Jump to content

[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11


Sir Mortimer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Having a problem here with KSP RP1. I tried making a crewed orbital and my kerbal dies from suffocation. But I don't know why. It has all the capsule resources full and all proccesses on. I even added an extra lifesupport system+liquid oxygen.

 

And I am not talking they died after 3 weeks in space. My kerbals suffocte not even 2 minutes after lunch, I haven't even finished making an orbit. And the mod doesn't tell me why, all I see is the breathing stat increasing until they die. What am I missing here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody know how to change or disable "show radiation belts" hotkeys in Kerbalism?

I cannot use stock maneuver editor because it's so less convenient than precise maneuver mod, where you use numpad hotkeys to change node quickly  and, you know, precisely.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, evileye.x said:

Does anybody know how to change or disable "show radiation belts" hotkeys in Kerbalism?

I cannot use stock maneuver editor because it's so less convenient than precise maneuver mod, where you use numpad hotkeys to change node quickly  and, you know, precisely.

 

:(Unfortunately, the keybindings (see: Unity-Keycode) are hard-coded into the build (in the render()-function of the radiation class; see github: "...Kerbalism/Radiation/Radiation.cs" from line 491 to 538).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, Sesshaku said:

Having a problem here with KSP RP1. I tried making a crewed orbital and my kerbal dies from suffocation. But I don't know why. It has all the capsule resources full and all proccesses on. I even added an extra lifesupport system+liquid oxygen.

 

And I am not talking they died after 3 weeks in space. My kerbals suffocte not even 2 minutes after lunch, I haven't even finished making an orbit. And the mod doesn't tell me why, all I see is the breathing stat increasing until they die. What am I missing here?

give us some pictures, please. there can be a variety of reasons, but it's hard to tell without knowing your ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!, im trying to figure out how the deployable science experiments work, but to no avail. Currently this is my setup.

20210613215153-1.jpg

As you can see, I have enought power for the control station and Go-ob ED monitor.  I also have full coverage of the Mun, so this Site is never without conexion to Kerbin. Yet, the data produced is not been transmitted, and is not shown on the kerbalism menu.

What am I missing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

As you can see, I have enought power for the control station and Go-ob ED monitor.  I also have full coverage of the Mun, so this Site is never without conexion to Kerbin. Yet, the data produced is not been transmitted, and is not shown on the kerbalism menu.

What am I missing?

You need the deployable antenna linked to your control station. Like in stock, the control station only has an internal low range antenna which is only for control and can't transmit data.
Edit : Actually I'm not sure, looks like from your screenshot that the control station has a data antenna.

There is also the stock thing that trigger transmissions only after X % of data generated (5 or 10 %, can't remember). Try timewarping a bit.

Edited by Gotmachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, Gotmachine said:

You need the deployable antenna linked to your control station. Like in stock, the control station only has an internal low range antenna which is only for control and can't transmit data.
Edit : Actually I'm not sure, looks like from your screenshot that the control station has a data antenna.

There is also the stock thing that trigger transmissions only after X % of data generated (5 or 10 %, can't remember). Try timewarping a bit.

I have the same issue, but not sure if this is a Kerbalism issue. My Go-ob ED Monitor actually says 10% were transmitted, however the contract matching that is not updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found a bug, or a feature I don't understand. When inside a hitchhiker on the Mun's surface, at night, with an RTG attached, the environment pane under info said Radiation =10 mrad/h. Habitat Radiation with shielding is 4.241 mrad/h. After removing the RTG, Radiation fell to  0.011 mrad/h, but Habitat Radiation remained at 4.241 mrad/h.

A kerbal outside standing immediately next to it shows radiation of just 0.01 mrad/h.

What explains this difference?

KSP log| Notable mods: JNSQ, (Parallax?)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Inside, no RTG

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Inside, with RTG

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Outside

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

 

 

Edited by EchoLima
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, was coming to report some bug. I crashed a ship and the game got incredibly slow. Not exactly frozen but the surviving parts were moving like a frame a sec. So I went to do something else, returned later to the computer and the debris was still moving, the kerbalism window said a science experiment was still biome «in space»

But the game didn't crash, I just quit through the menu. The log was all spammed with this:

[EXC 21:47:12.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Lib.CrewCount (ProtoVessel pv) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.VesselData.FieldsDefaultInit (ProtoVessel pv) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.VesselData..ctor (Vessel vessel) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.Reliability.FixedUpdate () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 21:47:12.619] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Lib.CrewCount (ProtoVessel pv) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.VesselData.FieldsDefaultInit (ProtoVessel pv) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.VesselData..ctor (Vessel vessel) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	KERBALISM.Reliability.FixedUpdate () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

So, not a big deal, but here it is in case it's useful

Great mod otherwise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kerbalism hard mode Grand Tour complete! Jool was evil, but other than that there were no issues. Exploiting the Kerbalism gas canisters’ ludicrous mass ratios when holding xenon (over 50 for the biggest one, compared to just 4 for a stock xenon tank) I went with xenon-powered propulsion and wrapped it all up inside 14 years. That makes it sound so easy, but the reality was rather different…

Although there was one important problem- whenever I tried to reattach a Kerbalism gas canister after removing it via stock EVA construction it caused massive explosions and wrecked my ship; unclear why that happened but it’s something I’ve seen using KIS/KAS before in previous game versions so not EVA construction related IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i made some ground experiments, and i got some... puzzling... samples from the relax experiment

tV2zGNM.png

872 tons of sample. There are a few more relax samples, all together they total over 2000 tons.

What kind of samples are those? growing up a herd of elephants with local resources? picking up a mountain and bringing it on kerbin?

Looks like a bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

What kind of samples are those? growing up a herd of elephants with local resources? picking up a mountain and bringing it on kerbin?

Yes.

2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

Looks like a bug.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Seleck said:

Could you please update it for 1.12 :)

Quick note to check this thread here.

 Add-on updates, a public service announcement. - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Basically, though: The update just released literally today, the Kerbalism team is definitely aware that their mod needs to be updated, and have no doubt started work on that.  For a mod as sophisticated as Kerbalism, this could take some doing, so patience is advised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kerbalism 3.14 for KSP 1.12 : https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/releases/tag/3.14

Should be available on CKAN and Spacedock in a few minutes.

Changelog :

  • Updated for KSP 1.12
  • Fixed missing plants comfort in kerbalism greenhouse part
  • Fixed #743 : Dmagic Orbital Science config has badly named field
  • Fixed #738 : Automation Breaks Sickbay RDU
  • Fixed #731 : Added missing Nitrogen and Ammonia entries on the Surface Scanning Module part
  • Fixed #730 : Inconsistent cost of habitat parts due to unapplied shielding costs compensation
  • Fixed #734 : Monopropellant input rate is wrong in MP Fuel Cell
  • Fixed #740 : Proper support for the SENTINEL telescope module, now consume EC and require a comms data link
  • Fixed #737 : Body experiment restriction for "Gaseous" is inverted
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SingABrightSong said:

Alternatively, they did in fact just update it for 1.12 so do enjoy!

Oh Wow, that was quick xD, I didn't need mean to be rude, just a friendly remainder 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

You need to process them into data in the Laboratory

yes, i know (and good thing i actually had a laboratory there), but 2000 tons of data still seems too much. is it actually intended that you can't return the data to kerbin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, Gotmachine said:

Kerbalism 3.14 for KSP 1.12 : https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/releases/tag/3.14

Should be available on CKAN and Spacedock in a few minutes.

Changelog :

  • Updated for KSP 1.12
  • Fixed missing plants comfort in kerbalism greenhouse part
  • Fixed #743 : Dmagic Orbital Science config has badly named field
  • Fixed #738 : Automation Breaks Sickbay RDU
  • Fixed #731 : Added missing Nitrogen and Ammonia entries on the Surface Scanning Module part
  • Fixed #730 : Inconsistent cost of habitat parts due to unapplied shielding costs compensation
  • Fixed #734 : Monopropellant input rate is wrong in MP Fuel Cell
  • Fixed #740 : Proper support for the SENTINEL telescope module, now consume EC and require a comms data link
  • Fixed #737 : Body experiment restriction for "Gaseous" is inverted

Well that was fast...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...