[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

26 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

I seem to remember the deployment status not showing up when there was a typo in that field.

that could be it - sounds familiar to the issue where if you don't handle the thrustTransform of engines as case-sensitive you can lose the ability to gimbal or show effects

Hey. Long-time fan of the mod, coming back to KSP after a long break. Does anyone know what the current state of compatibility with RemoteTech is? I remember there being issues in the past, but not clear if the compatibility list on the GitHub is up to date.

And how much do the features of the two overlap at this point anyway? And the Kerbalism signal system is meant to run alongside the stock CommNet, right?

52 minutes ago, One eyed Smile said:

Will the version 4.0 require a new game save? Or will we be able to just upgrade the mod from 3.9 to 4.0?

It's my understanding that 4.0 will require a new save but it's a way off yet.

I get these errors when using Kerbalism with B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines, Critter Crawler mod (

):
[LOG 14:06:33.866] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#maxThrust,@atmosphereCurve]]:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to BahaSP/Parts/miniJet/part.cfg/PART[bdMiniJet]
[ERR 14:06:33.866] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @MODULE[Reliability] : original value="0       2351  0    3.26E+07" operator=Divide mod value="7.5E-06 2564  0    0"
[ERR 14:06:33.866] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @MODULE[Reliability] : original value="0       2351  0    3.26E+07" operator=Subtract mod value="1.5"
[ERR 14:06:33.866] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @MODULE[Reliability] : original value="0       2351  0    3.26E+07" operator=Multiply mod value="5"
[ERR 14:06:33.866] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @MODULE[Reliability] : original value="0       2351  0    3.26E+07" operator=Add mod value="1"
[ERR 14:06:33.867] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @MODULE[Reliability] : original value="0       2351  0    3.26E+07" operator=Add mod value="10"
[LOG 14:06:33.867] Applying update KerbalismConfig/System/Reliability/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#maxThrust,@atmosphereCurve]]:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]:FOR[KerbalismDefault] to BahaSP/Parts/retractableEngine/part.cfg/PART[bahaRetractEngine]

As I understand patching process tries to do some math using value 0 (such as division, multiplication and etc.) and fails.
Any idea how to fix it (or how could I fix it quickly through cfg)? All dependencies installed.
Here is module manager log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IFMTCvVBLBWAQwrRqu-zWyag1QvkGuF2/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Might be dumb on my part but I can't figure out an answer to this question after looking at documentation and searching for a bit...

I'm trying to get the big 600 science reward for the Infrared Telescope scan of Kerbin. It takes like 25 years - but if I launch 25 satellites, does it take 1 year, or do they all simultaneously chip away at the same 'block' of science and to get it all it'll still take the full time?

Edited by Jerichoba

So it's my first time playthrough with KSP and I think I bit off more than I can chew with the Kerbalism ISRU. I'm trying to build my first refueling station around Minmus and mine for ore so it can be self sustaining, but the processes to make fuel are just absurdly complex for a beginner. The rig I built cost $200,000 and despite using a nuclear generator producing several MW, still didn't have enough power to run the electrolyzer and the convert-o-tron at the same time. It also only made 1 unit of liquid fuel per day. Which would take a few centuries to fill up one of my fuel tanks. Not only that but I had to transport in water every couple of days to keep it running. It just seems way too difficult to be feasible. 

I'm wondering if there's anyway I can just simplify this and restore the simple ore> LF+Ox that I see on peoples' base games to the convert-o-tron. Trying to figure out how to make fuel and oxidizer is too much for my first time and has killed any enjoyment I had in the game, but I don't think I can uninstall kerbalism with everything I've done so far. 

How exactly/what do I need to setup a .cfg for Kerbalism?

I want to add one for both Novapunch's Freyja, Tundra Exploration, and reDirect Orion. And I can't figure out how to add food.

Edited by davidy12

5 hours ago, theicon32 said:

So it's my first time playthrough with KSP and I think I bit off more than I can chew with the Kerbalism ISRU. I'm trying to build my first refueling station around Minmus and mine for ore so it can be self sustaining, but the processes to make fuel are just absurdly complex for a beginner. The rig I built cost $200,000 and despite using a nuclear generator producing several MW, still didn't have enough power to run the electrolyzer and the convert-o-tron at the same time. It also only made 1 unit of liquid fuel per day. Which would take a few centuries to fill up one of my fuel tanks. Not only that but I had to transport in water every couple of days to keep it running. It just seems way too difficult to be feasible. 

I'm wondering if there's anyway I can just simplify this and restore the simple ore> LF+Ox that I see on peoples' base games to the convert-o-tron. Trying to figure out how to make fuel and oxidizer is too much for my first time and has killed any enjoyment I had in the game, but I don't think I can uninstall kerbalism with everything I've done so far. 

Well I found a solution. I was so disturbed at the thought of losing something like 200 hours of gameplay (don't judge me, quarantine. so what if I've only had the game for a month) AND starting over without all the stuff in Kerbalism that I love, that I actually downloaded Blender and Unity and was watching tutorials so I could build my own convert-o-tron, when I realized... The old convert-o-tron files and code should still be in the game. What if I just copied them, renamed the files, pasted them into Squad's parts folder in GameData and edited the config files to open up the renamed files?

Basically just a copy and paste, with a quick edit in the part's config, and poof. Working convert-o-tron. Sorry for taking up space but I am too addicted to this game to give it up. 

24 minutes ago, theicon32 said:

Well I found a solution. I was so disturbed at the thought of losing something like 200 hours of gameplay. 

"Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about S.A.V.E.?" :)

So when will this be updated to KSP 1.10? It feels like my campaign always starts getting good and then they decide to change a bunch of stuff in game...

(yeah I know I can just revert to 1.9.1, but comets!) 

5 hours ago, MassoudGL said:

So when will this be updated to KSP 1.10? It feels like my campaign always starts getting good and then they decide to change a bunch of stuff in game...

1.10 came out TODAY. It's highly likely it will be followed by 1.10.1 and your asking WHEN will this be updated already!

Sit back and relax and enjoy 1.9.1 and Kerbalism. It will be weeks until this is updated if at all. Don't poke the mod developers. Don't be that guy.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:26 AM, Cruesoe said:

1.10 came out TODAY. It's highly likely it will be followed by 1.10.1 and your asking WHEN will this be updated already!

Sit back and relax and enjoy 1.9.1 and Kerbalism. It will be weeks until this is updated if at all. Don't poke the mod developers. Don't be that guy.

Sorry lol, I feel like a douche. I was asking more because I heard that it won't be save compatible and I just started a new one, so wasn't sure if I should continue or just wait. But thanks and thanks for all you do!

I've experimented in adding harvester nodes and converter nodes powered by Kerbalism. Harvesters work fine (apparently, anyway. I haven't launched any of these parts) but converter nodes don't seem to want to get along. If anyone is around who has experience editing a Kerbalism profile (preferably, MM patching into it) do raise a hand.

* Added converters (apparently they don't fully load). Maybe the Kerbalism profiles are loaded in a way that MM operations don't get noticed.

Spoiler

On the right is a converter I added, Hydrates Splitter. Its input and output items aren't appearing.

DZQ3JZG.png

* Added harvesters

Spoiler

Harvester nodes look fine. Note that these changes will be held within Rational Resources where the extra resources become relevant.

Atmospheric (all new)

JM8atVB.png

Exospheric (all new)

wUd7mti.png

Surface (updated)
Added a few things

461RMxA.png

Oceanic (updated)
Added LqdMethane, changed Ammonia and Nitrogen to LqdAmmonia and LqdNitrogen

2aavFXE.png

* Buffed engine run time and ignition count

Spoiler

Their default restriction doesn't make much sense for sci-fi engines such as of the Endurance. I was told their ignition limits are auto-calculated to just 1. I wonder if 120 ignitions are too much for standard quality.

kqJDzRT.png

* Fixed puny science storage

Spoiler

oyLVf1j.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 7/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, MassoudGL said:

3.9 kerbalism works  in 1.10.0...  sorta  All you need to do is copy the "19" folder in GameData/Kerbalism/Shaders and name the copy "110."  Then edit VersionConfig.xml in your Kerbalism folder to replace the <KBinVersionConstant Include="18">...</KBinVersionConstant> node with the following:

<KBinVersionConstant Include="18">
      <KSPMinMajor>1</KSPMinMajor>
      <KSPMinMinor>8</KSPMinMinor>
      <KSPMinBuild>0</KSPMinBuild>
      <KSPMaxMajor>1</KSPMaxMajor>
      <KSPMaxMinor>10</KSPMaxMinor>
      <KSPMaxBuild>9</KSPMaxBuild>
      <KSPBuildVersion>1.8.0</KSPBuildVersion>
      <KSPNETFramework>v4.0</KSPNETFramework>
    </KBinVersionConstant>

Kerbalism now runs.

No idea how buggy it may be in practice, but I'm using it ok.  I've also blacklisted a few of the new science parts for safety though.  If you do this, be sure and indicate you are running in an unsupported config in your bug reports.

Edited by R-T-B

I cloned this stock intake and gave it a copper band like boats have, and purposed it as an ocean harvester. I've just released it along with the other harvester things. But I've chosen to stick with stock module setup for my converter boxes and any new or added converter chains. There's too large a liability to be met (as a mod maker who doesn't play with Kerbalism) just to have Kerbalism-powered converter options.

JcDa4O9.png

Some provisions have been made to help keep players feeling at home if they so choose to oblige with non-Kerbalism converters:

NDOIaTP.png

The Hitchhiker and Science Lab do not have any supplies other than Nitrogen. Is this intended?

I'm wondering because I'm new to Kerbalism, and in Snacks the Hitchhiker was the mainstay of long term life support.

Edited by EchoLima

On 7/9/2020 at 5:58 AM, EchoLima said:

The Hitchhiker and Science Lab do not have any supplies other than Nitrogen. Is this intended?

I'm wondering because I'm new to Kerbalism, and in Snacks the Hitchhiker was the mainstay of long term life support.

Yes that is correct.

You can't use the hitchhiker on its own, you need to 'kit out' your craft.  They need a command pod with ECLSS (scrubbers and such) too.

Peace.