[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

On 1/16/2020 at 12:18 PM, Cheesecake said:

I did this before. The Experiments works but doesn´t extend anymore. As example: the gamma ray boom of Coatl Aerospace. I Can`t extend the boom with this patch.

The Experiment part module needs to set an anim_deploy for the animation. Use whatever is used in DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric/animationName.

The boom should extend when you add this:

anim_deploy = deploy

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Ok, so I know that I should be able to receive science from this, have I set up the experiment wrong or is this just possibly a bug? If needed I can provide my mod list/log.

Breaking grounds surface experiments will take a while to finish, and it might be that the science value isn't received gradually but will be received at once when it is finished - not sure. I thought I saw something to this effect in a recent test, but didn't bother to look closer and pay some attention. In the end, I got the points - but don't know after how long. There might exist a few quirks there, not ruse.

Next version will have full support BDB experiments :D

BDB.png

14 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

The Experiment part module needs to set an anim_deploy for the animation. Use whatever is used in DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric/animationName.

The boom should extend when you add this:

anim_deploy = deploy

Thanks. I found a solution. Used your Patch for the GooExperiment, made a new config and replaced the Part with all the animated parts:

@PART[ca_GRS|ca_RPWS|ca_RPWS_STEREO|ca_landv_cam_s1|ca_DUSTC|ca_ELIX|ca_LUV|ca_magneto2|mer_mag|ca_stereoBoom|ca_landv_soilScoop|ca_sciBoom|ca_argo-mk4-cam]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]		{}
	@MODULE[Experiment]
	{
		%anim_deploy = deploy
	}
}

That works.

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Is it intentional that multiple antennas cant work together to increase transmission bandwidth?

They do, in a way. Some combinations actually decrease the bandwidth. Which antennas do you use?

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal#range-and-rate

Combining antennae will increase the communications range, but only to a very limited extend will it increase the data rate. When using multiple antennae at the same time, their combined data range will be the geometric mean of their individual rates.

Edit: I use the Soil Moisture Sensor from the DMagic Orbital Science mod as the main antenna on many science probes. Its data rates are just so much better than any stock antenna.

Edited by HansAcker

20 hours ago, HansAcker said:

They do, in a way. Some combinations actually decrease the bandwidth. Which antennas do you use?

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal#range-and-rate

6x DTS-M1

6x 16-S

1x 88-88

the DTS-M1's and 16-S are attached via sub probes that will later leave the mothership. I am only orbiting kerbin at 75k and my max bandwidth is about 25 kbps

Edited by mcwaffles2003

2 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

Kerbalism replace EVA monoprop by normal monoprop, taken from your vessel when going out. Your EVA kerbal won't get any if your vessel doesn't have any MP.

Okay-- that's my understanding too -- and it seems it didn't work in this instance. I'll check it again this evening and put a log, etc. here but the monoprop seems to be *taken* from the capsule/craft supply of it when coming back in from EVA, but the kerbal going back out on EVA has zero in the pack.

I even added a huge RCS tank to supplement the mk1 cockpit (my test craft is an Aeries 3A) in case some sort of wastage was being modeled.

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Ah thank you for that bug report

Noooo! Please don't. I'll just un-nerf them! :kiss:

Given the size of the antenna, I think it's ok to have a better data rate than the 88-88. The bug report, if any, would be that the antenna works even with the experiment boom retracted.

10 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Okay-- that's my understanding too -- and it seems it didn't work in this instance. I'll check it again this evening and put a log, etc. here but the monoprop seems to be *taken* from the capsule/craft supply of it when coming back in from EVA, but the kerbal going back out on EVA has zero in the pack.

I even added a huge RCS tank to supplement the mk1 cockpit (my test craft is an Aeries 3A) in case some sort of wastage was being modeled.

Okay -- one more poke at this, and I think I see what was confusing me.

I am looking at Enceos' really cool kerbal visor prop that displays the active amount of EVA fuel left. It uses Indicator lights to draw little hashes on the visor to indicate how many "bars" of fuel are left. It's flippin' brilliant. I just needed to change the tracked resource to MonoPropellant. Anyhow...

It seems that wearing the eyepiece is blocking the apparent refill of the pack on the way out of the craft. Monoprop is deducted from the craft, but the kerbal has 0% indicated. It behaves this way until removing the eyepiece prop. Then things return to normal.

Is the indicator lights quantity check somehow interrupting the refill process on the way out of the capsule?

Edit: ** tried this w/o Kerbalism and EVA Propellant refills normally.  

Here's a Log in case it can shed some light
[Kerbalism, KIS, Kerbal Hacks (props pack), and Indicator Lights (plus all prereqs).]

Edited by Beetlecat

14 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Ah thank you for that bug report :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo...................

So is there any way for me to find out what my transmission rates are going to be because all is see in the tooltips is Mits/s and I dont know how that translates into kbps or how it diminishes over distance.

Also will having weaker omni antennas on my craft like the 16-S going to diminish my transmission rates in some form of averaging?

I just dont know what the general mechanic for this is

Edited by mcwaffles2003

24 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo...................

So is there any way for me to find out what my transmission rates are going to be because all is see in the tooltips is Mits/s and I dont know how that translates into kbps or how it diminishes over distance.

It's already in the latest dev build.

Bildschirmfoto_2020-01-19_um_22.48.05.pn

24 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Also will having weaker omni antennas on mt craft like the 16-S going to diminish my transmission rates in some form of averaging?

I just dont know what the general mechanic for this is

Yes, it will. Details see here.

10 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

It's already in the latest dev build.

Bildschirmfoto_2020-01-19_um_22.48.05.pn

Yes, it will. Details see here.

Weird, I'm seeing this:

2yaj8dU.png

Mod List:

Spoiler

B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.12.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.12.5)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.11)
Celestial Body Science Editor (CelestialBodyScienceEditor 12.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.98)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.0.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.0)
Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.0)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v5.3)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.20.0)
Destruction Effects (DestructionEffects 2:v1.11.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
Engine Lighting Relit (EngineLightRelit 1.6.2.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.8.0-2)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.7.0.0)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0)
Infernal Robotics - Next (InfernalRoboticsNext v3.0.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.13.3.5)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.13.3.5)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.5)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.1.6)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.1)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.24)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.15)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.8.5)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.2)
Kerbalism - Default Config (Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.2)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.4)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.25.6.5)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.9.1.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.6)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.1)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 1.3.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.0)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.1.0)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.1.0)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.0)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
Probes Before Crew [PBC] (ProbesBeforeCrew 2.80)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch 1:3.3.0.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.1.0)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v3.0.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.7.5)
Reentry Particle Effect (ReentryParticleEffect 1.4)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.6.0)
ResearchBodies (ResearchBodies 2:V1.11.0.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.0.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.0.3)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.14)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0541)
scatterer - default config (Scatterer-config 2:v0.0541)
scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0541)
Science Relay (ScienceRelay 6.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.9.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.2.1)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.3.2)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.3.0)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.3.10)
Universal Storage II (UniversalStorage2 1.7.0.10)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.1)

In fact, looking specifically at the Communotron 8 I have:

L1 - 22.4Mm

L2 - 112Mm

L3 - 250Mm

Which is different, do any of these mods look like they would mess with Kerbalism?

(I have applied your remedy to "Research Bodies" as explained earlier in the thread)

Edited by mcwaffles2003

18 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

The latest dev build is not the latest release, it is newer. You can get it from here.
That feature is so new that it hasn't seen its first weekend ;)

Cool, thank you for the info :)

Out of curiosity, is there anyway for me to disable the omni antennas or am I SOL until I deploy all my  mini probes? Also will the data rate go up once I am far enough away that they alone can no longer communicate with KSC?

Edited by mcwaffles2003

2 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Cool, thank you for the info :)

Out of curiosity, is there anyway for me to disable the omni antennas or am I SOL until I deploy all my  mini probes? Also will the data rate go up once I am far enough away that they alone can no longer communicate with KSC?

If they are retractable, just retract them. But you cannot disable antennas that aren't.

Kerbalism 3.3

• Science experiments in sandbox mode
  • Fixed loading crashes, better handling of fatal errors (will display a message if something is bad)
  • Some UI tweaks (compacted module infos, more tooltips in automation, habitat volume in part info and others)
  • Kerbalism knows chinese! Tinygrox took on the herculanean task of localizing all of Kerbalism, including parts of the user interface that previously were not localized. English and chinese localizations are complete, all others (german, spanish, russian, portugese) can be extended at any time. Contributions welcome!
  • Bugfixes: Harvester automation (asazernik), drill parts with restock installed (eberkain), and antenna automation
  • Updated support for: Beyond Home (radiation models), BDB (science configuration), RealAntennas, ROSolar, stock antenna configurations, Near Future Exploration (reflectors), US2 (rtg), SSPX (rotating gravity ring counterweights), ReStockPlus (the new nuclear engine now emits radiation)
  • API updates and exensions (in preparation for RPM compatibility, and part modules that need to produce/consume vessel resources)
  • Improved data transmitter module info, now includes effective data rates and EC consumption
  • New formula to calculate the shadow period for elliptical orbits. And there is a new (experimental because potentially CPU hungry) method of estimating sun exposure during very fast time warping. Needs to be turned on in settings.
  • The stock M700 survey scanner is now integrated in the science system: on data retrieval, unlocks the resource map for this body
Edited by Sir Mortimer

in Kerbalism 3.3 sample capacity cannot be selected in VAB and in flight there is no more mention of the number of slots available for an experiment.

Reverted to 3.2 and it is there. Is it an intended change with the new version or is now available somewhere else and I missed it?

Thanks guys!

Playing career with KSP 1.8.1 and limited mods (KIS, KAS, Scansat and some contract packs)

5 hours ago, IceCube said:

in Kerbalism 3.3 sample capacity cannot be selected in VAB and in flight there is no more mention of the number of slots available for an experiment.

Reverted to 3.2 and it is there. Is it an intended change with the new version or is now available somewhere else and I missed it?

Thanks guys!

Playing career with KSP 1.8.1 and limited mods (KIS, KAS, Scansat and some contract packs)

I can see it fine

Spoiler

a9mHwkr.jpg

I can see it too on the pods. But not on the mystery goo nor the materials bay. Apologies just realized I was not specific enough in the description initially

Do you mind having a quick look with those parts please?

Edited by IceCube