What tips would you guys have for making a KSP cinematic?

ResonantWaves

Suggestions for mods and supporting software... Others will be able to do that. But, I've heard good things about OBS, virtualdub, and the Adobe suite.

As for equipment, well I'm old school so I'm going to recommend pencils and paper. Sure you could use one of 'dem 'der fancy new fangled word processing softwares, but I could never get 'em to work.

What you will want to do is write a script, and plan. There is a saying that for every fifteen minutes spent planning your video you save roughly three hours of shooting. Of course there is an upper limit, but moving from no script to a moderate amount of script you will save yourself a lot of reshoots.

Learn about storyboards. They will help you to frame each scene in the video. And, let you order the shots for the best flow.

Sure, you could do it without any of that if you are skilled, lucky, or both. But, when the skilled, lucky, or both do it, that's when the great videos happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done my last couple of videos in DaVinci Resolve and really like it.  I use OBS to capture game footage then drop it into DaVinci.  I run pure stock with DLC in the game so I can't really recommend any mods but from those that I'm aware of camera tools would probably be useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.