[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Apologies if this has already been answered, I have tried a few forums and videos but can't find my answer.

I am getting my nice kerbal messages when my science is transmitted e.g. "You take temp readings at kerbal shores...just the right temperature to go for a swim"...but when i recover my vessels with science on board i get the science but no nice little messages.  Am i doing something wrong or is this just part of the config?

On 7/3/2021 at 11:01 PM, jebalicious said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, I have tried a few forums and videos but can't find my answer.

I am getting my nice kerbal messages when my science is transmitted e.g. "You take temp readings at kerbal shores...just the right temperature to go for a swim"...but when i recover my vessels with science on board i get the science but no nice little messages.  Am i doing something wrong or is this just part of the config?

I’m pretty sure the messages only appear when the data is fully transmitted, not when it’s recovered. I think there’s a way to view the results for each experiment (including the blurb) using the Kerbalism experiment tracker button on the toolbar though?

On 7/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, Dr. Jaker said:

Help with the problem, the arrows are not active in this window, I can't change the tab, I can't see how long my kerbals will have enough resources to survive.

unknown.png

Try clearing input locks? Alt+F12 brings up the cheat menu, find the input locks tab and clear them; alternatively the ClickThroughBlocker mod adds a button to the toolbar to do the same thing. Occasionally, Kerbalism trips itself up and the windows/menus stop working, you’ll need to restart the game if that happens.

5 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Try clearing input locks? Alt+F12 brings up the cheat menu, find the input locks tab and clear them; alternatively the ClickThroughBlocker mod adds a button to the toolbar to do the same thing. Occasionally, Kerbalism trips itself up and the windows/menus stop working, you’ll need to restart the game if that happens.

I tried, but it didn't help.
But my console is full of error messages: "Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
The client is stock.

Edited by Dr. Jaker

I've been having some weirdness with the outer belt on gas giants. It seems to extend all the way down to the surface instead of being a belt, making objects like Vall nearly impossible to visit. I dont remember it doing this in the past. Went through gamedata and it still acts weird even with no planet mods installed.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, jebalicious said:

@Sir MortimerCan you weigh in on this one?

with my liking for huge motherships and long missions, i am spending a lot of time inspecting parts and servicing them. when it takes hours, it gets boring.

so i've been looking for ways to simulate the same effect by editing the savegame file. I found the following strings

MODULE
                {
                    name = Reliability
                    isEnabled = True
                    type = ModuleReactionWheel
                    broken = False
                    critical = False
                    quality = False
                    last = 92410690.70452565
                    next = 144636483.92921096
                    last_inspection = 92410690.684525654
                    needMaintenance = False
                    enforce_breakdown = False
                    running = False
                    operation_duration = 0
                    fail_duration = 0
                    ignitions = 0
                    stagingEnabled = True

now, as i do not want to get unfair advantages, but merely to simulate the action of an engineer servicing the part, i can't figure out how to do it.

there seems to be no indicator of whether an engineer inspecting the part would find it in need of servicing. "needmaintenance" is always false, unless your engineer already inspected the part. And after inspection, the value of last_inspection and next get upgraded. I suppose "next" will mean the next breakdown, and parts already have a preset duration determined randomly when they are launched. and after an engineer services it, they get a new one, again determined at a random time in the future.

In that case, it would seem my hope of simulating the process by editing the file would be hopeless. But I'm asking in case someone knows the code better.

also, what does radiation damage actually do to the part?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 7/7/2021 at 1:43 AM, Kepler68 said:

I've been having some weirdness with the outer belt on gas giants. It seems to extend all the way down to the surface instead of being a belt, making objects like Vall nearly impossible to visit. I dont remember it doing this in the past. Went through gamedata and it still acts weird even with no planet mods installed.

it's always done that in my experience. vall is indeed difficult to visit with a crew, you have to send a ship on a fast trajectory, land fast, stay there for a limited time, and get away fast.

i assume it's intentional.

Edited by king of nowhere

Hey guys, having trouble with this mod. I believe I have installed everything correctly (1.12) with all the dependencies but the mod won't load into the game (like none of the features) but I can see the modded flags so the game is clearly reading something...

Any idea?

Hi there,

I am having annoying issue when I go to x10000 time compression and more. I always drop from that to a lower value as I get error message saying that _FuelCell has incoherent behavior at high warp and it has to drop it. You know how many times I get spammed by this and dropped out of warp on the way to Minmus....

On 7/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, seaces said:

Hi there,

I am having annoying issue when I go to x10000 time compression and more. I always drop from that to a lower value as I get error message saying that _FuelCell has incoherent behavior at high warp and it has to drop it. You know how many times I get spammed by this and dropped out of warp on the way to Minmus....

some chemical processes cause that. personally, i discovered that I can go just fine at x100000 warp, as long as i don't require any change from the game. trying to set up automated actions, like "stop this process when the ship is in sunlight", will cause the incoherent behavior message. but with nothing set on actions, it works just fine.

if you did not set actions, then i have no idea.

Are rescue Kerbals supposed to have no Jetpack?

I'm trying to rescue one with a probe cored rocket. He has no pack though. His vessel has mono prop on board, he has a parachute.

I managed to get the rocket to bump into him but unfortunately he still wasn't able to grab on. Now he is spinning away slowly and my rockets engine has died from too many ignitions trying to manouvre onto him.

Seems unnecessarily hard to capture a Kerbal if this is intended.

edit: Oh I see Jetpack is further into the tech tree. Guess that's why this guy doesn't have one. Taking a rep hit on this death I suppose.

Edited by uglyduckling81

Having this issue where all my satellites think they're disconnected if I am not presently controlling them. I was having this issue a little bit before with Near Future Electrics, so I started including stock electric generators on top of the nuclear reactors like everything I use needs, which fixed the issue until now.

Now, possibly because of the 1.2 update? Every single satellite and probe I have cannot connect if I'm not controlling it. And if I am they're like barely transmitting any data at all even at very close range with good relays (88-88's to boosted RA-100's from just minmus.) like at .1b a second. They recognize the other relays and will bounce from them but the throughput seems absurdly low compared to before 1.2.

Either way I basically cannot get science unless I babysit a satellite for hundreds of in game years.

I'll happily grab whatever logs you might need but I don't really know which ones or where...

Actually, no, mainly because of this statement :

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

I personally hate having to work with the player.log file, and the statement that it doesn't provide the correct information isn't true anymore since several years.

Anyway, I made a bug reporting plugin a while ago that actually provide everything to debug an issue and doesn't require the user to find various files everywhere :

13 hours ago, Tacombel said:

@Aryeonos

I did most of that already before posting here, I don't think that will really help but if it does,

I have my player log (it's half a gigabyte?) https://litter.catbox.moe/ab2lbn.log

Otherwise

12 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

Actually, no, mainly because of this statement :

I personally hate having to work with the player.log file, and the statement that it doesn't provide the correct information isn't true anymore since several years.

Anyway, I made a bug reporting plugin a while ago that actually provide everything to debug an issue and doesn't require the user to find various files everywhere :

this, gives me this, https://oshi.at/BGLCuL/KSPBugReport_2021-07-25_163144.zip

I hope any of that helps because I'm at a loss. According to CKAN everything is up to date, the only conflict I have doesn't appear to do anything and that's mech jeb saying it's not compatible with this version even though it seems to work fine as always.

Hi, I don't know what I might be doing wrong but I can't transmit data back to ksc. I have a communotron 16, it's extended, I have power and supposedly connected to DSN (on the stock connection part of the ui it says that I can transmit science), but no science gets transmitted. What's the issue here? It's the wrong type of antenna or something?

hMRN29Kl.jpg

hMRN29Kl.jpg

Also, now that I notice it, does Kerbalism remove the different biomes of ksc?

Edited by Jofe

3 hours ago, Jofe said:

Hi, I don't know what I might be doing wrong but I can't transmit data back to ksc. I have a communotron 16, it's extended, I have power and supposedly connected to DSN (on the stock connection part of the ui it says that I can transmit science), but no science gets transmitted. What's the issue here? It's the wrong type of antenna or something?

hMRN29Kl.jpg

hMRN29Kl.jpg

I'm running into the same issue if you look up. Maybe try Gotmachine's debug thingy and upload your log to see if we're getting a common error? When I was running through it all the last errors in the log were complex errors regarding Kerbalism.

20 hours ago, Aryeonos said:

I have my player log (it's half a gigabyte?) https://litter.catbox.moe/ab2lbn.log

You can see why I don't want it ;)

Anyway, this is your problem : https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/748

This will be fixed in next release. In the meantime, the only workaround is to not activate any asteroid / comet drill on unloaded vessels,  sorry for that.

19 hours ago, Jofe said:

That doesn't seem normal. Maybe an interaction with another mod, please send a bug report

19 hours ago, Jofe said:

Yes

Edited by Gotmachine

2 hours ago, Notzam said:

hey really cool mod but I was wondering, when are u gonna release the updated version for 1.12?

I was able to download the tantares mod but no others and manny of the parts are super glitched:(

pls update

I am using it in KSP 1.12.1 without problem.