Official IVA Control Expansion

Over the past few years there have been many different mods that expanded on the capabilities of IVA gameplay, but no effort has been shown for it from the actual devs.

I would love an official rework for the IVA side of the game. Cockpits and capsules should all provide full control and configurable information so you can perform entire missions from the IVA perspective, if you wanted to.

At least I hope Star Theory has thought about this for KSP 2...

the IVA screen is a little annoying. no altitude meter, no way to control parts, crew reports, or other things. Btw you should be able to walk around your crew cabin! I really think they should expand on the current IVa and overlay features. IVA should become more like an eva.

• 1 month later...

While I like the idea of being able to explore around in IVA, you have to consider zero G and how we'd have to deal with that. (No VR support there) I will say however that the IVA mode does in fact have all the readouts you technically need. The only thing missing from cockpit view is some way to plan maneuvers or how to tell when a previously planned one is coming up.  Without some sort of digital display, I don't think it'd be possible. (Although I wouldn't say I'm the most creative person so who knows, maybe)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.