Can anyone give a spacecraft which can go to ANY planet?

PhOUNdK

Two Things going in that Direction:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858841472

This Probe can reach any celestial Body around Kerbol, including modded Outer Planets. I have given it Solar Panels and a few RTGs so you can adjust it depending on where you want to go (I'd guess 95% would be more RTGs and no Solar Panels as they only make Sense for going to Moho. But they look fancy on the Thumbnail and that's pretty much the only real Reason I added them)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858970301

This little Rover has a very versatile Skycrane that can land it pretty much anywhere. I never really tested it but it should be possible to land in up to Kerbin Gravity without Atmosphere and even more if you can use the Parachute. For entering an Atmospher it has a Heat Shield and Shroud as well.

See it in Action on Eve:

This. Have done a Grand Tour with it.

https://kerbalx.com/Mephisto/XR-06-Ranger-Mk-III-Grand-Tour-with-Javelin-Eve-Lander

The trick is to make a list for alle the hardest parts of your voyage. For the stock Kerbol system, these are:
- Getting into orbit and to Minmus with an ISRU
- Getting from Eve or Gilly to Moho, land on Moho
- Get to Tylo from another Joolian moon, land on Tylo
- Land on Eve. Take off from Eve, get to Gilly for refueling

Then, you start solving them. When you have solutions for all the problems, you can combine them into a single craft.

Basically, a SSTO with ISRU and 2000 m/s in low Kerbin orbit gets you to Minmus' surface. With an ISRU and mining drill, you can practically refuel at any planet or moon.
To reach Moho and land on it, you will need plenty of low thrust dV, for example with Nervs. 4000+ m/s dV for the transfer and roughly 900 m/s for the landing. These numbers are without safety margins. Most likely you will need much more, especially for the transfer.
To land on Tylo, you will need roughly 2.500 m/s dV with high thrust chemical rockets and an initial TWR of 1.0 in low Tylo orbit. Getting there requires some more fuel, getting away from Tylo and to land on Pol another 1300 m/s.
Landing on Eve is (relatively) easy. A well designed spaceplane with a shallow reentry, empty fuel tanks and good wing area can land. But taking off is the hard part. I just slapped a lightweight Eve Ascent vehicel on the front of the SSTO. But there are other solutions, for example by Kergarin.

Good luck,

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:09 AM, XLjedi said:

This one can go pretty far...  if you want a spaceplane.

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/SP-06B-Star-Ranger

Will definitely use this for my space plane adventures !!! thanks a lot!!!!

On 12/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, Mephisto81 said:

This. Have done a Grand Tour with it.

https://kerbalx.com/Mephisto/XR-06-Ranger-Mk-III-Grand-Tour-with-Javelin-Eve-Lander

The trick is to make a list for alle the hardest parts of your voyage. For the stock Kerbol system, these are:
- Getting into orbit and to Minmus with an ISRU
- Getting from Eve or Gilly to Moho, land on Moho
- Get to Tylo from another Joolian moon, land on Tylo
- Land on Eve. Take off from Eve, get to Gilly for refueling

Then, you start solving them. When you have solutions for all the problems, you can combine them into a single craft.

Basically, a SSTO with ISRU and 2000 m/s in low Kerbin orbit gets you to Minmus' surface. With an ISRU and mining drill, you can practically refuel at any planet or moon.
To reach Moho and land on it, you will need plenty of low thrust dV, for example with Nervs. 4000+ m/s dV for the transfer and roughly 900 m/s for the landing. These numbers are without safety margins. Most likely you will need much more, especially for the transfer.
To land on Tylo, you will need roughly 2.500 m/s dV with high thrust chemical rockets and an initial TWR of 1.0 in low Tylo orbit. Getting there requires some more fuel, getting away from Tylo and to land on Pol another 1300 m/s.
Landing on Eve is (relatively) easy. A well designed spaceplane with a shallow reentry, empty fuel tanks and good wing area can land. But taking off is the hard part. I just slapped a lightweight Eve Ascent vehicel on the front of the SSTO. But there are other solutions, for example by Kergarin.

Good luck,

Thanks so much for sharing this information ! i'll keep this in mind!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.