[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Hi Community. I am a bit lost with the number of process slots for the Mini and the big ISRU.
I have a Science game on the go, in this game the mini ISRU gets 2 slots and the big one 3. My tech tree is almost completely unlocked.
In the very same KSP installation I created a Sandbox game, I get respectively 1 and 2.

If I take a look to the Default.cfg file I can see:

// ============================================================================
// ISRU chemical plants
// ============================================================================

@PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant,MiniISRU,ISRU]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[KerbalismDefault]
{

Then

MODULE
  {
    name = Configure
    title = Chemical Plant
    slots = 1

UPGRADES
    {
      UPGRADE
      {
        name__ = Upgrade-Slots
        techRequired__ = electronics
        slots = 0
      }
    }

Then we have a specific statement for the bigger ISRU

@PART[ISRU]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[KerbalismDefault]
{
  @MODULE[ProcessController],*
  {
    @capacity *= 90.0     //  36.0 * 5 / 2  (ISRU is 5 times bigger than the MiniISRU but has double the slots)
  }

@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Chemical?Plant]]
  {
    %slots = 2
  }
}

Then party time

// You get a slot upgrade, and you get a slot upgrade, EVERYONE gets a slot upgrade!
// Had to fix unintended shenenigans, assuming whoever patched this initially never expected multiple configures on the same part.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Configure]]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[KerbalismDefault]
{ 	@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Pod]] 			{ @UPGRADES { @UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[Upgrade?Slots]] { @slots = #$../../slots$
      @slots += 1 } } }
	@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Life?Support]] 	{ @UPGRADES { @UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[Upgrade?Slots]] { @slots = #$../../slots$
      @slots += 1 } } }
	@MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Chemical?Plant]] 	{ @UPGRADES { @UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[Upgrade?Slots]] { @slots = #$../../slots$
      @slots += 1 } } }
}

Does that mean the expected behaviour is 2 slots for the small ISRU and 3 for the bigger one?

Edited by OnlyLightMatters

Another question.

I made a survey of Minmus. No water in the ground but the survey reports an ocean with water in it. There is also an atmosphere. So I made a test with 1 drill and 1 pump but none of them could extract any water.

201022043345420162.png

Is it a bug?  Is there a way to mine this ressource?

Kerbalism 3.11 doesn't seem to be working at all in 1.10.1. It adds parts but no functionality. I do have Module Manager 4.1.4 and Community Resource Pack 1.4.1, and besides that it's a clean install. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: Reinstalling via the Github link instead of Spacedock works. I don't know what's wrong with the Spacedock download but it's not functioning.

Edited by septemberWaves

29 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Kerbalism 3.11 doesn't seem to be working at all in 1.10.1. It adds parts but no functionality. I do have Module Manager 4.1.4 and Community Resource Pack 1.4.1, and besides that it's a clean install. Am I missing something obvious?

I've been following a YouTube series which is using Kerbalism 3.11 in 1.10.1, so I am guessing that you  have a configuration error somewhere.

1 hour ago, frozenbinary said:

Is there an easy way to get CO2 without crew?

Kerbalism does not have easy ways ;)

Without crews breathing or producing waste for the incinerator, Molten Regolith and Duna's atmosphere are the only sources of CO2 in Kerbalism that I know of.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Kerbalism losing the configured crew and lab experiments on stations and bases in flight. On some occasions I managed to copy and paste some configs around in the save file and restore them, but this isn't working now. Is there a way to make both lab and crew experiments reconfigurable in flight and to change the level of scientist required for doing so to level 3? Right now it's only possible to configure lab experiments in flight and you need a level 5 scientist to do so.

Hi,

I'm here to report an error on Kerbalism loading.

Error upon loading any save after I installed Kerbalism, using default configs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42o2jv6k9kj1wgs/screenshot9.png?dl=0

ksp.log: (Do note that I have ~150 mods currently installed. Let me know if this isn't enough and I need to go hunting for an incompatibility with a binary search. The installed ResearchBodies uses the un-broken patch)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4obqufyn9sst66i/KSP.log(1)?dl=0

Initial error is pretty much the same as shown in screenshot of warning:

[ERR 17:51:16.450] [Kerbalism] Kerbalism.OnLoad FATAL ERROR : Kerbalism core init has failed :
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Lib.GetShader (System.String name) [0x00030] in <44d2b28eb09144efbf56dab50bc4321b>:0 
  at KERBALISM.LineRenderer.Init () [0x00000] in <44d2b28eb09144efbf56dab50bc4321b>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x0001b] in <44d2b28eb09144efbf56dab50bc4321b>:0 

Thanks for what you can do! I was messing around in a stock install with this and KTT yesterday and it was 10x better than any stock playthrough I've ever done, and I'm just dipping my toe in! As a newbie to it, I actually can't wait until it starts punishing me more for not installing redundant ECLSS or something like that.

EDIT: Fixed itself with a reinstall

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

I had seen a couple reports in the BDB thread about some issues with Kerbalism, so I think that might be the culprit, looking through your log file, it appears to be throwing an exception on the solar panels that have multiple variants such as the OAO.solarUpper part.     Nothing to see here...

Edited by hemeac

Just now, hemeac said:

I had seen a couple reports in the BDB thread about some issues with Kerbalism, so I think that might be the culprit, looking through your log file, it appears to be throwing an exception on the solar panels that have multiple variants such as the OAO.solarUpper part.  

I know about the problem with BDB panels (I should have mentioned that), but have seen no reports of it causing this problem.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

Today I needed a craft able to carry a few kerbals outside of Kerbin's SOI so that they could reach level 3. I came out with 2 designs.

KSS Clyde, low thrust but 2,208m/s of dV.

201031065004408895.png

KSS Clyde Heavy, not so high thrust but 4,220m/s of dV

201031065004544974.png

While building these crafts I found a bit of ressemblance with the ghosts of PacMan.

20103106563872860.png

This is why I chose a name from one of these ghosts!

Feat Kerbalism, Restock+, Near Future Spacecraft, Tweakscale.

2 hours ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

By reactor you mean jet engines? 

The "Near Future" mod suite (specifically, Near Future Electrical) includes a series of nuclear reactors that provide high amounts of power, for the tradeoff of high mass and high heat generation.

My understanding is that Kerbalism normally replaces the functionality of those reactor parts, but I haven't tried it myself and I don't know how a science only Kerbalism config would interact with those reactors.

Hello @Sir Mortimer

I have finished the Spanish translation (it was very incomplete), I have compared the files en-us and es-es to leave it with the same lines and translated, as soon as I finish reviewing it I will send you the file privately.

Bye!

Spoiler

1.jpg

Edited by Novak

I have a question about Kerbalism:

I recently asked about Kerbalism and NFE compatibility, and after looking around in the configs, it appears that the changes are all made by MM patches. If I were to remove the NFE patch, would I retain the default behavior of reactors? I know I would lose background simulation, and I'm fine with that. (I already set crews not to require any EC for ECLSS)

Also, a few years ago I tried a different version with SSPXR, and the centrifuge rings appeared to lose their animation. Has this been fixed yet?

Thanks for the wonderful mod!

Even I never play in french because I don't like localized UIs, I am currently working on the french translation of the mod. Saw a few errors in the french translation of the CommunityRessourcePack as well. ex Nitrogen has never been call Nitrogène but Azote (Lavoisier named the gas as zoo means life, a before something means it is deprivated of something so a-zoo-te is a gas in which no life can breathe).
Try to understand how the configuration of modules/processes works because I have some "pump" and "drill" still visible in the UI.

I hope my first pull request will be done by sunday.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, frozenbinary said:

Does the science only version of Kerbalism work with incompatiable mods such as MKS/USILS?  I love Kerbalism's science but the life support, radiation, and part failure is a bit too much for me.

iti propabnynbly won't eb supported even if it does works

Hi All,

I have question regarding the VAB Kerbalism planner numbers and calculations.  I just installed Kerbalism and I already did Mun fly-by and kept kerbal in orbit alive for 30 days and I noticed that Kerbalism planner in VAB gives me inaccurate numbers around electricity consumption, oxygen usage and hydrogen whilst using fuel cell as only electricity source and only thing that consumes hydrogen as well oxygen.

Take a look here: 

TYUfKyC.png

The cell is set to run in VAB, per the cell numbers Oxygen consumption should be 0.507/s while if you look at the planner it is 0.536/s. I removed the cell to see if the difference between the numbers is due the oxygen consumption because of the kerbal on board but that was not the case. In other words the planner seems to be underestimating oxygen consumption.

Also the hydrogen consumption is off:

EQLMtpK.png

Per fuel cell specs the Hydrogen consumption should be 1.001/s, while the planner underestimates this massively and it reports consumption of only 0.014/s. Furthermore, take a look at the electric charge numbers, consumed 0.034 (I don't know if this takes in the account all experiments and operations on board) and produced 0.034/s. The electricity production by the fuel cell specs is 2.403/s.

Now as you can see on the first look to me the numbers look underestimated massively which on the short flight to Mun wont make much difference but when I tried to keep kerbal up there alive for 30 days this difference was evident and it can kill. So I am reading these numbers wrong or doing something wrong or there is some bug? Basically I am hoping this Kerbalism planner would give me accurate numbers or worst case scenario numbers, I would rather it say I lack oxygen and hydrogen so that I overprovision then end up lacking some on the way to Duna.