Favorite Modder

Astrionix

Favorite Modder  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Kerbal Space Program modders is your favorite?

I've been a pure stock player for a long time now. I don't consider mods essential or required for KSP.

That said, I do recognise that the sheer -and not always fully realised- potential of KSP works like a black hole for modding ideas. So. Many. Ideas.

Not every idea is necessarily brought to optimal result, not all modders have the same talents, time, tools, and several other Ts probably. And of course tastes and playing styles and opinions are spread out over an enormous scale, which means people can frown, shrug, or spontaneously want babies when looking at the same mod. But frequently, I dare say most times, I find myself sitting here grinning like a toddler that just got away with two treats instead of one when observing the conception and creation of another completely obviously essential mod idea that somehow, throughout all this time, we all seem to have missed somehow.

Yes yes, we were eating those chestnuts just fine without the fire, but omg why did no one think of having them roasted before? And all it took was striking a random (*) rock to another to create, get this... fire. Fire! It makes chestnuts AWESOME! I don't even know what fire is or why it makes sticks disappear but ROASTED CHESTNUTS OMG! What else can it do?!

<breathes> Ahem. I know, the very irreverently implied 'randomness' of conceiving the idea and bringing it to a tangible useful result is highly debatable. There's bucketloads of talent involved. And an almost inconceivable amount of personal time and energy invested.

So in conclusion: my vote is for ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Modders: y'all are awesome. Like roasted chestnuts awesome. Thank you.

I admire anyone who makes the effort to post a mod and/or maintain it, and am most grateful to all for their efforts. 

Selecting favorites; I'm not sure I see a benefit there.  So have to abstain from an actual vote. 

...but thank you to all of these folks, and anyone that may not be listed.

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

IMO these additional names belong on the list @Galileo @JadeOfMaar

I agree :)

However, I'm not going to make an entry on this poll. I have a lot of love and respect for all KSP modders, because they make the game so much bigger and more interesting and more replayable. I strongly suspect KSP would have died in maybe 2016-17 without the work of all these people who've been expanding it for free.

Last time I tried to pick out a 'core' mod selection for 'bare minimum' gameplay (last month), it ended up with about 20, but it doesn't even matter if a specific mod only lasts for one career - it was still good fun during those weeks/months when I had it, and I often end up carrying a fond memory of the game that it featured strongly in :)

At first glance, not mentioned (or I can't see):

Nyrath (all hail Nyrath the Nearly Wise and his Orion)
sarbian
Beale
allista
FreeThinker
jrodriguez
JadeOfMaar
NathanKell
KillAshley
Thomas P.
DoctorDaVinci
StupidChris
ShadowNinja
N70
Nils277
IgorZ
taniwha
Majiir (retired)
severedsolo
5thHorseman
HebaruSan
hraban
Ger_space
Snark
snjo
Steven Mading
Fengist
Kerbas_ad_astra
PapaJoe
alexustas
Necrobones
nightingale
Galileo
micha
TriggerAu
Starwaster
Teilnehmer
raidernick
blowfish
blackheart612
Shadowmage
MOARdV
Sigma88
FractalUK (he made the original KSPI)
WaveFunctionP (he updated KSPI when a major KSP release happened while FractalUK was absent for a year, also made the KSPI-L fork)
Boris-Barboris (he also maintained KSPI for some time, and not only that)
garwel
CydonianMonk
sumghai
damonvv
Romfarer (Lazor System) (retired)
BobCat (retired)

Edited by kerbiloid

All of them.

In one playthru most of my mods might be signed Galilleo.
In another it could be RoverDude and Linux.
There so much parts, so much worlds (OPM, Galileo planet pack, after Kerbol, etc) that you just can't vote right on this one.

Then there's the ones that ppl take for granted. Like KAC, KER, which are maintained and have been maintained eversince I started KSP all these years ago.

Thanks guys !

On 12/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, kerbiloid said:

Bahamuto D (aka Paolo Encarnacion on youtube)

How could we not list the BD Armory and Critter Crawler creator?

Not to mention bac9 and Godspeed. You don't have the slightest idea of how these two pioneers are important to the current add-on code base!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.