[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Just now, Alexsys said:

Why does the Scrubber have no Dump function?

can't ensure that when the CO2 storage hits max, to be dumped, they choke on themselves

vlrTQx5.png

It will automatically dump, same for wastewater and waste.  Logic being they just vent it to space :D

Would you bros know by any chance...

how come I am unable to enable / disable habitats in space for every capsule attached to the ship?
there's simply no option to enable / disable during flight at all.

FLOAT mission had me to slap enough capulas till I get 25.00m''3, editor showed for 4 kerbals over 25, yet in flight its 6.00m''3.

I simply assume not habitats are enabled other than those, yet even spreading out the 4 kerbals does nothing.

still stays on 6.00m''3 despit the editor saying i reached over 25 with all habitats enabled in the editor, yet in flight no even such option to enable / disable

SilkS7F.jpeg

RTSu6TX.png

46 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

Would you bros know by any chance...

how come I am unable to enable / disable habitats in space for every capsule attached to the ship?
there's simply no option to enable / disable during flight at all.

FLOAT mission had me to slap enough capulas till I get 25.00m''3, editor showed for 4 kerbals over 25, yet in flight its 6.00m''3.

I simply assume not habitats are enabled other than those, yet even spreading out the 4 kerbals does nothing.

still stays on 6.00m''3 despit the editor saying i reached over 25 with all habitats enabled in the editor, yet in flight no even such option to enable / disable

SilkS7F.jpeg

RTSu6TX.png

i'm not familiar with the current version, but in the previous version you could not. maybe you can edit the file? I'm not sure

EDIT: I went to check one of my old mission reports, because I remember having an issue with enabling/disabling habitats. Yes, you can enable/disable by editing the save file. there should be the option "habitat" that you can manually change

Edited by king of nowhere

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i'm not familiar with the current version, but in the previous version you could not. maybe you can edit the file? I'm not sure

EDIT: I went to check one of my old mission reports, because I remember having an issue with enabling/disabling habitats. Yes, you can enable/disable by editing the save file. there should be the option "habitat" that you can manually change

Cheers for letting me know.

So interestingly enough, all the habitats are written as enabled.

makes me wonder what made the game suddenly decrease the habitat sizes in such spread out capsule manner, like I built?

launching just 2 passanger habitats did count as that.

maybe thats just a FLOAT thingy

15 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

Cheers for letting me know.

So interestingly enough, all the habitats are written as enabled.

makes me wonder what made the game suddenly decrease the habitat sizes in such spread out capsule manner, like I built?

launching just 2 passanger habitats did count as that.

maybe thats just a FLOAT thingy

alas, that I have no idea.

wait, is habitat size wrong? maybe you are mistaking habitat per person against total habitat? in that case, if you have many kerbals on board, that could be the case. i seem to remember float required a lot of space per kerbal.

if it's not that, then i have no idea

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

alas, that I have no idea.

wait, is habitat size wrong? maybe you are mistaking habitat per person against total habitat? in that case, if you have many kerbals on board, that could be the case. i seem to remember float required a lot of space per kerbal.

if it's not that, then i have no idea

no idea.

the editor does a great job mimicing the real time situation of any feature. so slapping on the crew in the editor gives the given scenario, and having a full crew doesnt change that volume / square cube number in editor no matter how many people.

suppose i'll just use normal transport big modules to sort it out :)

24 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

no idea.

the editor does a great job mimicing the real time situation of any feature. so slapping on the crew in the editor gives the given scenario, and having a full crew doesnt change that volume / square cube number in editor no matter how many people.

suppose i'll just use normal transport big modules to sort it out :)

the editor may have a glitch. I suggest you perform the manual calculation yourself looking at the habitat volume of given parts divided by crew members. it's not a big calculation, fortunately

I'll patch it all up clarifying that apparently it means that the size shown in the editor is PER crew member.

that's why it was significantly small in flight with 4 crew members.

so FLOAT does want a HUGE amount of space, maybe worthy of several flights to connect that massive resting space for the lazy plants as test subjects.

so you gotta make a long weiner

no bugs, just shown as volume per kerbal :)

Found a possible bug, where Kerbalism first removes module "ModuleScienceLab", and then tries to find it in order to create a hard drive in the lab. To fix it, one can replace in file "...GameData\KerbalismConfig\System\ScienceRework\Patches - HardRrives.cfg" this string:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]

with this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Laboratory]]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]

and play Kerbalism as intended.
This string located at the beginning of the file, and replacement does nothing criminal, but allows Kerbalism to look for module "Laboratory" instead of "ModuleScienceLab" (is's a replacement module created by Kerbalism itself). All parameters and capacity for laboratory hard drives already exist in the mod (and are remarkable large), this code is just bugfix. BTW, it also can fix the problem with repeating "not enough space on the hard drive" message.

4 hours ago, IronCretin said:

How do I set up antennas to auto-transmit? All my experiments are saying that there's insufficient storage space. I'm using the skyhawk configs, I asked in that thread in case its a problem with that mod.

they should atuo-transmit by default. but transmission can be slow. i get the same problem because some experiments accumulate data faster than the antenna can send them

4 hours ago, IronCretin said:

How do I set up antennas to auto-transmit? All my experiments are saying that there's insufficient storage space. I'm using the skyhawk configs, I asked in that thread in case its a problem with that mod.

Hover over the signal symbol (ie the wifi symbol) on the craft's info. If it says "telemetry", you aren't transmitting science data. If it says a speed, you are. If you are, you just need to wait for the transmission to clear up space. If not, either you are using the antennas built into a probe core, or you have the antennas turned off, or the data is set to not be transmitted.

the kerbalism window for a vessel always reports, in the environment section, a voice called "gravioli" - as seen in this screenshot

CS3zSkb.png

and it always says "nothing here".

I've run multiple grand tours, I've literally been everywhere, and I didn't ever notice this voice saying something different.

what is that? is it just a joke based on the gravioli detector fluff text mentioning that they are very elusive? every other voice in that windown is something important for a spaceship.

Hello!!

I really like the mod and find it fun and challenging, but I just can't get used to how the science works. I hate how the experiments take time and are so complicated... Is there a way to maintain everything the same but just completly remove the science features?? 

Hello,

I just wanted to report an unusual glitch I noted while playing. Hopefully the dev team still monitors this thread?

It seems designating a probe as a science station using the rename function renders the probe unable to transmit science.

I've been using Kerbalism for some time on this playthrough, and decided to add a few select Near Future mods from Nertea in order to deal with the high power consumption of some of the experiments before heading out past Jool. Specifically, I downloaded the Solar, Solar Core, and Exploration mods. I thought for a while this was my problem, as it happened at the same time as I decided to de-clutter my tracking station by designating my 40 or so landed probes across Duna and Moho as science stations.

After doing so, whenever a landed probe was deloaded, it would cease to communicate data for Kerbalism, but maintain DSN connection and probe control. Nothing I could do would resume connection except removing the mods. As the probes had high-gain antennae, I tried orienting them towards the nearest relay, thinking maybe I'd inadvertently added a mod that required such things even though I specifically avoided them. I attempted to return the probes to orbit, where other orbiting probes maintained their connection. I tried cheating them to Kerbin orbit or KSC. I tried disabling kerbnet in settings.

I then removed all mods and reinstalled them. All of my craft were gone except a few basic relays due reloading the game without mods thinking I could just load an old save that wasn't the autosave and it'd be no big deal, so I began dropping new probes with cheating to orbit and Mechjeb, trying to return to where I had gotten manually before and with relay dishes on my probes just in case that was the issue. After about 22 (I know, it took me a while to realize the problem occurred only after landing and deloading the craft), I realized my probes again were not communicating.

I uninstalled Near Future Solar/Core/Exploration. Since I had used Near Future solar panels on my new probes, they all disappeared. Again. I reinstalled Solar. Probes appeared to work properly after cheating one to Moho's surface and using the dishes left over from before all of this started. Reinstalled Exploration, which has probe and antennae components I suspected being the problem despite using only stock antennae for all of my probes. Cheated my probe to Moho's surface. Had some weirdness with my probe sliding along flat ground with no propulsion, not sure what was up with that. Had to cheat it back to Kerbin Orbit because it wouldn't stop sliding to go to Tracking Station. Entered tracking station, signal with probe remained.

Cheated to Moho orbit, told MechJeb to land anywhere. Landed. Noted data working. Went to tracking center, signal maintained. Renamed my probe and designated it as a science station. Returned to tracking station, signal lost. Returned to probe, redesignated as probe. Returned to tracking station. Signal Returned. Uninstalled Near Solar/Solar Core/Exploration and relaunched the game, loaded craft and changed to a Science. Returned to tracking station. Signal lost. Loaded craft, designated as probe. Returned to tracking station, signal returned.

Finally, I removed all mods, then installed Kerbalism and its dependencies, as well as Procedural Parts because I couldn't bear to lose all of my craft again and most had procedural tanks. I replicated the issue a third time with on Kerbalism and Procedural Parts installed, following the same renaming and checking procedure. I doubt the issue was Procedural Parts.

Incidentally, renaming the craft as debris even when it wasn't had a variety of effects, with it being de-listed from craft in the list kerbalism provides in its widget and causing a reload of the craft to not show most kerbalism options in its menus. Re-categorizing it as a probe once again fixed these issues.

I lost about 20 hours of gameplay from manually loaded craft and the time spent recreating them and troubleshooting. Unless this is some feature I'm unaware of, I'm assuming it's not intended that selecting the science category while renaming will cause data to no longer transmit. I hope I've provided detailed enough data that it can be fixed.

Mod List as of the end, all added via CKAN:

4k SP_Expanded

AT Utils

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork

B9 Part Switch

Better TimeWarp Continued

Click Through Blocker

Community Resource Pack

Configurable Containers

Custom Barn Kit

Distant Object Enhancement /L (w default config)

Ferram Aerospace Research Continued

Harmony 2

Kerbal Changelog

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next

Kerbalism

Kerbalism - Default Config

KSP community fixes

MechJeb 2

Modular Flight Integrator

Module Manager

Procedural Parts

Procedural Parts - Hazard Tank Textures

Procedural Parts - Ven's Revamp Style Textures

Real Plume

Real Plume - Stock Configs

ReStock

Restock+

Smokescreen - Extended FX Plugin

Solar Panel Degradation

Toolbar Controller

TweakScale Redistributable

Zero Mini AVC

@20000RadsUnderTheSea although I don’t use kerbalism, I might be able to help if you put your output.log into a download on something like Dropbox. Also, before asking for support, read this.

12 hours ago, Deformed said:

Hello!!

I really like the mod and find it fun and challenging, but I just can't get used to how the science works. I hate how the experiments take time and are so complicated... Is there a way to maintain everything the same but just completly remove the science features?? 

@Deformed, you can edit the cfg files or make an mm patch (but I have no experience with either:P)

Edited by darthvader15001

I'm having an issue with certain science experiments with the Hitchhiker and Science Lab.  Specifically, the experiments take *way longer* than they are listed as taking.  For example, the "TRAPPED" experiment is listed as taking approximately 1 year and 9 days to complete.  However, in actuality the science collection is going far slower than that, and at its actual rate it will take over 63 years to complete that one experiment.  Same issue for other experiments, like the "STAKE" experiment.  Does anyone know why this issue is occurring?  Anything I can do to fix it?

I am using JNSQ if that makes any difference.

Just now, ble210 said:

I'm having an issue with certain science experiments with the Hitchhiker and Science Lab.  Specifically, the experiments take *way longer* than they are listed as taking.  For example, the "TRAPPED" experiment is listed as taking approximately 1 year and 9 days to complete.  However, in actuality the science collection is going far slower than that, and at its actual rate it will take over 63 years to complete that one experiment.  Same issue for other experiments, like the "STAKE" experiment.  Does anyone know why this issue is occurring?  Anything I can do to fix it?

I am using JNSQ if that makes any difference.

check that all conditions are met. maybe the experiment requires a lot of electricity, and you don't have it, and so it goes slower. or maybe it requires some other kind of resource.

for example, the stake experiment requires 27 electricity/second. that's a lot, and if you don't have it, it will go slower. it also requires that the crew be exposed to small doses of radiations. the trapped experiment produces over 5000 samples, and if it fills your sample containers, the experiment will stop - and proceed at snail pace while a scientist in a lab slowly processes those samples into actual science, making room for new samples.

so check if there are issues like that.

if there aren't, then it could be a legitimate bug

@darthvader15001 I appreciate the offer, but I already fixed the issue through troubleshooting as detailed in my post. It wasn't a support request, I was just reporting a mod bug which I feel I narrowed down and reproduced sufficiently enough to be confident I understood the issue. If this is the wrong place for that, I'm sorry. I'm new.

If you think my output log would be useful, I might be able to look into figuring out how to do that, but I've kind of already moved on to RSS/RP-1 and it'd take some legwork on my end that I'd rather not do unnecessarily.

Given this line:

>These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it.

I don't know if it would help since it didn't "break the game horribly" and the thing that broke isn't related in any way to the stock game.

6 hours ago, 20000RadsUnderTheSea said:

I'm sorry. I'm new

Don’t worry, the forums have many new people joining every day, so don’t feel bad about being new;)

6 hours ago, 20000RadsUnderTheSea said:

If you think my output log would be useful, I might be able to look into figuring out how to do that,

Go into your main ksp directory and one folder should be named “logs” or something. Go in, and some mods might have made logs.