Silent Turboshaft Engines

klesh

It's been 6 months since 1.7.3 when the silent turboshaft engines were added.  157 days.  The entirety of the robotics portion of this DLC feels devoid of sounds, but these two engines in particular seem to have a ridiculous, eerie complete pin-drop silence to them.

How many more months are needed before sounds are added?  Are they never to be added?  If you don't plan on adding sounds I would suggest removing the flavor text in the part description talking about the sounds that they make.

Flying around a propeller plane that makes zero sound is not the result of paying extra for additional DLC I was expecting. 

On 12/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, klesh said:

Flying around a propeller plane that makes zero sound is not the result of paying extra for additional DLC I was expecting. 

Electric motors and servos should produce a lot of noise too. I had to place tiny jet engines in my helicopters just to make sound :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 3:50 AM, IkranMakto said:

Electric motors and servos should produce a lot of noise too. I had to place tiny jet engines in my helicopters just to make sound :/

Honestly, the helicopter blade parts should make a whop-whop-whop noise when they turn-slight annoyed that they don’t.:mad:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, Chris Solomon said:

it is listed as confirmed bug and fix is at 10% as of 2 months ago on ksp bug page. most everyone can do atm, is to upvote the issue on the page.

Still at 10%. Meanwhile on another thread made more than half a year later, someone casually writes theoretical code for a blade noise in a message.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, Zwartekop said:

Finally here's some pseudocode to show how this could be implemented: 

//calculate engine sound 

if(motorEngaged == true){
        engineNoisePercentage =  max(100, enginePower);
}

//calculate blade sound

bladeNoisePercentage =  max(100, rotationalspeed* atmPressure); //atmPressure is the amount of Kerbin atmosphere's from 0 to 1 and above. 

The real code will off course be more complicated but I feel like even this would be better then 0 noise inside and outside the cockpit. (situation now)

This is ridiculous

On 7/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bej Kerman said:

pseudocode

On 7/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bej Kerman said:

The real code will off course be more complicated

Honestly, if it were this easy, the developers would have already been added. Besides, even if it were, it might not have been added for reasons other than general incompetence or laziness as you seem to imply, it may not have been added for budget/time constraints, lack of usefulness etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:38 PM, DunaManiac said:

Honestly, if it were this easy, the developers would have already been added. Besides, even if it were, it might not have been added for reasons other than general incompetence or laziness as you seem to imply, it may not have been added for budget/time constraints, lack of usefulness etc.

Well they were able to do it for normal rocket engines. Now we just need an electric whine for electric engines and chopping noises for blades. I mainly make choppers and electric contraptions to take to other planets and to be honest, it's kind of a shame that all my gameplay is dead silent. If this way is a dead end as you seem to suggest is there another way to push the developers?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

MSI infernal robotics had it, how hard can it be ?

Anyway, while we wait for the bug to be solved (let's be optimistic !), does anyone have some nice tips to add sounds to helicopter ?  I've seen someone explaining he was adding thruster while putting their thrust limit to 0%, but it had a lot of weight, please share your bright ideas if you have some :cool:.

Thanks !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.