[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

1 hour ago, Kawaii Astronaut said:

I need help I have installed Kerbalism my spaceplane go messed after I got the mod.  

So I suspect what the problem is here, but could we first get a picture of what's happened to your spaceplane?

If you don't know, you can press F1, then go to your <KSP install directory>/Screenshots.

4 hours ago, Kawaii Astronaut said:

I need help I have installed Kerbalism my spaceplane go messed after I got the mod.  

that's way too little information to offer any help.

what other mods do you have? how, exactly, did it got messed? please post pictures and describe how you got the problem as accurately as possible

I'm mildly miffed. The description of 3.14 on this forum doesn't mention Harmony, whereas the one on SpaceDock for 3.13 does. I had to step on a rake to find out about this dependency...

@Sir Mortimer, I had an idea while reading the link below that maybe a future version of Kerbalism could have advanced tech nodes that incorporated better knowledge of pharma and food sciences that alleviated the physical ills of living and working in space.   It wouldn't have to be super complicated, maybe just a few nodes with "better physiological radiation resistance" and "reduced microgravity detriments".  Something like that.  There could even be failure modes, like side effects of the "cures" in early use perhaps, but mostly kept simplified to avoid the requirement to be a molecular biologist or other PhD to wrestle with it
https://astronomy.com/news/2022/03/genetically-modified-space-grown-lettuce-could-save-astronauts-bones

So I had a few questions.

1) Is 4.0 coming? I remember playing this ages ago, and hearing of a 4.0 in the works. I was surprised to see it isn't out yet as it was supposed to have better mod functionality as well as letting science work better with the stock science stuff. 

2) Does RemoteTech work with this? On the mod compatibility list It says "Supported" then Note: "Not yet" and more sluething online I come across conflicting information, some say yes, some say no.. and no real info for either.. Of why yes, or no, or of it's only certain things..

59 minutes ago, LadyAthena said:

So I had a few questions.

1) Is 4.0 coming? I remember playing this ages ago, and hearing of a 4.0 in the works. I was surprised to see it isn't out yet as it was supposed to have better mod functionality as well as letting science work better with the stock science stuff. 

2) Does RemoteTech work with this? On the mod compatibility list It says "Supported" then Note: "Not yet" and more sluething online I come across conflicting information, some say yes, some say no.. and no real info for either.. Of why yes, or no, or of it's only certain things..

4.0 is in the works, maybe 75% of main work is done per github

RemoteTech is not recommended with Kerbalism, I'd suggest Real Antennas

In my previous 300-years mission, I noticed that among the crew, four members did not stress. I kept them with TV going all the time, the ship was equipped with every comfort, and the TV was enough to counteract the stress.

the other 5 crew members instead were accumulating stress. they were steadily increasing and having a breakdown every few years, despite being in the same ideal conditions as the rest of the crew.

and they were always the same crew members.

why the individual difference? where does it come from? I did check the saved game file, and I don't see any parameter in the kerbal logs that indicates vulnerability to stress.

is it something that can be reproduced between missions? I was thinking of leaving a large crew in a flying hotel for a few years to select those that don't stress for the next mission, but I'm not sure it would work and there could be better ways...

EDIT: I already got answer on the discord channel. there is individual variation, and it doesn't figure on the rooster because it's tied to the name. so I have to send a large crew in orbit and leave them for a while to select the stress-resistant, but it's reproducible

Edited by king of nowhere

On 12/3/2021 at 1:31 AM, SiCaRiO31 said:

I made a patch for the new parts in SSPX a few weeks ago,  replace your SSPX.cfg file in "...\GameData\KerbalismConfig\Support" with this and it should work (Do a back up first, just in case :P).

Hey @SiCaRiO31,

first thank you!

Is this still correct for the Version SSPXr 2.0.6?

And is your patch newer/better than this commit?:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/commit/35d04a3f23e87e47f274d6846c1117293b1f1a51?diff=unified

@Alex6511@Sir Mortimer

Hey,

for your Info, maybe someone (@Sir Mortimer? @Gordon Dry?)  can help?

Or knows where to find the information needed?

15 hours ago, Lisias said:

AFAIK, Kerbalism removes should TweakScale from all the parts it needs to be installed, as Kerbalism does some processing when the craft is packed (i.e., removed from the Physics and shoved in the "Rails" stunt) and so TweakScale it not active to scale up things.

Let me check it again on Kerbalism's repo...

<hack, hack, slice and hack again>

Humm.. Nope. I found an Issue where it was mentioned that removing TweakScale from the parts with Kerbalism modules would be only practical solution, but as far as I could check on Kerbalism's repository, there're no such patch yet.

On a rule of thumb, everything that Kerbalism touches must have TweakScale removed . Since I don't know Kerbalism, I can't tell you what modules should trigger a TweakScale removal. You will need to reach Kerbalism's maintainers for such.

Once someone lists these modules, writing a patch for removing TS from affected parts is a breeze.

I have a question about using Kerbalism with JNSQ.  It appears that mean time to failure in JNSQ is only half what it should be in stock (so a part that lasts 4 years in stock will only last two years in JNSQ).  I assume that this is because the days are twice as long in JNSQ (and so one year in stock is equal to two years in JNSQ).

Is there a way to modify the mod to double the MTTH times?

2 hours ago, ble210 said:

I have a question about using Kerbalism with JNSQ.  It appears that mean time to failure in JNSQ is only half what it should be in stock (so a part that lasts 4 years in stock will only last two years in JNSQ).  I assume that this is because the days are twice as long in JNSQ (and so one year in stock is equal to two years in JNSQ).

In the GameData\KerbalismConfig\System folder, you can edit the Reliability.cfg.  all the parameters are in seconds, so to your point, a JNSQ 12h day will mean 1/2 time for MTBF. the easiest way will probably to do a CTRL+H find/replace  for all of the settings with the values of 72576000 and 36288000 (doubling them or tweaking to your liking).

6 hours ago, ble210 said:

3 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

In the GameData\KerbalismConfig\System folder, you can edit the Reliability.cfg.  all the parameters are in seconds, so to your point, a JNSQ 12h day will mean 1/2 time for MTBF. the easiest way will probably to do a CTRL+H find/replace  for all of the settings with the values of 72576000 and 36288000 (doubling them or tweaking to your liking).

@ble210If you're having an issue with the "display" being only half of what it should be, make sure to install Kronometer as well. This will actually fix it! Otherwise you used double the reliability, but still have the "bugged" ingame display. Kronometer really should be installed if you are using JNSQ and Kerbalism. More about it can be found here:

I suggest you read this discussion. :)

Thank you all for the answers!

One more question: is it possible to replenish a depleted science experiment?  I have a mystery goo that is depleted (I've brought a spare, so I'm covered), but I'm curious if you can replenish them like in the stock game?  I tried to do so with a scientist, but wasn't able to.

Thank you!

Q: How about support for [x]Science! and others?

A: Most of the features those mods provide are implemented in Kerbalism, like automatic triggering of science instruments and information about what science subjects are available in the game. Supporting those mods can't be done as the Kerbalism science system differ too much from stock.

1) Where exactly do I find the option to automatically trigger science instruments?

2) Is there an option to have an alert message when a science experiment is available?

3) If not, can I see which science experiments are available *right now* ?

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

28 minutes ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

1) Where exactly do I find the option to automatically trigger science instruments?

2) Is there an option to have an alert message when a science experiment is available?

3) If not, can I see which science experiments are available *right now* ?

Either in the menu for an instrument (VAB or flight), or in the Kerbalism vessel info tab under Auto, you can see all experiment, deployable solar panels & antennae, etc. If they are "running", they are collecting science, if "waiting" there is no more science to get there. 

On 11/29/2020 at 5:41 PM, RedParadize said:

Hi there, anyone have made a patch to add lithium production to ISRU for Near future propulsion and FFT?

I think I am pretty close to figure out how Kerbalism work, not quite sure trough.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, RocketRyleigh said:

Question: As far as compatibility, specifically with Nertea's Near Future suite, do I have the right impression that not all of the Near Future mods require explicit support from Kerbalism? Namely the mods that only add engines etc. The only aspect I can think of that might would be reliability stuff being applied to mod engines, but then I wonder if maybe that gets dealt with through part modules so would be automatic.

The TL;DR here is just wondering if things like Near Future Launch Vehicles/Propulsion/anything with mainly/only engines require explicit support, or if it's mainly the crewed/antenna/science/electricity-related parts that need it.

Edit: The specific mod breakdown I'm thinking is something like:
NF Solar, Spacecraft, Electrical = the ones with some explicit support
NF Construction, Propulsion, Launch Vehicles = ones that might not need it
NF Aeronautics, Exploration = ones that would need explicit support added which don't have it now

Close? Or is it exclusively mods on the list after all?

Hey @RedParadize and @RocketRyleigh,

Did you got answers for your question?

And are this two compatibility mods good to use for FFT and System Heat (+all their patches)?

https://github.com/judicator/KerbalismSystemHeat

https://github.com/judicator/KerbalismFFT

Or are there things to know or change before using them?

16 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Either in the menu for an instrument (VAB or flight), or in the Kerbalism vessel info tab under Auto, you can see all experiment, deployable solar panels & antennae, etc. If they are "running", they are collecting science, if "waiting" there is no more science to get there. 

Oh, wow. I totally missed the Auto tab. Thanks for the hint!

But I still have to watch that manually, right?

Or is there a way to get a message when a science experiment becomes available in-flight, like ScienceAlert does for the standard science system?

1 hour ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Oh, wow. I totally missed the Auto tab. Thanks for the hint!

But I still have to watch that manually, right?

Or is there a way to get a message when a science experiment becomes available in-flight, like ScienceAlert does for the standard science system?

I usually leave the auto tab open the whole flight. blue changing to green is pretty noticeable, and I want to know how much time is left, etc anyway.