.1!

Posted (edited)

I'm still here and I'm almost ready to film!!! I'm learning a bit more about my video editing software and I need to make the Craft but most of it is all done. Everything should be done and updated by the end of next month. This includes the info dump and new factions/flags. Most of the rules will not be changed.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SpfJoBXbdJ2ZDpUz85pMMZ686KqKWa22gPlrJ7X8Aa4/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Arco123