[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

For some reason I'm seeing negative values for the standard Mk1 pod when it gets recovered while using Kerbalism + standard config in KSP 1.9.1; not sure why this would be the case but it happens every time I use it, from just dropping one on the pad and recovering it immediately to LKO and back (I haven't gone any further in this career yet, only started yesterday!) and it's a bit of a pain early in a career when funds are tight and recovering parts is the only way to pay for the next mission.

First I'd like to thank Kerbalism author(s) and tester(s) for this amazingly deep and rich mod. It renewed my interest for KSP. You rock!

I also have two questions :) (I'm using "Kerbalism - Default Config")

First: what is the clean way to add the laboratory experiments to a mod/custom laboratory? Sampling analysis is added to any lab out of the box. But experiments are not and I can't figure out the right module manager code to add it. I tried with Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (which has a patch, but not for the lab) and a custom made lab with all the same science modules as the stock one. Any hint?

Second: in the Kerbalism Default Config module manager file I can see that a lab experiments can apparently be changed in-flight by any Level-5 Scientist. I tried it with a sandbox save and can't find how it works. Any hint?

Is it possible to transfer science samples with RO Kerbalism? I try to move a sample from camera to science core / sample return capsule. There is a button to collect science, but nothing happens, the sample stays in the camera. 

Am I just stupid or it's intentional?  If so, why?  Cameras are not supposed to survive reentry.

[snip]

It's time to take a break from the internet for today, friend.

That was half of my post the other was looking if someone had a potential fix.

Edited by Vanamonde

9 minutes ago, Zombie_Striker said:

Some new experiments require scientists.

Sweet, thanks! I reverted to 1.9 and started a new file a little while ago. I'm pretty pumped to actually grind this one out instead of resetting halfway through.

I haven't seen an update for Kerbalism for a bit, has the mod ended development or just in pause mode for a break? I really love using this mod with KSP, but it's missing in action when using KSP v1.10.

Perhaps I should revert to KSP v1.9.1 for now so as to be able to use Kerbalism? If an update is coming in the next few weeks, I'll just wait, but if more like months from now, reverting might be a good option. Any thoughts from others?

@GJNelson

the current (most recent developers) are lurking, but they experienced burn out, I think in no small part because of lockdowns through various parts of the world which has brought work stress and family stresses.  They are lurking, but not much is happening currently.

What they were working on was a major major revamp and change - more efficient code, better coding solutions, more patchability.

But there is no ETA and no current work.

22 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

@GJNelson

the current (most recent developers) are lurking, but they experienced burn out, I think in no small part because of lockdowns through various parts of the world which has brought work stress and family stresses.  They are lurking, but not much is happening currently.

What they were working on was a major major revamp and change - more efficient code, better coding solutions, more patchability.

But there is no ETA and no current work.

Yeah, the stay-at-home practices have been a really mixed experience depending on where you are and what your "day job" is. Sure, lots more time at home, but the comfort and clarity to work on spare projects like these kinda dwindles in time of crisis. I hope things settle down enough soon.

Kerbalism integration for the various ISRU parts in Stockalike Mining Expansion (for any interested parties) is now available through Rational Resources. Most of my pictures don't feature Kebalism but do feature the variety of parts.

Hey there, love this mod, planning a Duna mission, but I noticed something...

Duna doesn't really have a magnetic field.. so it's not protected by solar storms... how do you protect kerbals on the surface from radiation? I got max shielding, but still has a solar storm time of... 16 days.. which seems very bad, because I'm trying to go for a 10 year lifespan of my Duna base here. I don't really see how I could protect them from the sun while landed on Duna. Is this intended?

Hm, read the manual, seems like storms don't apply in a magnetosphere, so maybe it's throwing Duna in there like that in the calculations by accident.

I'm having another issue, however. Water recyclers, and water electrolysis don't seem to be working in time warp. When I go back they switch on but then they switch off....

I am using MKS, and I know it's incompatible, but I didn't really know why. I just want some of the parts.. well, really just the flexotube part of it. Is this one of those known incompatabilities?

16 hours ago, Vivalas said:

Hm, read the manual, seems like storms don't apply in a magnetosphere, so maybe it's throwing Duna in there like that in the calculations by accident.

I'm having another issue, however. Water recyclers, and water electrolysis don't seem to be working in time warp. When I go back they switch on but then they switch off....

I am using MKS, and I know it's incompatible, but I didn't really know why. I just want some of the parts.. well, really just the flexotube part of it. Is this one of those known incompatabilities?

MKS and Kerbalism have different resource converter processes and different ways of handling those converters during timewarp. That's one of the reasons MKS is incompatible, and why resource converters will be buggy when you use both mods at the same time.

It is possible to cut the flexotube out from the rest of MKS and just use that, but you need a bit of mod knowhow to achieve that. It's not as difficult as you may think, though.

Edited by TBenz

So I solved this. Dunno what the issue was, disabling MKS didn't fix it, and it only bugged out when switching to a specific craft.

Toggling a bunch of random converters on the station fixed it, but I completely disabled MKS just in case anyways and indeed ended up just cannibalizing the entire mod and just used the flexotube part of it.