[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i also had problems there, i think it's a bug and you should not try to inflate abitats until they fix it.

I can do it, just not on atmosphere. Once in space, the habitats inflate.

Im planning to add some of the Near Future Technologies (mainly, near future propultion and near future electrical), however I read that compatibility with kerbalism is very tricky. Does anybody knows if the latest version of kerbalism works with the latest version of those 2 mods?

I just noticed, there are  no longer small blue dots over the satellite link moving to Kerbin indicating there is science been transmitted. When was that removed? I remember having then way back in ksp 1.3.

Edited by SiCaRiO31

2 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I just noticed, there are  no longer small blue dots over the satellite link moving to Kerbin indicating there is science been transmitted. When was that removed? I remember having then way back in ksp 1.3.

So long ago I don't even remember.

Hey, currently having an issue with kerbalism, it seems to have a conflict with b9partswitch 
This is the error im getting.  I have the most recent version. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Update: My CRP was wildly outdated, and updating fixed my problem
Vlsz22p.png

Edited by InfernalComplex

• 2 weeks later...

1. In your experience what is a balanced Resource Abundance slider setting for hard but not frustrating Kerbalism save ?

I know this is a matter of preference and I don't mind a challenge and Kerbalism is difficult to complete a supply chain without the need of routine resupply missions. I have not had much experience with setting up long term habatation is why I ask. On my current Kerbalism save I have the Resource Abundance slider set to 60% 

2. I would also like  to know how you have your  Radiation settings. I currently am using the default Hard settings. Again I know this is matter of preference but would like to know how the seasoned Kerbalism players set it up.

Thanks for any feedback, and Thanks to the developers of this outstanding mod.

conveniently Rocket88 is already asking about setting so while we're here, under the comfort/stress options, there are the stress factors. does a higher value make any given factor more or less important? i'm guessing a higher factor means a thing is more important but i haven't found anywhere that says for sure

On 5/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, Rocket88 said:

1. In your experience what is a balanced Resource Abundance slider setting for hard but not frustrating Kerbalism save ?

I know this is a matter of preference and I don't mind a challenge and Kerbalism is difficult to complete a supply chain without the need of routine resupply missions. I have not had much experience with setting up long term habatation is why I ask. On my current Kerbalism save I have the Resource Abundance slider set to 60% 

2. I would also like  to know how you have your  Radiation settings. I currently am using the default Hard settings. Again I know this is matter of preference but would like to know how the seasoned Kerbalism players set it up.

Thanks for any feedback, and Thanks to the developers of this outstanding mod.

there is no unique answer, because it depends on what you find challenging but not frustrating. most people would find kerbalism itself frustrating in the first place.

that said, i'd stay at 100%, because finding some resources is damn hard. nitrogen and water are extremely rare, in many planets you don't find them at all, in other planets you only find them in a few biomes.

for a self-sustained base, you need water, nitrogen, and ore, all in the same place. in the whole inner system, there are only two places where this can even happen: mun and duna. the are the only inner bodies with some nitrogen, and they only have water in a very few handful of biomes. with abundance at 60%, tose few biomes may have no ore. or no nitrogen.

it would be very frustrating to not have ay single biome suitable for habitation, anywhere.

6 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

there is no unique answer, because it depends on what you find challenging but not frustrating. most people would find kerbalism itself frustrating in the first place.

that said, i'd stay at 100%, because finding some resources is damn hard. nitrogen and water are extremely rare, in many planets you don't find them at all, in other planets you only find them in a few biomes.

for a self-sustained base, you need water, nitrogen, and ore, all in the same place. in the whole inner system, there are only two places where this can even happen: mun and duna. the are the only inner bodies with some nitrogen, and they only have water in a very few handful of biomes. with abundance at 60%, tose few biomes may have no ore. or no nitrogen.

it would be very frustrating to not have ay single biome suitable for habitation, anywhere.

Thank you for the feedback, I was not very far along in the save so I will restart with 100% abundance settings. This is my first save to actually attempt long habitation stays so that will help me out.

Does anyone know if Rational Resources helps with Kerbalism  supply chain? or does it overcomplicate the game.  

5 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

Do kerbalism fuel cells dont use Liquid fuel for power? I just unlocked them (using Kiwi's tech tree) and cant find a way to make them work. I have no access yet to presurised tanks.

Hydrogen and monprop only. Using Kiwi Tech Tree, Flight Control (30) will give you earlier access to monoprop tank. The pressurized tanks are in Storage Tech(85) down the Service Module(30) branch. Make sure to dump the water in The Fuel cell settings if you don't have a empty tank to fill.

6 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

Do kerbalism fuel cells dont use Liquid fuel for power? I just unlocked them (using Kiwi's tech tree) and cant find a way to make them work. I have no access yet to presurised tanks.

impossible. you get pressurized tanks from the very start.

you need pressurized tanks of hydrogen and oxygen (unless you are using a oxygen-monopropellant fuel cell, but those are less efficient). if you right click on the part in the editor, it will tell you exactly what you need, and that's hydrogen and oxygen

I have built a mobile miner/lab and sent it to the mun, it is mining ore and converting it to liqfuel+oxidizer with a micro ISRU. I'm then using that liqfuel+oxi on another ISRU  to generete electric charge. Everytime I fast foward the fuel cell ISRU stops working and I lose Ec. But the other ISRU keeps on producing fuel+oxi until the tanks are full. If I fast foward on the tracking station the batteries never get depleted for some reason

the ISRU say ''module deployed:false'', I dont know what that means

note:Im using dynamic battery storage

The drills are working but are not storing ore on the tanks. they were before after I restarted the game. But the ISRU is producing liqfule+oxi somehow. I tried to uncheck the ''resource transfer obeys transfer rules''. I have 7% ore concentration on the location so It shoud mine

my nitrogen Is depleted after 30days, the VAB projection said It would last for years. I have scrubber working

I have a chemical plant set on molten regolith, but its not producing shielding cause no ore probably. I have a sickbay trying to cure a engineer but he is getting worse  probably because there is no shielding, still I dont know if the sickbay is working

the good thing is that the lab is working fine and I'm doing good science from it

my idea was to make a mobile base to do science and mine ore to produce fuel for the fuel cell (mun nights are long, don't want to use isotope generator cause of the radiation) and then put the science in small rocket shuttles refuel them with fuel from the mobile base, and send them back to kerbin to retrieve the science (i'm using M.O.L.E so lots of experiments to make, but they take a long time and resources) but this is making me give up, pls help me solve or workaround this problems cause I really like kerbalism and MOLE

https://ibb.co/Jctmtxq

https://ibb.co/r7Rv0DF

*edit: went to kerbalism discord and found great help there. turns out the problem was with MOLE and  WBI. these mods have ways to make the game easier with ''cheaty'' parts.  for example the ISRU converting ore directly to fuel... nuclear generators that dont produce radiation, orbital labs in kerbin that produce 1000science in a few days. I deleted all those mods and dependencies and now my game loads way faster. 

Edited by dani320
problems solved

How can I disable ignitions and edit burn times on certain types of engines that shouldn't have them? I couldn't find a clear answer in the documentation and for some reason I have no kerbalism.cfg file.

It seems my problem is mostly with how Kerbalism arbitrarily assigns burn time/ignitions to things (mod engines) but doesn't recognize that they're electric or nuclear.

What does the nitrogen do in EVAs? My MK1 command pod has no nitrogen, so kerbalism tells me that it cant do EVAs (im asuming because it depressurizes the cabin and cant pressurize it again), howevery I did 2 EVAs and didnt loose any cabin pressure. Is this working as intended?

EDIT: also, my pod does not have a Pressure controler

Edited by SiCaRiO31

2 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

What does the nitrogen do in EVAs? My MK1 command pod has no nitrogen, so kerbalism tells me that it cant do EVAs (im asuming because it depressurizes the cabin and cant pressurize it again), howevery I did 2 EVAs and didnt loose any cabin pressure. Is this working as intended?

EDIT: also, my pod does not have a Pressure controler

The mk1 pod is not pressurized, so it will not lose atmosphere when you EVA. Other pods will.

I'm having an issue with this mod, I put radiation shielding on my ships in the VAB, but once I get out to the launchpad the radiation shielding is gone. Resource toolbar says it was there but everything is depleted.

It's not happening on all ships and parts, mostly on M.O.L.E. habs and stations parts.

v3.13 of kerbalism

v1.26 of MOLE

latest game version

Anyone else had this issue?

(nitrogen leak is also occurring for me too)

21 hours ago, lordcirth said:

The mk1 pod is not pressurized, so it will not lose atmosphere when you EVA. Other pods will.

Ah! I was confused by the pressure readings I had on the kerbalism windows. I guess thats the readings of the pressure inside the suit. If that the case, the confort on that capsule surely are abysmal and not suited for long period missions :P. I was planning to make the 30 days in space contract with that pod but I guess better wait a little until I have a bigger pod .

6 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

Ah! I was confused by the pressure readings I had on the kerbalism windows. I guess thats the readings of the pressure inside the suit. If that the case, the confort on that capsule surely are abysmal and not suited for long period missions :P. I was planning to make the 30 days in space contract with that pod but I guess better wait a little until I have a bigger pod .

Yes, you need a pressurized pod to safely do the 30 day contract. You can see the comfort / projected stress in the VAB, in the Kerbalism tab.

Hi @Sir Mortimer:

First, I'd like to thank you (and all those, who put their works into this), as I very much enjoy Kerbalism, but I'm a "sissy", so I prefer to use the "KerbalismScienceOnly" config.

I'm playing on the latest KSP release (v1.11.2.3077 Windowsplayer X64) and of course your mod on its newest version, too (well, whatever CKAN thinks, that is).

With this, I struggled a while going to EVA, as everytime my brave kerbanauts left their ship the "KERBALISM_CallBackMsg_EvaNoMP"-Messages ("There isn't any monoPropellant in the EVA suit.") kept popping up.

You've managed this "bug" with v3.13 (see: github commit 90997ea on 18 Dec 2020) in the EVA.cfg by patching the ressource "EVA propellant" - BUT, in this was somehow not the case in the KerbalismScienceOnly-config (see: github a11423f).

Hence, I "patched" it for myself, by simply copy-pasting the lines for the evaJetpack and evaCylinder into the "...KerbalismScienceOnly\System\EVA\EVA.cfg".

BTW. As the KIS-part "EVA-11 Fuel Canister" [KIS_evapropellant} also refers to the ressource "EVA propellant" (similar to Squad's evaCylinder), it needs a supporting patch, too (see spoiler below).

Spoiler

// Patch the KIS "EVA-11 Fuel Canister" inventory item with MP
@PART[KIS_evapropellant]:FOR[KerbalismDefault]
{
  @RESOURCE[EVA?Propellant]
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
  }
}

Edited by Cookie0815
typo

On 5/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, SiCaRiO31 said:

Are the scansat experiments compatible with kerbalism? they seem to generate data instantly and not over time like all the other experiments.

With the current version's standard KerbalConfig there are some (i don't know if all) DMagic Orbital Science experiments supported (see config-file on github: latest commit ed6ad81 on 13 Aug 2020):

As commented in above linked config-file some experiments need to stay in vanilla (i.e. stock) behavior...

Restored some experiments to their vanilla module and behavior :
- ASERT (asteroid experiment with some specific gameplay requirements)
- Anomalous Signal Sensor (special feature : find anomalies)
- ExoKerbol Core Drill (surface sample)
- Surface Ablation Laser Light Imager (surface + asteroid data)
- Seismic Sensor Pod / Impact Hammer (surface experiment with specific features)
- XRD Surface Analyzer (surface + asteroid data)
Rationale : those experiments either have specific constraints or features, and most of them make sense as a instant experiments.

or have been altered...

For the patched experiments, major changes compared to previous support :
- Removed all configurable DMOS experiments that were on the stock scanner
- the Magnetometer and RPWS antenna now use the custom radiation biomes
- the Solar Particle Collector is a sample again, with a much higher science value than before
- Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons surface experiment now require to be moving over the surface (so rover only)
- The SIGINT and RECON experiments will generate their vanilla north/sud hemisphere subjects

Summarized, supported with Kerbalism (some with stock/ vanilla behavior) are the following DMagic experiments (fore details see the config-file):

"Probe science":

• Asteroid Sounding Experiment by Radiowave Transmission
  • Global Orbital Radiance Experiment Satellite (GORESat)
  • Multi-Spectral Imaging Platform
  • Magnetometer Boom
  • RPWS Antenna
  • Orbital Telescope
  • Soil Moisture Sensor
  • Solar Particle Collector

"Rover science"

• Anomalous Signal Sensor
  • Submersible Oceanography and Bathymetry
  • ExoKerbol Core Drill
  • Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons
  • Surface Ablation Laser Light Imager
  • Micro Goo Containment Pod (can be used also on probes)
  • SC-901 Science Micro
  • Seismic Sensor Pod
  • XRD Surface Analyzer

"OversizeScience"

• Little Brother / Big Brother Surveillance Camera
  • Undersize/Oversize Signals Intelligence Satellite

Hey, my Kerbal EVA jetpacks weren't working after installing Kerbalism and KerbalismSIMPLEX, the mod says they're out of monopropellant. How do I fix this? Is there any way of either 1. resupplying the Kerbals' monopropellant or 2. changing something in the config so that the EVA jetpacks use EVA propellant instead of Monopropellant and work again?
Edit: Ok a guy above pointed out how to do it for default Kerbalism, but for Kerbalism Simplex I managed to fix it by just deleting the entire section relating to EVA monopropellant in GameData/KerbalismSimplex/System/Misc.cfg, if anyone else has the same problem

Edited by Geryz