[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

7 hours ago, Fundati said:

I'm looking through the mod files and wondering where I can tweak consumption rates? Is there anyone still maintaining this mod, or is it orphaned?

In the Kerbalism config.

"Is there anyone still maintaining this mod..."   Did you read any of the OP post? Try the discord for support if you want a quicker answer.

Anyone know what the axis of Kerbin's magnetic poles are set to? Jool's is noted in the cfg file but I can't find Kerbin's noted in the cfgs or wiki. Not sure how to calculate the degree of tilt based on the lat/lng position nor is it clear how the offset property affects this.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:46 AM, Fundati said:

I'm looking through the mod files and wondering where I can tweak consumption rates?

You should find those in the game difficulty settings if you want to adjust them. If you're looking for config files, the base rates are configured in KerbalismConfig/Profiles/Default.cfg (search for "eating", "drinking", etc.).

Hi all,
i have a question regarding the nerf of the SSPX PDT-6 "Star" Utility Module. https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/commit/6d99aa6db7a515e0fa00a2771dc38d93ce275318

Instead of moving it far back into the tech tree and therefore rendering it unavailable for your early space stations, would it be possible to implement the offending active shield module as a upgrade, like it is done with several modules?

Hi. I'm using Kerbalism and Station Parts Expansion Redux. I've found that the 3.75m science lab included with SSPXr doesn't include the science experiments you can perform with the stock 2.5m lab. Anyone know of any module manager patches or something to fix this? Just to be clear, I have zero experience with modding/coding or writing MM patches, so I don't think I'd be able to do it myself.

Thanks.

Hello, I've been having issues with Kerbalism on KSP version 1.9.1. When using a planet pack with Kopernicus (this issue has happened on both Beyond Home and Galileo's Planet Pack), I cannot transmit science data. I have a valid comm link to the KSC on the home planet, I have electric charge, I have an antenna, and I have flagged the files for transmission. However, in the Kerbalism window, the max transmission speed is always "None" and I cannot transmit data, I can only recover it.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a workaround? If not, is there a way to disable specifically the transmission part of Kerbalism and use the stock transmission instead?

@Ultimate Steve, I take it from your comment that you only have the issue when using Kerbalism with Kopernicus?  What version of Kerbalism/Kopernicus are you using?  My current career is on 1.9.1 with Kerbalism 3.10 and am using Kopernicus with several planet packs (OPM, MPE, and GEP) and I haven't experienced any issues with not being able to transmit.  Is your log showing any errors?

Actually, I think all we need is a .cfg for the new visual scan, correct? Maybe this:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[SCANsatVisual]]:NEEDS[SCANSat,FeatureScience]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault]
{
	@baseValue = 12
	@dataScale = 400
	@dataScale /= #$baseValue$
	KERBALISM_EXPERIMENT
	{
		Situation = InSpaceHigh
	}
}

I think there is an issue with KSP 1.11.1:

[EXC 13:38:12.589] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI () (at <e418deadff324a4a92c68478f3c43f5c>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I discovered a pretty annoying bug regarding Engine Plate Shrouds and Engine Shrouds in general. whenever i put a Command Pod on top of the rocket the shroud bugs out and doesnt really sticks to its place.  im pretty sure Kerbalism is causing the probem since i spend 1 hour to rule every mod out to be sure. 

heres a gallery of photos where the problem is seen: 
https://imgur.com/a/m23XRyl

i dont know where to upload the KSP.log file but ill will provide it for sure if its needed

1 hour ago, H0FF1 said:

I discovered a pretty annoying bug regarding Engine Plate Shrouds and Engine Shrouds in general. whenever i put a Command Pod on top of the rocket the shroud bugs out and doesnt really sticks to its place.  im pretty sure Kerbalism is causing the probem since i spend 1 hour to rule every mod out to be sure. 

heres a gallery of photos where the problem is seen: 
https://imgur.com/a/m23XRyl

i dont know where to upload the KSP.log file but ill will provide it for sure if its needed

I have this problem too with engine-plates from Near Future but didn`t thought that it is kerbalism. Are you sure? I mean, which part of kerbalism can do this?

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I have this problem too with engine-plates from Near Future but didn`t thought that it is kerbalism. Are you sure? I mean, which part of kerbalism can do this?

i have no idea how it works. but i spend 1 hour to literally rule every other mod out. only when kerbalism is installed the problem appears. 

small science nitpick:

upon reaching Pol, my geiger counter gave the science report:

It seems that Pol contains a large amount of radioactive hydrogen and helium isotopes, deposited by jool over thousands of years

that's impossible.

helium has 9 known isotopes. two (helium 3 and 4) are stable and not radioactive. the others are radioactive, but all have half-lives of less than one second, so they cannot accumulate. in fact, assuming jool produces them, they would decay well before even reaching the moon.

as for hydrogen, there is deuterium, which is stable, and tritium, which has a half life of 13 years. small amounts of tritium are indeed formed by cosmic rays, but they do not accumulate over thousands of years, because tritium lasts only a few decades. heavier hydrogen isotopes have half lives on the order of nanoseconds.

so, there are no radioactive hydrogen and helium isotopes that could be accumulated at pol.

I would suggest changing "radioactive" with "rare"; this way, it could refer to helium 3 and deuterium, which could both be produced by cosmic rays at jool magnetosphere

My Solar Panels on my Satellites always break after fairing deploy. it seems like the SLIGHTEST touch of the fairing against the Solar Panel breaks it. Its really annoying. Is this on purpose? it seems like a bug to be honest.

also in the "Failures" tab the solar panels are shown green. but when i click on them they're "broken". 

Any way to fix this?

18 hours ago, H0FF1 said:

My Solar Panels on my Satellites always break after fairing deploy. it seems like the SLIGHTEST touch of the fairing against the Solar Panel breaks it. Its really annoying. Is this on purpose? it seems like a bug to be honest.

also in the "Failures" tab the solar panels are shown green. but when i click on them they're "broken". 

Any way to fix this?

That's not really Kerbalism fault.

2 hours ago, Ollz said:

So No Sustainable Crewed Stations?

Depends how you define "sustainable" I suppose... If you're in orbit of a body that can provide all of the resources you need, then mods such as Rational Resources provide propulsion options that use Nitrogen, CO2, Ammonia, etc as reaction mass, so in Kerbalism the only thing you're technically consuming is engine reliability which can be repaired by your crew. Critical failures (engine explodes during use) will require replacements from Kerbin, however.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, Ollz said:

So No Sustainable Crewed Stations?
(Also I Tried to Edit the first Post and add the Quote, but accidentally made a new post. Sorry! :))

Currently you can replenish all the resources, but there will be a problem with food, as greenhouses are terrible, and you would need tons of them to support a couple of kerbals.
But you could just ship 10 years worth of food and forget about it for some time.