[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

On 9/7/2022 at 4:29 AM, Basilicofresco said:

I discovered that it's caused by the automatic upgrades: the RDU adds 275300 to the basic cost and the TV adds 33500.
After unlocking the Advanced Exploration in the tech tree the price of the Hitchhicker Storage Container change from "√4,000.00" to "√37,500.00 + √33,500.00". 
After unlocking the Advanced Science Tech in the tech tree the price of the Hitchhicker Storage Container change to "√312,899.00 + √33,500.00". 

It's just odd that I cannot avoid these expensive upgrades if not needed. What do you think? 

I just wanted to bring back this issue / bug that is present. Basically, if you unlock / purchase the TV upgrade in the Advanced Exploration tech node, you'll increase the cost of habitats like the Hitchhiker Can by 33,500 funds.

It also adds the annoyance that for some reason, every part in the game now reads something like √37,500.00 + √33,500.00 cost, even parts like parachutes and engines. 

I haven't gotten the Radiation module yet, but it sounds like that will make things even more expensive. I was able to fix my game by undo-ing the TV upgrade by editing the save game and removing the upgrade.

I suspect that these upgrades are powerful and are designed to make it so that they increase the cost of the parts if you use them. However, there doesn't seem to be a toggle that allows you to NOT use them, and they should probably by default be not enabled on a part.

9 hours ago, Empiro said:

I just wanted to bring back this issue / bug that is present. Basically, if you unlock / purchase the TV upgrade in the Advanced Exploration tech node, you'll increase the cost of habitats like the Hitchhiker Can by 33,500 funds.

It also adds the annoyance that for some reason, every part in the game now reads something like √37,500.00 + √33,500.00 cost, even parts like parachutes and engines. 

I haven't gotten the Radiation module yet, but it sounds like that will make things even more expensive. I was able to fix my game by undo-ing the TV upgrade by editing the save game and removing the upgrade.

I suspect that these upgrades are powerful and are designed to make it so that they increase the cost of the parts if you use them. However, there doesn't seem to be a toggle that allows you to NOT use them, and they should probably by default be not enabled on a part.

yeah im seeing the same thing, hitchhikers and some other crew parts costing √33,500.00 more than base along with the "+ √33,500.00" to almost every part, i looked through my most recent save .sfs file and while i see advExploration and its unlocked parts i cant seem to find the upgrades that go along with any of the tech tree nodes. searching for stuff like "upgrade" "tv" and "tranquility" didnt pull up anything so im wondering what exactly you edited?

2 hours ago, Stanbery Trask said:

yeah im seeing the same thing, hitchhikers and some other crew parts costing √33,500.00 more than base along with the "+ √33,500.00" to almost every part, i looked through my most recent save .sfs file and while i see advExploration and its unlocked parts i cant seem to find the upgrades that go along with any of the tech tree nodes. searching for stuff like "upgrade" "tv" and "tranquility" didnt pull up anything so im wondering what exactly you edited?

In my save game, I was able to locate the following lines:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PartUpgradeManager
        scene = 6, 5, 7
        UPGRADES
        {
            Unlocks
            {
                HDD-Upgrade1 = True
                Unmanned-Upgrade1 = True
                Goo-Storage-Upgrade = True
                HDD-Upgrade2 = True
                SampleCapacity-Upgrade1 = True
                Upgrade-Slots = True
                Crew-Upgrade1 = True
                Upgrade-TV = False
                SampleCapacity-Upgrade2 = True
                HDD-Upgrade3 = True
            }
            Enableds
            {
            }
        }
    }

I changed Upgrade-TV to false as you see above and everything seems to work fine.

1 hour ago, Empiro said:

I changed Upgrade-TV to false as you see above and everything seems to work fine.

hmmm, i have that same snippet but the unlocks field was blank and filling it with what you have didnt seem to work, and i made sure to restart the game and load from the save i modified. ~~i guess i'll go make a github issue if there isnt one already~~

scratch that, <https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/851> describes how to reduce the cost

Edited by Stanbery Trask

2 hours ago, Empiro said:

my save had the same snippet but the upgrades field was blank, filling it in didnt seem to work but i found <https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/851> this GH issue that seems to work

1 hour ago, Stanbery Trask said:

my save had the same snippet but the upgrades field was blank, filling it in didnt seem to work but i found <https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/851> this GH issue that seems to work

In my game, I have unlock all nodes set to false, and have to buy the parts and unlocks, so maybe that's why. In either case, I'm glad there's already an open issue about it, and hopefully it'll become optional (and not have the extra +funds text) going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible bug on Chemical Plant

I brought a plant set up for Water Electrolysis up to a station and when it was running, I noticed no water being generated... When I looked into details in alternate resource panel, I could see that when the water electrolysis was running, I was making 4 ec per second of electricity, and it was taking 2H and 1 O2 out of tanks. 

Somehow, the electrolysis is working as a hydrogen fuel cell but only putting out 5ec 

Log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AszZjw7kTT6zg7J-fKjaCXfll5RzRw?e=cIU3Xt

When I have the map view or tracking station up and look at the radiation belts when I'm zoomed out the radiation belt shudders/shakes/vibrates...it doesnt move much but when youre looking at it it looks like its doing it uncontrollably...anyone else have this problem or know whats going on?

4 hours ago, jebalicious said:

When I have the map view or tracking station up and look at the radiation belts when I'm zoomed out the radiation belt shudders/shakes/vibrates...it doesnt move much but when youre looking at it it looks like its doing it uncontrollably...anyone else have this problem or know whats going on?

the radiation belt really moves. the one at jool oscillates around its axis, and its axis rotate slowly to always pull away from the sun. not sure aboout the other belts, the one at jool is the only one of consequence. not sure if you meant that. if you are not using time warp and you see the belt moving, that's not what's supposed to be

4 hours ago, NaviG said:

When i get a engine failure, the engine keeps sounding and the animation that are related to ground (smoke) too. Did anyone have this bug too?  I ended disabling these failures by the moment

yeah, it keeps making smoke. it doesn't do anything, thoug. it's only a visual issue

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

yeah, it keeps making smoke. it doesn't do anything, thoug. it's only a visual issue

That wouldn't be a problem, but the sound is, indeed. You stop your throttle and it keeps sounding, feels like the vessel is not under control, haha, + is a little annoying.

2 hours ago, NaviG said:

That wouldn't be a problem, but the sound is, indeed. You stop your throttle and it keeps sounding, feels like the vessel is not under control, haha, + is a little annoying.

if you are interested in ... creative solutions, you could edit the save file to fix the engine. then, for fairness, keep the engine shut down. you have to look among the part list on the ship for something looking like "broken = yes"

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I could find a support config for Benjee10's Planetside Exploration Technologies? Almost everything works out-of-the-box, but the greenhouse part and inflatable attic part in it don't work at all, and those are two of the best parts in the mod. I would write a small config for those myself but I have absolutely no idea how to code.

Edit: To anyone looking for it, I finally found one HERE.

Edited by SpudNutimus

• 2 weeks later...

I have Kerbalism installed and the radiation belts vibrate/shake back and forth (more noticible on time warp) and its a great distraction to the eyes...any ideas what causes it?

Update SOLVED: I have solved this thanks to LGhassen getting back to me on GitHubb. If anyone else experiances it open up Scatterer (Little blue ord icon) and diable anitaliasing.

Edited by jebalicious
Fixed

I'm thinking of adding an automation layer on top of Kerbalism. Basically something that would allow you to build a decent-sized remote colony or space station by flying in the parts, but not having to fly each mission yourself. Something like you just order part X be shipped to location Y and a rocket of your design is automatically dispatched to do it. Or say you have a crew of Kerbals on EVA working on the surface all walking around on their own building parts and assembling them together based on your orders. Basically just pulling back the camera and level of abstraction so gameplay is more along the lines of Banished/Rimworld/Planetbase. How hard would that be to do within the existing framework, and what would be the best way to hook into the existing code?

3 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

Are there any mods that add probes with more storage space? I'm talking about some gigabytes. From what I could see, it looks like the biggest probe's capacity is just 1MB.

If you right click on the probe core in the editor, as well as options for durability and experiments,  there should be an option for the storage capacity of the probe. I believe larger capacities are also unlocked through research.

Edited by TV4Fun

On 4/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, TV4Fun said:

I'm thinking of adding an automation layer on top of Kerbalism. Basically something that would allow you to build a decent-sized remote colony or space station by flying in the parts, but not having to fly each mission yourself. Something like you just order part X be shipped to location Y and a rocket of your design is automatically dispatched to do it. Or say you have a crew of Kerbals on EVA working on the surface all walking around on their own building parts and assembling them together based on your orders. Basically just pulling back the camera and level of abstraction so gameplay is more along the lines of Banished/Rimworld/Planetbase. How hard would that be to do within the existing framework, and what would be the best way to hook into the existing code?

This may do some of what you want, though you need to deliver the exact package you want to copy later, you can't swap in items.