[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Just now, obnox twin said:

I will do some testing quickly but I had it installed in 1.12.2 version and it worked fine as it could be a false error but I'll do some testing

It works fine for me as well after copying the 0Harmony.dll to packages/Lib.Harmony.2.0.4/lib/net45/0Harmony.dll. Just wondered why I need to copy it there instead of simply configuring a path in BuildSystem/UserConfigDevEnv.xml. And I'm new enough to C# and KSP modding that I thought I'd ask first before changing it and submitting a pull request...

11 minutes ago, RKunze said:

Of Kerbalism? Current git master (commit #1d6c68e090d). But according to "git blame", that particular reference has been in src/Kerbalism/Kerbalism.csproj for almost a year now (since commit #56b152e45 from 2021-03-17).

Is there other mods you have installed?

Did saw the other comments did a quick test with a fresh install it was all fine most likely. the 000_Harmony needs to be in the gamedata folder but from what I've read you managed to fix it as I did had the same error before kerbalism was updated to 1.12.x. But just keep an eye on it for now I need to do a Kerbalism save soon.

Just now, obnox twin said:

Did saw the other comments did a quick test with a fresh install it was all fine most likely. the 000_Harmony needs to be in the gamedata folder but from what I've read you managed to fix it as I did had the same error before kerbalism was updated to 1.12.x. But just keep an eye on it for now I need to do a Kerbalism save soon.

I'm not quite sure we are talking about the same thing here. My problem is not using Kerbalism (that works fine), but compiling it.

That fails if I don't copy 0Harmony.dll out of my GameData folder to the path packages/Lib.Harmony.2.0.4/lib/net45/0Harmony.dll within the Kerbalism source folder.  And I just wondered why the build system for Kerbalism is set up to expect 0Harmony.dll at that particular path instead of having that path configurable and pointing to GameData/000_Harmony by default....

10 minutes ago, RKunze said:

I'm not quite sure we are talking about the same thing here. My problem is not using Kerbalism (that works fine), but compiling it.

That fails if I don't copy 0Harmony.dll out of my GameData folder to the path packages/Lib.Harmony.2.0.4/lib/net45/0Harmony.dll within the Kerbalism source folder.  And I just wondered why the build system for Kerbalism is set up to expect 0Harmony.dll at that particular path instead of having that path configurable and pointing to GameData/000_Harmony by default....

Hmmm werid but try reinstalling Kerbalism and its dependencies as it might be able to fix it.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, RKunze said:

Just reliazed is that you want to install Harmony because that fix that for me. So install Harmony as it could fix it.

RKunze is not trying to play the game and run the mod he is trying to build it from it's source code... it's a dev/mod maker thing.

@RKunze , in Visual Studio, Nuget fetches the packages for me automatically if I follow the build system docs on github...  are you possibly building with something other than VS?

Edited by R-T-B

14 hours ago, R-T-B said:

in Visual Studio, Nuget fetches the packages for me automatically if I follow the build system docs on github.

@R-T-BAh, there's a package manager involved. Thanks - I knew I've been missing something (still pretty new to C# and .NET, although I do software development for a living and have been doing that for almost 30 years now).

14 hours ago, R-T-B said:

are you possibly building with something other than VS?

Yes - I'm building on Linux (so no VS, only VS Code as an editor) and have just been calling msbuild directly as per the instructions. Might be worth mentioning the dependency on nuget for the next noob like me...

Just now, RKunze said:

@R-T-BAh, there's a package manager involved. Thanks - I knew I've been missing something (still pretty new to C# and .NET, although I do software development for a living and have been doing that for almost 30 years now).

Yes - I'm building on Linux (so no VS, only VS Code as an editor) and have just been calling msbuild directly as per the instructions. Might be worth mentioning the dependency on nuget for the next noob like me...

Then there's the answer.  Yes, it probably should be mentioned for more barebones build setups like yours.

37 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Yes, it probably should be mentioned for more barebones build setups like yours.

I'll probably do a pull request to that effect.

In the mean time, for anyone else trying to build Kerbalism from source without an IDE and stumbling on a missing 0Harmony.dll:

1. install NuGet (if you are on Linux, it may be packaged by your distribution - on Arch Linux, it definitely is) and
  2. run the command nuget restore to download the library

Thank you for this mod!

I have one small problem where samples processed in a lab are not automatically flagged for transmission, thus filling my HDDs and forcing me to manually flag it. Is this by design, or am I being dense? I'm still experimenting with the mod and learning so I'm thinking it's something I'm not doing correctly.

I searched the forums and someone else asked the same thing awhile back but no answers - maybe I'll have better luck :)

28 minutes ago, nx01 said:

Thank you for this mod!

I have one small problem where samples processed in a lab are not automatically flagged for transmission, thus filling my HDDs and forcing me to manually flag it. Is this by design, or am I being dense? I'm still experimenting with the mod and learning so I'm thinking it's something I'm not doing correctly.

I searched the forums and someone else asked the same thing awhile back but no answers - maybe I'll have better luck :)

sometimes it does that. not sure why. but in my experience, the game generally transmit everything if you just give it time, whether it is authomatically flagged or not.

either way, you can just manuallu flag it, so it's not a big problem

2 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

sometimes it does that. not sure why. but in my experience, the game generally transmit everything if you just give it time, whether it is authomatically flagged or not.

either way, you can just manuallu flag it, so it's not a big problem

Cool, appreciate the reply. Just making sure I wasn't doing something (too) stupid.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, tinyspy44 said:

How do I stuff more life support resources aboard a craft? I'm wanting to recreate Soyuz 9 with an 18 day mission but the Tantares Soyuz alone doesn't hold enough for that let alone with only 2 crew members.

You can stick a supply container (food/water) between the pod and chute. For more than that, or O2, you probably need a service bay. Universal Storage II is also great for this, but isn't updated for 1.12 quite yet. I've also stuck O2 tanks beside the engines, inside the fairing.

Edited by lordcirth

51 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

You can stick a supply container (food/water) between the pod and chute. For more than that, or O2, you probably need a service bay. Universal Storage II is also great for this, but isn't updated for 1.12 quite yet. I've also stuck O2 tanks beside the engines, inside the fairing.

I’m using Universal Storage II in a 1.12.3 Kerbalism game without any issue so far. Furthermore, linuxgurugamer released a new version a few days ago, so it should be pretty much usable. Not sure if its compatibility list has been updated on CKAN however

1 hour ago, hmmmm said:

The 5m SSPXr rotating ring isn't working, am I doing something wrong?

It's not updated yet to support new SSPXr parts. In the meantime, you can download SSPX.cfg from this GitHub pull request (warning, I didn't test it) and replace it in your GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/ folder: https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/770/files

16 hours ago, leonardfactory said:

It's not updated yet to support new SSPXr parts. In the meantime, you can download SSPX.cfg from this GitHub pull request (warning, I didn't test it) and replace it in your GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/ folder: https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/770/files

Thank you. I am also have a problem where all the ring parts in SSPXr are stuck at Inflating.....0.00%

Is there a way to make experiments not take so long? I understand some more indepth gravitational studies taking months to years to complete, but a thermometer reading taking, like, 10 minutes, is ridiculous, frankly. When you're sending your first suborbital rockets, you might not even be in space for 10 minutes

7 hours ago, hmmmm said:

Thank you. I am also have a problem where all the ring parts in SSPXr are stuck at Inflating.....0.00%

Not sure about it, I've seen different issues opened about the topic: 

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/598
https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/766

Maybe you can find there more suggestions.

1 hour ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

Is there a way to make experiments not take so long? I understand some more indepth gravitational studies taking months to years to complete, but a thermometer reading taking, like, 10 minutes, is ridiculous, frankly. When you're sending your first suborbital rockets, you might not even be in space for 10 minutes

I get the impression it’s to not just get one datum, but to get a range of slightly fluctuating  temperatures with changing atmospheric pressure, solar irradiance, etc. Not to mention weeding out noise.

All that considered, 10 minutes is fair. Also gives you a reason to improve and re-launch your sounding rockets.