Favorite Youtuber

Astrionix

Favorite Youtuber  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Kerbal Space Program YouTubers (or at least played it on their channel) is your favorite?

• Scott Manley
    • Matt Lowne
    • SWDennis
    • Everyday Astronaut
    • alexchilev
    • Raiz Space
    • maccollo
    • Stratzenblitz75
    • GameplayReviewUK
    • Robbaz
    • Danny2462
    • Turbo Pumped
    • Kevin Gustafon
    • Hellblazer
    • Bradley Whistance
    • HMV Plays
    • Shadowzone
    • Hatbat
    • Mike Aben
    • Hazard-ish

Hey :huh:

No j/k I know I'm the smallest of frys. I'm so small fry I'm smaller than the small frys you have on this list.

Anyway, on that list I've actually heard of about 5 of them, have watched maybe 3 and only regularly watch one. So I voted Scott Manley, the one I actually watch on the reg.

I'm aware of five of these people, I watch three of them, but I don't watch them play KSP unless they're using it to demonstrate a specific point in real spaceflight as part of a non-KSP video.

So I guess Tim Dodd would be my favorite of the three.

1. Yeah, where the heck is ShadowZone?

2. @5thHorseman I guess I was oblivious to your channel, subscribed now.

3. Had to vote Raiz Space on this one, because lately I've leaned on his content for learning RSS/RO. The sheer amount of original content and historical reenactments he's published shows a lot of dedication.

4. Scott Manley got me started and always keeps my respect, but lately most of his content is historical and science news. I treated this poll as "KSP content", and voted accordingly. 

13 hours ago, Astrion said:

I created this poll just for everyone's general opinion. If you can't find a certain one, please reply to tell me to put them in the poll.

I watch "Mike Aben" almost every day. A very cool KSP guy, but a teacher as well and has a great "Let's Do The Math" section. With us KSP people, almost being very close to rocket science with this simulation program, I think that is very important to us as well. 

I actually prefer Turbo Pumped and Hazard-ish to any other KSP youtubers. This is not because they are superior, but because their play-style is closer to my own. (Small, efficient spacecraft built more for aesthetics than practicality.)

And of course we can't forget the lately departed Cupcake Landers. In cinematography he was unsurpassed...

Edited by Mr. Peabody

I watch Scott Manley the most and he's my fav listed, but I rarely watch his KSP videos... tbf he rarely posts them anymore which is fair enough :) I watch him for space news really and deep dives into space history...

But I have to say, by far my fav KSP video is this one.. genius at work right here! 

Stratzenblitz75

Oh, and Robbaz was a huge influence on making me buy this game... he just seemed to have so much fun with it!

Edited by MR L A

5 hours ago, MR L A said:

Oh, and Robbaz was a huge influence on making me buy this game... he just seemed to have so much fun with it!

I would have added him if polls weren't limited to 20 answers.

4 minutes ago, Astrion said:

I would have added him if polls weren't limited to 20 answers.

Ok never mind I added him.

How do I delete a comment that I've made?

7 hours ago, MR L A said:

I watch Scott Manley the most and he's my fav listed, but I rarely watch his KSP videos... tbf he rarely posts them anymore which is fair enough :) I watch him for space news really and deep dives into space history...

I agree with this comment - I watched SM's content around tutorials and various mods, but that's from like 3+ years ago. His space stuff is really cool, hence the Twitter & YouTube following.

But strictly KSP content... ShadowZone IMO has some of the best and most interesting new stuff. He deserves more than 6.25% in this poll!

Danny.

and myself

I could watch people playing super serious and go crazy with mods/engineering but then I'd just be jealous that I can't do such things. So I just watch Danny doing dumb. 

Honestly, I watch more than I play, I don't have enough ideas to do anything myself.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Hey :huh:

No j/k I know I'm the smallest of frys. I'm so small fry I'm smaller than the small frys you have on this list.

Anyway, on that list I've actually heard of about 5 of them, have watched maybe 3 and only regularly watch one. So I voted Scott Manley, the one I actually watch on the reg.

It was a hard decision between you and Scott Manley.
Ultimately I voted for you.  Scott's videos are awesome, like most of everyone on this list.  But I really liked your style.
Both of you guys are inactive on the KSP front, and now I get my fix from "Bearded Penguin" (His after Kerbol series has been nothing short of incredible) and GrunfWorks (watched his current videos, then moved on to his modded 0.90 series... he does OPM as well !)

I really wish someone would make a series happening in the OPM content of the game, like a Titan (Tekto) base or something... Or have this space-station in orbit of Sarnus, and roleplay you getting the materials from each of the different moons of Sarnus to make the station bigger and better.
Thanks to all the youtubers for making content !

[ EDIT: A huge shout-out  to Shadowzone as well.  That Ozymandyas (or w/e it's spelled) Grandtour of KSP back then was a real treat ! ]

[ Edit2: Mike Aben's videos are awesome for a relaxing, interestingly modded campaign... Definitely worth a watch, they've aged very well too. ]

Edited by Francois424

To be honest I've only ever heard of 2 of them, and one of those was because there were some posts on here about youtube changing the rights on the music he'd used.

If I can't work out how to do something I'll occasionally have a look on youtube, which is where I've seen a few of Scott Manley's videos (I remember finding one really helped me do precision landings on the Mun), but the only other one I've ever remembered the name of is Cheers Kevin who did some good kOS videos that helped me out early on.

If I'm sat at my PC I want to be playing KSP not watching other people play it. :D  Twitch is the one that really amazes me though, I'm astounded that people will pay money to watch other people play games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.