Level up Scientists by amount of researched Science?

derbleifuss

If you like to build Stations with Mobile Processing Labs like I do, you need large Numbers of high leveled Scientists. But getting them beyond Level 3 requires Interplanetary Missions which take quite a while and flying Kerbals in bulk to the Mun and Minmus can get quite tiring as well. Besides I don't see much point in having placed a Flag everywhere necessarily making you a better Scientist. For this Reason, severedsolo and Mark Kerbin have made the Kerbal Academy Mod which allows to level up Pilots in Training Courses. So why won't add a secondary way to level up Scientists?

As the Final Frontier Mod by Nereid does that, it should be possible to count the Number of Science Points a single Kerbal has researched. This in my Opinion is the most logical Way to count the Experience of a Scientist. So I'd lake to create a mod to do exactly that but my Modding Experience so far is limited to adding functions to parts (Mk 2 Lander Cabin with BonVoyage Controller, Mk 4-1 Pod with Research Lab and a very crude Surface Sample Function in the  Drill-O-Matic Junior)

14 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

not exactly what you are requesting - but these two mods provide alternate methods:

Field Training Facility (FTF) and Field Training Lab (FTL)

I'll take a look, it's already heading in the right direction and maybe I'll find a way in them to do my own Thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.