FAR & Procedural Wings compatibility?

Scrooge

KSP version: 1.8

Question 1:

I installed WindTunnel and PWings, when I try to obtain flight envelops of aircraft with wings (made by PWings) having different scale and shape, I always get the same results, no matter how I resize and reshape PWings, the WindTunnel always give the same result...

Question 2:

There is a mod called KerbalWind which can generates wind in atmosphere, I installed it and set the wind with a speed about 70m/s, from south to north, then I switched F12 on and observed the difference of torques in my aircraft before and after activating wind, I cannot find any changes on torques whether I activate winds or not. 

6 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Have you tested stock wings? Improper installation of FAR will result in all wings generating NO lift.

Yes, stock wings are ok but only their AoA changes the result, different types  and AoAs of stock wings do have influence, but the result still wont be different if wings of a same type with a same AoA are placed at different positions (CoM relativly).

The result I mean is for WindTunnel, all wings function normally during flights.

Thx for replying!

Edited by Scrooge

1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

Yes, stock wings are ok but only their AoA changes the result, different types  and AoAs of stock wings do have influence, but the result still wont be different if wings of a same type with a same AoA are placed at different positions (CoM relativly).

The result I mean is for WindTunnel, all wings function normally during flights.

Thx for replying!

WindTunnel does not work with FAR since its simulation methods are not exposed in the API. In the current implementation, simulation is not thread safe so even exposing it would not make much difference as it would take too long to simulate all the points.

47 minutes ago, dkavolis said:

WindTunnel does not work with FAR since its simulation methods are not exposed in the API. In the current implementation, simulation is not thread safe so even exposing it would not make much difference as it would take too long to simulate all the points.

Ok, now I understand, thank you!

wait a minute, aren't you the author of multiple magnificent mods? I benefit a lot from your works!:o:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.