[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

On 3/20/2022 at 12:26 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Any word on an official compatibility patch for SSPXR as the new parts are still not compatible? Still dont want to play with kerbalism if those parts are not going to work (with the telescope not even having any science experiments)

Download the SSPX.cfg from the pull request on github,:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/770/commits/23b88e9cc387889687e026f23bd7bdcd09e890c0

the geiger counter is from this mod? because I don't know how to use it. The same thing happens to me with a blue square that seems electronic that they give at the beginning of the game.
also the description says that now science takes time to realize. Does this apply to vanilla science gadgets? because until now they were all done automatically.

Edited by jaunco325

17 minutes ago, jaunco325 said:

the geiger counter is from this mod? because I don't know how to use it. The same thing happens to me with a blue square that seems electronic that they give at the beginning of the game.
also the description says that now science takes time to realize. Does this apply to vanilla science gadgets? because until now they were all done automatically.

Stock science experiments are all replaced with Kerbalism experiments, which take time. For the geiger counter, or any science part, just enable it in the right-click menu; if there's science to do, it will say "running", otherwise "waiting". 

11 minutes ago, jaunco325 said:

because they continue to be carried out automatically and the same as always. and there is no context menu in the geiger counter

I am not sure what you mean by "automatically". Perhaps Kerbalism is not installed correctly. Did you install it manually or with CKAN?

Since I don't know what kerbalism should look like, it's hard to explain. but I did crew, EVA, temperature and mystery concoction reports and they all looked and performed exactly the same as the vanilla game. I don't know if I have to change something.
install it manually. with the link mentioned above

3 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

Since I don't know what kerbalism should look like, it's hard to explain. but I did crew, EVA, temperature and mystery concoction reports and they all looked and performed exactly the same as the vanilla game. I don't know if I have to change something.
install it manually. with the link mentioned above

Then you probably forgot to install ModuleManager and/or Community Resource Pack.

Edited by lordcirth

000_Harmony
ComunityResourcePack-Master
ModuleManager.4.2.1
KerbalismConfig

I have all.
a detail in the hangar to build ships. I have a section for life support parts. (this mod must have added it, because it was not there before and I don't have any other life support mods). but it's empty, I don't know if it's normal that when you start the game you don't have a single piece of life support. which makes me think that the mod is working halfway.

1 minute ago, jaunco325 said:

000_Harmony
ComunityResourcePack-Master
ModuleManager.4.2.1
KerbalismConfig

I have all.
a detail in the hangar to build ships. I have a section for life support parts. (this mod must have added it, because it was not there before and I don't have any other life support mods). but it's empty, I don't know if it's normal that when you start the game you don't have a single piece of life support. which makes me think that the mod is working halfway.

CommunityResourcePack-Master? That doesn't sound right. Is there a GameData directory inside that? You need GameData/CommunityResourcePack to be in your GameData.

you are right, inside that folder there is another folder and inside that other folder is the GameData folder that you mention (how complicated people are sometimes). Tomorrow I'll try that, and if it doesn't work I'll come back here. Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, jaunco325 said:

I'm not a kerbalism expert by any means (I don't use it), but from your log file, it kind of looks like it isn't installed properly.  These lines from the log tell me that:

[KerbalismBootstrap] WARNING : Can't find 'C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Kerbalism112.kbin' defined in VersionConfig.xml 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[KerbalismBootstrap] WARNING : Can't find 'C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Kerbalism111.kbin' defined in VersionConfig.xml 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[KerbalismBootstrap] WARNING : Can't find 'C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Kerbalism110.kbin' defined in VersionConfig.xml 

[KerbalismBootstrap] WARNING : Can't find 'C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Kerbalism18.kbin' defined in VersionConfig.xml 

[KerbalismBootstrap] ERROR : No *.kbin file available for KSP 1.12.3 - Kerbalism wasn't loaded. Check the supported versions in VersionConfig.xml 

There are other errors further down which also indicate that.

So how did you install it?

On 3/12/2022 at 10:21 AM, king of nowhere said:

I'm trying to install kerbalism+rss, i got this error message

J1RYaig.png

this is the list of mods i installed. there's not much besides kerbalism, rss, and their respective dependencies

Hkj99ls.png

any suggestion?

They had previously mentioned this error.

On 3/12/2022 at 7:40 PM, Gotmachine said:

The up-to-date "kerbalism page" is here.

This forum thread op is unmaintained as SirMortimer hasn't been around in a long time, and I have no intent of opening a new thread myself.

and they mentioned that this was the download, it was what I installed

46 minutes ago, jaunco325 said:

They had previously mentioned this error.

and they mentioned that this was the download, it was what I installed

Did you download both the Kerbalism and KerbalismConfig zip files from the releases page or the source from the "Code" button? Based on the error messages LGG highlights it suggest you got the latter since the code zip won't include those compiled kbin files but they are included in the zip available from the releases page.

51 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Did you download both the Kerbalism and KerbalismConfig zip files from the releases page or the source from the "Code" button? Based on the error messages LGG highlights it suggest you got the latter since the code zip won't include those compiled kbin files but they are included in the zip available from the releases page.

ok it seems that was the problem, it is already solved. Thanks a lot
one last question: this blue square still does nothing, is it from this mod?

https://prnt.sc/INxBMGDtg4Dk

Edited by jaunco325

HELP regarding KERBALISM radiation.

Firstly, I have 100 mods installed, none conflict with Kerbalism - hopefully.

I have lots of errors with the radiation. Its states most of the time #kerbalism radiation failure.

The readings on ground level near KSC on the launchpad is enough to kill my Kerbals.

The readings on a 70k orbit of kerbin is about 13000rad/h which is just short Chernobyl.

And in shade it drops to about half 7000ish

Anyone have a fix for this or know how to turn off radiation ?

Edited by nrum7366

KSP: 1.12.3 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.4.18f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.10.17
Harmony - 2.0.4
KSPBurst - 1.5.5.1
Toolbar - 1.8.0.7
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.6
KSP-Recall - 0.2.2.3
Astrogator - 0.10.3
B9 Part Switch - 2.20
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - 0.43.0.10
Bon Voyage - 1.4
Camera Focus Changer - 1.1.0.2
CameraTools - 1.20
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.2
Chatterer - 0.9.99.2788
Community Category Kit - 5.2
Community Resource Pack - 1.4.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.4.4
Contract Configurator - 1.30.5
CryoEngines - 2.0.6
CryoTanks - 1.6.4
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.22
DeployableEngines - 1.3.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 2.2.5
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.4.3.5
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Redux - 1.11.6.1
FarFutureTechnologies - 1.2
FShangarExtender - 3.6.0.2
HeatControl - 0.6.1
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.2.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 3.29.4
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.7.8
JSIPartUtilities - 0.5.0.5
RasterPropMonitor - 0.31.6
KerbalAtomics - 1.3.3
KerbalChangelog - 1.4.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.9
Kerbal Foundries - 2.4.8.18
Kerbalism - 3.14
Kerbal Reusability Expansion - 2.9.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.9
KSPWheel - 0.16.14.33
MarkIVSystem - 3.2
MOARdV's Avionics Systems - 1.2.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.10
NearFutureAeronautics - 2.1.1
NearFutureConstruction - 1.3.1
NearFutureElectrical - 1.2.3
NearFutureExploration - 1.1.2
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 2.2
NearFutureProps - 0.7.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 1.3.5
NearFutureSolar - 1.3.2
NearFutureSpacecraft - 1.4.3
PatchManager - 0.0.17.3
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.6.14
ProbesBeforeCrew - 2.9.3
Procedural Fairings - 6.2
Procedural Fairings - For Everything! - 0.3
RealAntennas - 2.1.1
RealChute - 1.4.8.3
ReStock - 1.4.3
ReStockPlus - 1.4.3
SCANsat - 1.20.4
Celestial Body Science Editor - 1.0.12
Ship Manifest - 6.0.6
SpaceDust - 0.4.3
ButtonManager - 1.0.1.1
SpaceTuxLibrary - 0.0.8.4
VesselModuleSave - 1.0.1.2
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 2.0.6
Strategia - 1.8
SystemHeat - 0.5.6
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 7.13
ThroughTheEyes - 2.0.3.1
Trajectories - 2.4.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.13
Transfer Window Planner - 1.7.2
TweakScale - 2.4.6.8
TweakScale Companion for ReStockPlus - 1.1
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.8.5
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.29.6
Waterfall - 0.8.1
WaterfallRestock - 0.2.3
Kerbal Actuators - 1.8.4
ZeroMiniAVC - 1.1.2.4

12 hours ago, nrum7366 said:

HELP regarding KERBALISM radiation.

Firstly, I have 100 mods installed, none conflict with Kerbalism - hopefully.

I have lots of errors with the radiation. Its states most of the time #kerbalism radiation failure.

The readings on ground level near KSC on the launchpad is enough to kill my Kerbals.

The readings on a 70k orbit of kerbin is about 13000rad/h which is just short Chernobyl.

And in shade it drops to about half 7000ish

Anyone have a fix for this or know how to turn off radiation ?

it's a bug. i'd guerss that some of your 100 mods are interfering