[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having.

I've run into a problem when using the GU_parts mods with Kerbalism. Whenever I use a GU antenna on a vessel in flight, I start getting NullReferenceExeption spam. I attached what i believe is the relevant section of the logs below. It looks like it has something to do with Kerbalism but I'm so experienced at reading the log files.  Any idea what might be causing  this or how to apply a fix? I've also asked on the GU thread to see if there's a fix on the other side.

Spoiler

[EXC 13:47:49.953] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.Init () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.AntennaInfo () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.EvaluateStatus () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.Evaluate (System.Boolean forced, System.Double elapsedSeconds) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Edited by The Credible Bulk

8 minutes ago, The Credible Bulk said:

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having.

I've run into a problem when using the GU_parts mods with Kerbalism. Whenever I use a GU antenna on a vessel in flight, I start getting NullReferenceExeption spam. I attached what i believe is the relevant section of the logs below. It looks like it has something to do with Kerbalism but I'm so experienced at reading the log files.  Any idea what might be causing  this or how to apply a fix? I've also asked on the Kerbalism thread to see if there's a fix on the other side.

Hide contents

[EXC 13:47:49.953] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.Init () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.AntennaInfo () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.EvaluateStatus () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.Evaluate (System.Boolean forced, System.Double elapsedSeconds) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Hey @The Credible Bulk,

GU and Kerbalism don't play "nice" together and need compatibility patches, see:

Edit: I'm leaving this up just here for anyone who runs into the same problem.

I just realized why I was getting a "no storage space" error message when trying to collect Bathymetry Data.

I've started  a new career with Kerbalism with several other mods, including the PBC (Probes Before Crew), so I have only the Probodyne OKTO available right now.

gDA3vUw.png

I can do the Mystery Goo Observation without problems.

yLU6rQR.png

But when I try to conduct the Bathymetry Data experiment from the DMagic Orbital Science mod (supported according to the wiki), it simply says "no storage space".

hxmWvT5.png

As I realized seconds after posting here: While the OKTO does not have a sample capacity slot, the Mystery Goo carries its own Hard Drive with a 1 slot sample capacity (for its own experiments only). The Bathymetry Data experiment needs a sample slot, but does not come with its own hard drive and the OKTO has none either.

Edit: Mystery solved. Thanks @FasterThanFlourite :D .

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

I'm dealing with an interesting bug, and not sure if I should be posting here or in another mod topic.

Recovery of resource tanks does not appear to be working correctly.  In my game, if I have a medium tank that I've preselected for rare metals (which is worth around $500,000) and launch with that tank empty, and then simply recover that empty tank, I will lose $500,000 upon recovery.   Its almost like the game is trying to purchase the missing resources prior to recovery.  Same thing goes for when I recover the tank after I've mined rare metals and filled the tank; I lose $500,000 (instead of gaining 500k).

Curious is anyone else has run into this.  I also use Rational Resources and JNSQ.   Thank you for your help!

Edit: here is the image of my recovery "income":  https://ibb.co/Qb4mM08

Edited by ble210
added photo

@ble210 You are not using KSP Community Fixes (KSPCF, for short), are you? The bug you described is fairly common and happens with many mods. It seems to be a stock bug. KSPCF fixes that. So I highly suggest you use it. :)

It has also been discussed every now and then in various different mod threads (the posts are usually hard to find, though - so I'm not trying to scold you here!). So yeah, others have definitely run into this.

2 hours ago, caipi said:

@ble210 You are not using KSP Community Fixes (KSPCF, for short), are you? The bug you described is fairly common and happens with many mods. It seems to be a stock bug. KSPCF fixes that. So I highly suggest you use it. :)

It has also been discussed every now and then in various different mod threads (the posts are usually hard to find, though - so I'm not trying to scold you here!). So yeah, others have definitely run into this.

Thank you!  I'll give it a try :)

Is it possible to access the science reports again, after they have appeared and faded out?

I do like to read the little tidbits, but they disappear so fast after a science experiment has completed, and so far I haven't found a way to access them again (unlike in the base game, where you can just look at the stored data onboard a vessel).

1 hour ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Is it possible to access the science reports again, after they have appeared and faded out?

I do like to read the little tidbits, but they disappear so fast after a science experiment has completed, and so far I haven't found a way to access them again (unlike in the base game, where you can just look at the stored data onboard a vessel).

you can watch them in the log until the end of the game session. i am sure there is a science archive somewhere where you can access old experiments too, but i don't remember where

2 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Go to the Kerbalism options page (Pause menu -> settings -> difficulty options -> Kerbalism 2). There is a radio button and a slider at the bottom of the left column of options. The slider controls how long the message stays on screen and the radio button allows you to switch from Kerbalism inbuilt messaging system to the stock system.

Once a message has faded off screen it can still be accessed through the logs tab of the vessel monitor GUI or if you switched to stock messages then recent messages can be viewed with One Window

Edit:

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

i am sure there is a science archive somewhere where you can access old experiments too, but i don't remember where

Research and Development building -> Archives tab (top left) -> click green review science report button

If the report hasn't finished transmitting yet then it is also visible in the tooltip for the appropriate line in the flight GUI data tab

Edited by Aelfhe1m

Hey,

Can somebody please explain to me, how the "EC (idle), EC (transmitting), Max. speed" are being calculated?

Because I don't understand it or at least I think some values are really strange...

I'm playing a 1.12.3 game with Kerbalism 3.14, JNSQ, and many more mods and I'm at the beginning of a Science-only game with about 1000 science spend already.

Almost all the antennas I can build have a "max. speed" of ~100 B/s to ~400 kB/s.

But even some very big relay antennas have only "max. speed" of 20-80 kB/s, what for me seems really low, or is this normal at the beginning?

For example, this is my "strongest" "normal" antenna:

Spoiler

Mod: RN_US_Probes
Orig Name: gdish_intended
Updt Name: gdish.intended
Path: RN_US_Probes/Galileo/gdish_intended/gdish_intended
Size: 6.19
Bulkhead Profiles:
-----------------------------------------------
Mass: 150.00 kg
ModuleDataTransmitter

Antenna Type:  Relay
Antenna Rating:  400.0 Gm

vs L1 DSN: 57.0 Gm
vs L2 DSN: 285.0 Gm
vs L3 DSN: 637.2 Gm

EC (idle): 0.011/s
EC (transmitting): 0.410/s

Max. speed: 436.54 kB/s

But than there are this two really crazy antennas:

This one with "EC (idle): 2.400/s", "EC (transmitting): 90.000/s", "Max. speed: 12.50 MB/s":

Spoiler

Mod: DrKermnassusParts
Name: scannerProbe
Path: DrKermnassusParts/scannerProbe/scannerProbe/scannerProbe
Size: 2.57
Bulkhead Profiles: size1
Mass: 257.00 kg
Resources:
    ElectricCharge: 50.0/50.0, mass: 0.00 kg
ModuleDataTransmitter

Antenna Type:  Direct
Antenna Rating:  500.0 Km

vs L1 DSN: 63.7 Mm
vs L2 DSN: 318.6 Mm
vs L3 DSN: 712.4 Mm

EC (idle): 2.400/s
EC (transmitting): 90.000/s

Max. speed: 12.50 MB/s

And this one with "EC (idle): 2.400/s", "EC (transmitting): 90.000/s", "Max. speed: 1.02 GB/s":

Spoiler

Mod: MarsDirect
Name: MD-Antenna
Path: MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna/MD-Antenna
Size: 1.04
Bulkhead Profiles: srf
Mass: 50.00 kg
ModuleDeployableAntenna

Rated for: 3.0 kPa dyn. pressure
ModuleDataTransmitter

Antenna Rating:  2.0 Mm

vs L1 DSN: 127.4 Mm
vs L2 DSN: 637.2 Mm
vs L3 DSN: 1.4 Gm

Max. speed: 1.02 GB/s

And how can I get a better Max. speed, because my HDD are always full in seconds and than the probes need months and sometimes years to transmit the science. :sealed:

If you need my logs (+MM-Caches, etc...) here they are: https://tancredi.nl/logs.zip

Edited by N3N

1 hour ago, N3N said:

Can somebody please explain to me, how the "EC (idle), EC (transmitting), Max. speed" are being calculated?

They are being calculated here:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/1d6c68e090d9f07092306f2e0702aec4a5908e1f/src/Kerbalism/Patches/ModuleDataTransmitter_GetInfo.cs#L38-L48

Basically stripping out all the formatting code you get:

EC(idle) = DataResourceCost * DataRate * Settings.TransmitterPassiveEcFactor

EC (transmitting) =  DataResourceCost * DataRate * Settings.TransmitterActiveEcFactor

Max Speed = DataRate

DataRate and DataResourceCost come from the ModuleDataTransmitter module (as shown in ModuleManager.ConfigCache); the transmitterEcFactors are from the Kerbalism settings page.

Now as to how the DataResourceCost and DataRate values get modified during the ModuleManager patching that can be more involved.

Starting here: https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/KerbalismConfig/System/ScienceRework/Patches-Antennas.cfg

and also involving any mod specific patches or patches that globally affect ModuleDataTransmitter.

For example here's an analysis of how the Mars Direct antenna got its final values:

The Duna Direct antenna gets its calculated values overwritten by this patch in MarsDirect/Patches/MD-Kerbalism.cfg:

Spoiler
// Antenna nerf ----------

@PART[MD-Antenna]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,!RemoteTech]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@packetSize = 4
		@packetResourceCost = 2
		@packetInterval = 1
		%packetSize /= 1024
		%packetResourceCost /= 60
	}
}

Which is not doing what I assume the author intended  since your MM cache has these values for that part:

Spoiler
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleDataTransmitter
			antennaType = DIRECT
			requiredResource = ElectricCharge
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 2000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 1024
			packetResourceCost = 60
			JNSQ = True
		}

Searching through ModuleManager.log for any later patches affecting MD-Antenna gives:

Spoiler
// spaces added for clarity

[LOG 18:18:00.352] Applying update MarsDirect/Patches/MD-Kerbalism/@PART[MD-Antenna]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,!RemoteTech]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault] to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]

[LOG 18:18:03.992] Applying update JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/AntennaRange/@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]]:LAST[JNSQ] to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:04.355] Applying update JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/AntennaRange/@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]]:LAST[JNSQ] to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]

[LOG 18:18:13.194] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/Patches/Support_KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Refunding]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-REFUNDING]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:15.247] Applying update PartInfo/PartInfo/@PART[*]:HAS[~name[TCAModule*],~name[Deployed*],~name[Potato*]]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:16.380] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_AddClassDescriptionsToAntennas/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]:HAS[#antennaCombinable[?rue]]]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:18.080] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_AddClassDescriptionsToAntennas/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]:HAS[#antennaPower[>499999],#antennaPower[<2000000001],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:21.571] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_AntennaClassDescriptions/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]:HAS[#antennaCombinable[?rue]]]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]
[LOG 18:18:22.987] Applying update zFinal_FilterExtensions/zzz_AntennaClassDescriptions/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter*]:HAS[#antennaPower[>499999],#antennaPower[<2000000001],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]:FINAL to MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna.cfg/PART[MD-Antenna]

The patches at the bottom don't affect ModuleDataTransmiteer so can be ignored, leaving the JNSQ patches which only multiply antennaPower by 4.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

I was just thinking about this! I make a lot of BDB craft in a JNSQ system and just deal with the incompatibilities as they come up.  It's been difficult for me to figure out how the antennae work, but suffice to say is the max transmission an average of the max speed of all antennae attached to the craft? So, for example, having one beefy high-gain antenna and a derpy signal antenna would be detrimental to the overall craft as far as Kerbalism is concerned?

edit: this seems to be the case. While of course a lower power antenna draws less EC, including it in your build for aesthetics really hampers transmission rates... With my Mariner 10, I got about 140 kB/s when it only had the High Gain Relay Dish attached. Once I tested again after attaching the 1.41 kB/s Omnidirectional Antenna, the rate went down to about 14 kB/s, whether the antenna was extended or not. Not a huge deal for orbiters, but is worth considering if you're planning flybys!

Edited by MagicCuboid

4 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

They are being calculated here:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/1d6c68e090d9f07092306f2e0702aec4a5908e1f/src/Kerbalism/Patches/ModuleDataTransmitter_GetInfo.cs#L38-L48

Basically stripping out all the formatting code you get:

EC(idle) = DataResourceCost * DataRate * Settings.TransmitterPassiveEcFactor

EC (transmitting) =  DataResourceCost * DataRate * Settings.TransmitterActiveEcFactor

Max Speed = DataRate

DataRate and DataResourceCost come from the ModuleDataTransmitter module (as shown in ModuleManager.ConfigCache); the transmitterEcFactors are from the Kerbalism settings page.

Now as to how the DataResourceCost and DataRate values get modified during the ModuleManager patching that can be more involved.

Starting here: https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/KerbalismConfig/System/ScienceRework/Patches-Antennas.cfg

and also involving any mod specific patches or patches that globally affect ModuleDataTransmitter.

Hey @Aelfhe1m,

Thank you for your fast and understandable answer! :wink:

2 hours ago, MagicCuboid said:

I was just thinking about this! I make a lot of BDB craft in a JNSQ system and just deal with the incompatibilities as they come up.  It's been difficult for me to figure out how the antennae work, but suffice to say is the max transmission an average of the max speed of all antennae attached to the craft? So, for example, having one beefy high-gain antenna and a derpy signal antenna would be detrimental to the overall craft as far as Kerbalism is concerned?

Hey @MagicCuboid,

good question!

How is the "max speed" of all "combinable" antennas together calculated?

And is it better to have many smaller "combinable" antennas or one big (relay?) "non-combinable" antenna?

Edited by N3N

3 minutes ago, N3N said:

How is the "max speed" of all "combinable" antennas together calculated?

And is it better to have many smaller "combinable" antennas or one big (relay?) "non-combinable" antenna?

See https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal#range-and-rate

But TLDR :
- Combining (same) antennas will only increase max range, data rate will stay unchanged.
- Having different antennas with high data rate and low data rate is a bad idea, as this will lower the max data rate to something in the middle.

Also, I suggest using :

7 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

See https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal#range-and-rate

But TLDR :
- Combining (same) antennas will only increase max range, data rate will stay unchanged.
- Having different antennas with high data rate and low data rate is a bad idea, as this will lower the max data rate to something in the middle.

Hey @Gotmachine,

Thank you for your fast and understandable answer! :wink:

7 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

Also, I suggest using :

Does this still work?

There were issues mentioned and no answer, if this are still there with KSP 1.12.3.

EDIT:

See: https://github.com/ValentinBischof/KerbalismCompanionCalculator/issues

(Maybe a problem with my JNSQ game...)

Edited by N3N

6 hours ago, N3N said:

But than there are this two really crazy antennas:

This one with "EC (idle): 2.400/s", "EC (transmitting): 90.000/s", "Max. speed: 12.50 MB/s":

Hide contents

Mod: DrKermnassusParts
Name: scannerProbe
Path: DrKermnassusParts/scannerProbe/scannerProbe/scannerProbe
Size: 2.57
Bulkhead Profiles: size1
Mass: 257.00 kg
Resources:
    ElectricCharge: 50.0/50.0, mass: 0.00 kg
ModuleDataTransmitter

Antenna Rating:  500.0 Km

vs L1 DSN: 63.7 Mm
vs L2 DSN: 318.6 Mm
vs L3 DSN: 712.4 Mm

Max. speed: 12.50 MB/s

And this one with "EC (idle): 2.400/s", "EC (transmitting): 90.000/s", "Max. speed: 1.02 GB/s":

Hide contents

Mod: MarsDirect
Name: MD-Antenna
Path: MarsDirect/Antenna/MD-Antenna/MD-Antenna
Size: 1.04
Bulkhead Profiles: srf
Mass: 50.00 kg
ModuleDeployableAntenna

Rated for: 3.0 kPa dyn. pressure
ModuleDataTransmitter

Antenna Rating:  2.0 Mm

vs L1 DSN: 127.4 Mm
vs L2 DSN: 637.2 Mm
vs L3 DSN: 1.4 Gm

Max. speed: 1.02 GB/s

If you need my logs (+MM-Caches, etc...) here they are: https://tancredi.nl/logs.zip

5 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

For example here's an analysis of how the Mars Direct antenna got its final values:

The Duna Direct antenna gets its calculated values overwritten by this patch in MarsDirect/Patches/MD-Kerbalism.cfg:

Hide contents

@PART[MD-Antenna]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,!RemoteTech]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault]
{
	{
		@packetSize = 4
		@packetResourceCost = 2
		@packetInterval = 1
		%packetSize /= 1024
		%packetResourceCost /= 60
	}
}

Which is not doing what I assume the author intended  since your MM cache has these values for that part:

Hide contents
		MODULE
		{
			antennaType = DIRECT
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 2000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 1024
			packetResourceCost = 60
			JNSQ = True
		}

Hey @Aelfhe1m,

I'm new to MM modding, can you please help me to adjust this two antennas?

For example for the Mars Direct antenna would this be the right MM patch?

Spoiler

@PART[MD-Antenna]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,!RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
	{
		@antennaPower = 2000000
		@packetInterval = 1
		@packetSize = 2
		@packetResourceCost = 0.012
	}
}

And for the "scannerProbe" this patch "scannerProbeKerbalism.cfg"?

Spoiler
// Antenna cost adjustment

@PART[scannerProbe]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,!RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
	{
		%antennaPower = 500000
	}
}

2 hours ago, N3N said:

I'm new to MM modding, can you please help me to adjust this two antennas?

For example for the Mars Direct antenna would this be the right MM patch?

Reveal hidden contents

{
	{
		@antennaPower = 2000000
		@packetInterval = 1
		@packetSize = 2
	}
}

And for the "scannerProbe" this patch "scannerProbeKerbalism.cfg"?

Reveal hidden contents

Those patches would work (the syntax is correct), whether they are correctly balanced is another question and up to you to decide in the end.

Personally, I thing the antennapower for the MD-Antenna looks very low for an interplanetary dish.

For comparison, the final patched values of the Communotron 88-88 in your MM ConfigCache are:

Spoiler
MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleDataTransmitterFeedeable
			antennaType = DIRECT
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 400000000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 0.520
			packetResourceCost = 0.45
			JNSQ = True
		}

Compared to your patches, the stock antenna would have much larger range but transmit about 4x slower and use about 40x as much EC.

The Communotron HG-55:

Spoiler
MODULE
		{
			antennaType = DIRECT
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 60000000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 0.200
			packetResourceCost = 0.125
			JNSQ = True
		}

18 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Those patches would work (the syntax is correct), whether they are correctly balanced is another question and up to you to decide in the end.

Personally, I thing the antennapower for the MD-Antenna looks very low for an interplanetary dish.

For comparison, the final patched values of the Communotron 88-88 in your MM ConfigCache are:

Hide contents
MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleDataTransmitterFeedeable
			antennaType = DIRECT
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 400000000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 0.520
			packetResourceCost = 0.45
			JNSQ = True
		}

Compared to your patches, the stock antenna would have much larger range but transmit about 4x slower and use about 40x as much EC.

The Communotron HG-55:

Hide contents
MODULE
		{
			antennaType = DIRECT
			DeployFxModules = 0
			antennaPower = 60000000000
			antennaCombinable = True
			packetInterval = 1
			packetSize = 0.200
			packetResourceCost = 0.125
			JNSQ = True
		}

Hey, OK, I see.

I tried to make it in between them, but not to far from the original patches.

I have to try it out, but maybe this is better?

{
	{
		@antennaPower = 200000000000
		@packetInterval = 1
		@packetSize = 1
		@packetResourceCost = 0.6
	}
}

21 hours ago, N3N said:

EDIT:

See: https://github.com/ValentinBischof/KerbalismCompanionCalculator/issues

(Maybe a problem with different Planet mods?)

Hey @Aelfhe1m,

Do you know something about this?

Does KCC still work fine with KSP 1.12.3 (and JNSQ)?

Edited by N3N

Repairing my mothership is a painful operation requiring a long spacewalk to fit a kerbal into every nook and cranny, all the while under heavy lag. It's fascinating the first time, but it gets tedious after a while.

It occurred to me that I could significantly shorten the operation by increasing the range to which the kerbal can perform such repairs. Instead of having to fly around the ship, I can just do everything with the kerbal standing still on a ladder. And all it would take would be manually editing a single value in a file; the one telling the range for inspections and repairs. Unfortunately, that single piece of information in the large code is like the metaphorical needle in the metaphorical haystack.

Do anyone know where I can find that instruction?

thanks

I'm having issues with the nuclear reactors provided by Near Future electrical.  They do not generate any electricity or heat; has anyone figured out a file edit or config to get these parts to work?  I appreciate your help!

5 minutes ago, ble210 said:

I'm having issues with the nuclear reactors provided by Near Future electrical.  They do not generate any electricity or heat; has anyone figured out a file edit or config to get these parts to work?  I appreciate your help!

they do generate electricity. make sure to tell them to dump xenon. they produce small amounts of xenon, and if they cannot store it somewhere, and are not told to dump it, they stop working.

as for the heat, no, they do not produce it as they should. nothing stops you from still using radiators.