[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

9 minutes ago, Relonsk said:

I don't have to, because before i installed kerbalism it didn't crashed, now that i installed it it crashes.

And literally no one else is experiencing this problem.

While there's potentially some conflict between Kerbalism and any number of mods, aerodynamic part failures aren't even something that Kerbalism covers. Does your game crash if you simply crash a vessel into the ground? It could simply be hanging up on the part recalculations, etc. when a vessel is destroyed or broken.

And literally no one else is experiencing this problem.

And while there is no reason to doubt that, it bears keeping in mind that "no one else reporting this problem" doesn't equal "no one else experiencing it".
Something I've experienced quite a few times myself, and on both sides of the screen to be fair. Sometimes something just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, or time doesn't allow for a report, or any number of other reasons...
HTH

Edited by Corax

@Sir MortimerI looked around a bit and didn't find anything on this but any chance we can get support for Universal Storage 2's integrated solar panels?  When the craft is loaded it shows under "other" for power but does not produce power in the background.  The panels are pretty slick looking.

Spoiler

OWKyUtD.png

Does Kerbalism work in 1.10? I did a clean install and can't seem to get it to work. I've got the mod manager, CRP, Kerbalism, and the config folder all in GameData. 

EDIT: R-T-B's advice from page 17 seems to work with the latest version. I'll update as I experiment.

Edited by Storthos

In regard to Contract Configurator, the mod compatibility page mentions that "Some Kerbalism events are exposed to the CC API ". Does this extend to the science system? I'm wondering if there is some way I can make CC contracts that require science to be retrieved or transmitted to accept Kerbalism's way of doing these things, specifically the Exploration Plus contracts. I can just remove the science requirement altogether and it'll still be a fair contract, but I'd prefer it if it just played nice with Kerbalism.

Edit: Looks like my issue wasn't with the science itself, so this makes no sense.

Edited by BTAxis

I'm starting a new save using @GregroxMun's Whirligig World mod. I really want to use Kerbalism with it; it has a lot of deep, interesting features that I really look forward to using. I've made my own radiation profiles for some of the planets and moons, which was relatively easy and worked well. However, Kerbalism doesn't seem to recognize the main star, Kaywell, as producing any light. I hate to ask people  to work on something which will probably only benefit me, but I've poked around various config files, changing settings and variables, and haven't been able to get the solar panels working. Could someone take a look at Whirligig World's files and see if there's something I could do to get the sun producing solar power?

On 8/4/2020 at 11:16 AM, surt2 said:

I'm starting a new save using @GregroxMun's Whirligig World mod. I really want to use Kerbalism with it; it has a lot of deep, interesting features that I really look forward to using. I've made my own radiation profiles for some of the planets and moons, which was relatively easy and worked well. However, Kerbalism doesn't seem to recognize the main star, Kaywell, as producing any light. I hate to ask people  to work on something which will probably only benefit me, but I've poked around various config files, changing settings and variables, and haven't been able to get the solar panels working. Could someone take a look at Whirligig World's files and see if there's something I could do to get the sun producing solar power?

if you've enabled the barycenter feature, it may be that Kaywell really *isn't* producing light. IIRC I set it up such that the barycenter would produce all the in-game insolation, to remove some unfortunate bugs.

Per recent discussion in the kerbal interstellar extended mood mod, there might be some conflict between these mods at the moment in current KSP resulting in a freeze with mod manager when it reaches kspicommandcenterdome. I'm the second person I've seen to experience this and removing either kspi or kerbalism fixed the freeze.

Are there any suggested steps I could take to find and eliminate the bug, or is it just that I'm stupid for trying it with the current version of KSP? 

Apologies if I'm doing an obvious stupid. 

Update for KSP 3.10, including a few bug fixes and support for the new magnetometer experiment.

Changes since the last release

• Updated for KSP 1.10 (and removed the necessity to rename shader folders for coming versions)
  • Added science config for the new stock magnetometer experiment (also making DMOS use that)
  • Don't count engine running time during time warp #646
  • Solar storm fixes and additions #648
  • Fix Execution error for null value in Contract #649
  • Make SolarPanelFixer timeEfficCurve Persistent (RO Solar support) #651
  • Fixed duplicate panorama comfort module in some SSPX parts #644

Thanks for updating this for 1.10! Unfortunately this isn't working for me on MacOS. All required support mods are properly installed in the Game Data folder. The added parts show up in the VAB (food containers, oxygen tanks, etc.) but that is the only sign of any presence of Kerbalism in the game. There's no radiation shielding, engine quality, etc. Let me know if anyone has any solutions!

I did try uninstalling/reinstalling both the game and all mods to no avail.

Edited by Kerale
Left out info

54 minutes ago, Kerale said:

Thanks for updating this for 1.10! Unfortunately this isn't working for me on MacOS. All required support mods are properly installed in the Game Data folder. The added parts show up in the VAB (food containers, oxygen tanks, etc.) but that is the only sign of any presence of Kerbalism in the game. There's no radiation shielding, engine quality, etc. Let me know if anyone has any solutions!

LOGS, people.  LOGS.

Quick question about shielding: I see the habitat radiation reading and then the external radiation. If I max out shielding on one part but there's another part with habitat that's unshielded, how does that work? Like are they averaged together or does it take the highest shielded part? Or does it depend on which part the Kerbals are actually in?

12 hours ago, Kerale said:

Are you sure you have KerbalismConfig installed as well?

1 hour ago, Diegonaut said:

I'd like to disable the stress and radiation factors in kerbalism and instead "role-play" these things. Is setting the degradation in the config to zero the best option or is there another way?

There is a Science Only config available on CKAN or here.

@Sir Mortimer,

As you may or may not know, Kopernicus is approaching a stable release.  We know you replace our solar panels, and that's perfectly fine for what you do...  However as both a Kopernicus dev and avid Kerbalism player, it makes me sad that I cannot use our swanky new multiple lightsource/stellar body support inroduced in release 1.9.1 (currently in a release candidate phase, soon to be stable).

I know nothing about the Kerbalism code, so some of this may be naive and/or just plain silly, but how hard would it be to make these two work together somehow without Kopernicus making Kerbalism a hard dependency?  I see a few ways forward, knowing nearly nothing about your side of things:

1.) Kopernicus updates our panel code to be Kerbalism aware in some form, and you can stop replacing our panels because they'll work with you.

2.)  Kerbalism keeps replacing the panel-modules as it always has, but you integrate your own multistar code (I could maybe make a PR) so it is then multistar aware.

Which of these is better, you think?  Do you have a desire to pursue this?  I'd be willing to make most of the code and do most of the legwork, either way.

EDIT:  I just had a read at the wiki, do you already suppport multiple light sources?  If so, bravo!

Edited by R-T-B

18 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

There is a Science Only config available on CKAN or here.

But there's a ton more features that Diegonaut might actually enjoy that are not included in the science only config.

...  I am in the same camp actually, so I feel his question has some validity.