No sound notification from the forum anymore?

Francois424

I noticed a few days ago (as I am getting a bit more active in KSP) that the forum no longer plays a sound when someone like one of my posts or reply to one.

I went into my profile preferences, but didn't manage to find anything worthwhile about the issue.
It goes without saying that my sound is on and high enough for me to hear things.  I do watch youtube and play KSP afterall.

Any ideas?

Moved to Kerbal Network, since it's about the forum and not the game.

I haven't had this problem, but I did have another notification-related issue awhile back that was fixed by turning the option off and then back on.  Can you give that a try?

It's also possible your browser is set to not allow auto-playing media.

I unchecked/rechecked all notifications and sound.  Hopefully this is going to do it.
Dunno where to find the media information in Internet Explorer tho.

Ok so the auto-play media is activated.
Pop-up blocker is disabled on this forum
I reactivated the "System sounds" (which is the clicking sound when you click a link)

Because so far, I had no notification sounds. 
Could be an Internet Explorer problem tho, at work they're slowly moving over from IE to Chrome because of incompatibilities.
At any rate, I've done all I could, I'll know soon enough if "system sounds" was the thing or not.

Edited by Francois424

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.