Jump to content

[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11


Sir Mortimer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there anyway to use other resources for radiation shielding other than shielding or is it hardcoded with the shielding resource. Also is there anyway to change the effectiveness and or the amount of shielding? I'm trying to make a long duration mission and it seems the max without active shielding in interplanetary space is 6y 367d, so I'm wondering if I can extend that with the configs somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just noticed this, and im not sure if its a bug. I was testing some of the inflatable modules in SSPX and when I clicked the "configure pod" on the VAB nothing happened, no kerbalism windows opened, but it did on the cupula part and other parts. are the inflatable parts not suppose to have a scrubber/fuelcell/pressure/control/water recicler? if they do, how do I configure them in the VAB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, Lach_01298 said:

Is there anyway to use other resources for radiation shielding other than shielding or is it hardcoded with the shielding resource. Also is there anyway to change the effectiveness and or the amount of shielding? I'm trying to make a long duration mission and it seems the max without active shielding in interplanetary space is 6y 367d, so I'm wondering if I can extend that with the configs somehow.

shielding is the only resource that does shielding, but do not despair. A few things that you may not know about shielding and radiations

- when in interplanetary space, the main source of radiations are solar storms. Those, however, come from the sun and are blocked by other parts. Make a long thin ship with a large tank at the bottom, point the tank towards the sun, and you'll be protected by solar storms

- interplanetary space still has some background radiations, however a single active shield will negate that. it's 2.5 tons, you can afford it

- the hitchhicker containers have a "radiation decontamination unit", it will reduce kerbal radiation exposure by roughly 1% every 4 days and it works on one kerbal at a time, even if you have four of them inside. it's definitely not enough to cover you alone, but it more than compensates for the small amount of damage you take in interplanetary space. be aware that the RDU consumes some oxygen to work, turning it into CO2, but if you have a chemical plant to recycle co2, it won't be a problem. in fact, it doubles as a convenient source of carbon, to work some greenhouses. though i do not recommend greenhouses unless you are doing something really crazy like my projects.

 

the first kerbalism grand tour i took, radiations were the major problem and the big scare. After that, I learned how to deal with them, and in subsequent grand tours they have been of no concern. Except when visiting the inner moons of jool, but for the rest of the time radiations could be ignored with the right preparation.

Edited by king of nowhere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, Lach_01298 said:

Is there anyway to use other resources for radiation shielding other than shielding or is it hardcoded with the shielding resource. Also is there anyway to change the effectiveness and or the amount of shielding? I'm trying to make a long duration mission and it seems the max without active shielding in interplanetary space is 6y 367d, so I'm wondering if I can extend that with the configs somehow.

You can adjust shielding efficiency in the difficulty settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, king of nowhere said:

shielding is the only resource that does shielding, but do not despair. A few things that you may not know about shielding and radiations

- when in interplanetary space, the main source of radiations are solar storms. Those, however, come from the sun and are blocked by other parts. Make a long thin ship with a large tank at the bottom, point the tank towards the sun, and you'll be protected by solar storms

- interplanetary space still has some background radiations, however a single active shield will negate that. it's 2.5 tons, you can afford it

- the hitchhicker containers have a "radiation decontamination unit", it will reduce kerbal radiation exposure by roughly 1% every 4 days and it works on one kerbal at a time, even if you have four of them inside. it's definitely not enough to cover you alone, but it more than compensates for the small amount of damage you take in interplanetary space. be aware that the RDU consumes some oxygen to work, turning it into CO2, but if you have a chemical plant to recycle co2, it won't be a problem. in fact, it doubles as a convenient source of carbon, to work some greenhouses. though i do not recommend greenhouses unless you are doing something really crazy like my projects.

 

the first kerbalism grand tour i took, radiations were the major problem and the big scare. After that, I learned how to deal with them, and in subsequent grand tours they have been of no concern. Except when visiting the inner moons of jool, but for the rest of the time radiations could be ignored with the right preparation.

Speaking of big projects and Kerbalism ....

I continually fail to build even a smallish space station in Kerbin orbit. Anytime I use autostruts (even just "autostrut to grandparent" on anything, the entire station gets warped and crumbled upon loading it. Which leaves me not using any autostruts at all and the station as a wobbly mess that goes crazy anytime I even TRY to turn RCS on. I have heard rumors that the autostrut-crumble-of-death may be a thing related to Kerbalism. Is this true? If not - what would be the way to get a station with modules connected by normal docking ports not wobbly as hell?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

Speaking of big projects and Kerbalism ....

I continually fail to build even a smallish space station in Kerbin orbit. Anytime I use autostruts (even just "autostrut to grandparent" on anything, the entire station gets warped and crumbled upon loading it. Which leaves me not using any autostruts at all and the station as a wobbly mess that goes crazy anytime I even TRY to turn RCS on. I have heard rumors that the autostrut-crumble-of-death may be a thing related to Kerbalism. Is this true? If not - what would be the way to get a station with modules connected by normal docking ports not wobbly as hell?

It's not a Kerbalism thing as far as I know.

You can try Kerbal joint reinforcement, or maybe even World Stabilizer, but I think that's for ground bases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

It's not a Kerbalism thing as far as I know.

You can try Kerbal joint reinforcement, or maybe even World Stabilizer, but I think that's for ground bases.

Well, I am not an expert. BUT. I just created a clean install with all the mods except Kerbalism and built a station around a docking node cube with regular docking ports and applied ample autostruts, uneven mass distribution, a big engine and tested it. The thing became wobbly under thrust and RCS went haywire - but I applied "autostrut heaviest" to the parts in the "tentacles" of the station and it became rock solid. Loading into the station, no problem. With Kerbalism - a single "autostruct to grandparent" will morph the parts into each other - even if it is something like a hitchhiker and a lab - they will become misaligned and torn upon loading...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

Speaking of big projects and Kerbalism ....

I continually fail to build even a smallish space station in Kerbin orbit. Anytime I use autostruts (even just "autostrut to grandparent" on anything, the entire station gets warped and crumbled upon loading it. Which leaves me not using any autostruts at all and the station as a wobbly mess that goes crazy anytime I even TRY to turn RCS on. I have heard rumors that the autostrut-crumble-of-death may be a thing related to Kerbalism. Is this true? If not - what would be the way to get a station with modules connected by normal docking ports not wobbly as hell?

it's not just a kerbalism thing, but kerbalism appears to make it worse. also, sometimes it twists some parts around (an extreme example of this bug can be seen in this picture:

Spoiler

olDZQTA.png

But it rarely causes a ship to explode, and sometimes it reverts spontaneously, so it's almost harmless. it does cause huge aerodinamic problems if you're stuck with it in an atmosphere, though)

Still, I have managed to launch and assemble into space this monstruosity

Spoiler

OoALoyI.png

so it can be done. I don't know your problem with autostruts. to stabilize my highly precarious structure, i autostratted virtually every part. at least every major fuel tank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

it's not just a kerbalism thing, but kerbalism appears to make it worse. also, sometimes it twists some parts around (an extreme example of this bug can be seen in this picture:

  Reveal hidden contents

olDZQTA.png

But it rarely causes a ship to explode, and sometimes it reverts spontaneously, so it's almost harmless. it does cause huge aerodinamic problems if you're stuck with it in an atmosphere, though)

Still, I have managed to launch and assemble into space this monstruosity

  Reveal hidden contents

OoALoyI.png

so it can be done. I don't know your problem with autostruts. to stabilize my highly precarious structure, i autostratted virtually every part. at least every major fuel tank.

Maybe I was on the wrong track all along. There appears to be a bug with docking ports in 1.12.2  that makes any physical stress on a vessel (including bending and such) permanent and that gets exascerbated every time a vessel is loaded. So, the crumbling of vessels may be a result of that bug only exaggerated by autostruts. Could autostruts be the symptom, not the disease? 

All I really want is to have a stable Kerbalism build in 1.12.2 that I can build a career upon, sigh ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

Maybe I was on the wrong track all along. There appears to be a bug with docking ports in 1.12.2  that makes any physical stress on a vessel (including bending and such) permanent and that gets exascerbated every time a vessel is loaded. So, the crumbling of vessels may be a result of that bug only exaggerated by autostruts. Could autostruts be the symptom, not the disease? 

All I really want is to have a stable Kerbalism build in 1.12.2 that I can build a career upon, sigh ....

@Wowa IlyichYou could try konstruction that lets you weld docking ports, making your stations more solid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

I have heard rumors that the autostrut-crumble-of-death may be a thing related to Kerbalism. Is this true?

It's a stock bug, not caused by Kerbalism, but Kerbalism (as well as other data-heavy mods) make it more likely to happen.
It will also happen way more often if you have increased the "Max physics delta-time per frame" setting in the main menu settings > "general" tab.
In case you have changed it, I highly recommend that you set it back to the default 0.04 value.

See https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPCommunityFixes/issues/9 for details on that issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gotmachine said:

It's a stock bug, not caused by Kerbalism, but Kerbalism (as well as other data-heavy mods) make it more likely to happen.
It will also happen way more often if you have increased the "Max physics delta-time per frame" setting in the main menu settings > "general" tab.
In case you have changed it, I highly recommend that you set it back to the default 0.04 value.

See https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPCommunityFixes/issues/9 for details on that issue

Thanks for your response. I would never touch sliders that I do not understand, so I did not touch the max physics delta-time. So has this bug been introduced in 1.12.x ? That would explain why King of Nowhere could assemble the insane vessels for his Kerbalism grand tour where I fail at even keeping a Hitchiker + Lab from misaligning themselves upon loading a vessel ... ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2021 at 8:33 PM, Gotmachine said:

No, this is a very old bug. If you are able to reproduce it consistently in a Stock+Kerbalism only (or even with a few mods) install, I'm interested in getting my hands on your save.

Happy to oblige, let me know per DM how to get the file to you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Wowa Ilyich I've done some work to identify and fix that bug. I implemented a fix in a beta version of the KSPCommunityFixes mod.

You can download that beta version here : https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPCommunityFixes/releases/tag/1.0.5-b1
Note that this is for KSP 1.12.2 only, it will crash with older KSP versions (but that bug is quite old).
Please report if that fixes your issue.

Edited by Gotmachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I made a few configs for the new parts of  Stock Station Parts Redux. You can add them at the end of to the existing SSPX.cfg in KerbalismConfig/Support, or in a different file (just make sure it comes after SSPX.cfg,  otherwise some errors happen).

Spoiler
// ============================================================================
// region Habitat + Gravity Ring
// ============================================================================
@PART[sspx-expandable-centrifuge-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,FeatureComfort]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Habitat
		state = disabled
		inflatableUsingRigidWalls = True
		volume = 350.0
		surface = 530.0
	}

	MODULE
	{
		name = GravityRing
		ec_rate = 2.5
		animBackwards = True
		deploy = CentrifugeCollapse
		rotate = B_SpinCore
		deployed = False
		rotateIsTransform = True
		SpinRate = -35
		SpinAccelerationRate = 1

		counterWeightRotate = B_Counterweight
		counterWeightSpinRate = 70.0
		counterWeightSpinAccelerationRate = 2
	}

	!MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge] {} // Functionality is replaced by ModuleHabitat
}
// end

// ============================================================================
// region Comfort providers
// ============================================================================

@PART[sspx-cupola-1875-1|sspx-dome-cupola-5-1|sspx-cupola-telescope-125-1|sspx-cupola-greenhouse-125-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,FeatureComfort]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]
	{
		name = Comfort
		desc = The very best space observation experience.
		bonus = panorama
	}

	@tags ^= :$: comfort:
}
@PART[sspx-habitation-5-1|sspx-habitation-5-2|sspx-dome-habitation-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,FeatureComfort]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]
	{
		name = Comfort
		desc = It has included a rotation system that simulates gravity. The crew will love it.
		bonus = exercise
	}

	MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]
	{
		name = Reliability
		type = Comfort
		title = Treadmill
		repair = Engineer
		mtbf = 36288000
		extra_cost = 0.25
		extra_mass = 0.05
	}
}

// centrifuge has both confort (panorama & exercise)
@PART[sspx-expandable-centrifuge-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,FeatureComfort]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]
	{
		name = Comfort
		desc = Some low-g exercise equipment is included. The crew will love it.
		bonus = exercise
	}
		MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]
	{
		name = Comfort
		desc = The very best space observation experience.
		bonus = panorama
	}
}
// end

// ============================================================================
// region Sickbay
// added by Gordon Dry
// ============================================================================

@PART[sspx-habitation-1875-1|sspx-habitation-1875-2|sspx-habitation-25-1|sspx-habitation-5-1|sspx-habitation-5-2|sspx-dome-habitation-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,FeatureHabitat,FeatureRadiation]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE {
		name = Sickbay
		resource = _SickbayRDU
		title = RDU
		desc = The Radiation Detoxication Unit (RDU) uses EC and Oxygen to reduce the effects of radiation poisoning.
		slots = 0

		UPGRADES {
			UPGRADE {
				name__ = Upgrade-HitchhikerRDU
				techRequired__ = advScienceTech
				slots = 1
			}
		}
	}
}
// end

// ============================================================================
// region Greenhouses
// ============================================================================
@PART[sspx-greenhouse-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
		MODULE
	{
		name = Greenhouse
		crop_resource = Food								// name of resource produced by harvests
		// 12 as effective as kerbalism-greenhouse part. 
		// See https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172400-131145-kerbalism-v180/&page=32&tab=comments#comment-3446891 for details.

		// This greenhouse has 2 sections! 2 staged crops in rotation, each harvest is 2 times smaller.
		crop_size = 165.375									// 2 times less harvest than 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		crop_rate = 0.00000046296					 // but you can harvest 2 times more often due to independent sections!
		ec_rate = 30												 // 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		light_tolerance = 400.0						 // minimum lighting flux required for growth, in W/m^2
		pressure_tolerance = 0.1						// minimum pressure required for growth, in sea level atmospheres
		radiation_tolerance = 0.000008333	 // maximum radiation allowed for growth in rad/s, considered after shielding is applied

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Ammonia
			rate = 0.0011484375							// 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Water
			rate = 0.0000382812							 // 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = WasteAtmosphere						// Plants work on WasteAtmosphere and replace a scrubber, if not enough WasteAtmosphere exists then CO2 is used
			rate = 0.0149495970							 // 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = CarbonDioxide							// Kerbals don't provide enough WasteAtmosphere for their required food production. If excess WasteAtmosphere is
																				// present then it will be used in place of CO2 injection
			rate = 0.00498319890							// 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		// Note. if there is a deficiency in the amount of WasteAtmosphere needed then the missing amount of WasteAtmosphere will be added to the
		// CarbonDioxide input and Vies Versa if not enough CarbonDioxide is present and there is extra WasteAtmosphere.
		// If there is not enough resources then the plants will suffer.

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Oxygen
			rate = 0.020685579							 // 1200% of oxygen required by 1 crew member
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ammonia
		amount = 3264												// 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 3264
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 54000											 // 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 54000
	}

	// To support pressure control
	@MODULE[Configure]
	{
		@SETUP[Pressure?Control]
		{
			!RESOURCE[Nitrogen] {}
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Nitrogen
		amount = 10000											// 1x"kerbalism-greenhouse" as it does not mess with crops
		maxAmount = 10000
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 132												 // 12x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 132
	}

}

@PART[sspx-dome-greenhouse-5-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Greenhouse

		crop_resource = Food								// name of resource produced by harvests
		// Twice as effective as kerbalism-greenhouse part. 
		// See https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172400-131145-kerbalism-v180/&page=32&tab=comments#comment-3446891 for details.

		// This is a surface greenhouse. For the time, it acts as the 375m greenhouse, as it cant have different crops, so just 1 big harvest. 
		crop_size = 55.125									// 2x kerbalism-greenhouse
		crop_rate = 0.00000023148					 // regular growth speed
		ec_rate = 5												 // 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		light_tolerance = 400.0						 // minimum lighting flux required for growth, in W/m^2
		pressure_tolerance = 0.1						// minimum pressure required for growth, in sea level atmospheres
		radiation_tolerance = 0.000008333	 // maximum radiation allowed for growth in rad/s, considered after shielding is applied

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Ammonia
			rate = 0.00019140625							// 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Water
			rate = 0.0000063802							 // 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = WasteAtmosphere						// Plants work on WasteAtmosphere and replace a scrubber, if not enough WasteAtmosphere exists then CO2 is used
			rate = 0.0024915995							 // 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = CarbonDioxide							// Kerbals don't provide enough WasteAtmosphere for their required food production. If excess WasteAtmosphere is
																				// present then it will be used in place of CO2 injection
			rate = 0.00083053315							// 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		// Note. if there is a deficiency in the amount of WasteAtmosphere needed then the missing amount of WasteAtmosphere will be added to the
		// CarbonDioxide input and Vies Versa if not enough CarbonDioxide is present and there is extra WasteAtmosphere.
		// If there is not enough resources then the plants will suffer.

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Oxygen
			rate = 0.0034475965							 // 200% of oxygen required by 1 crew member
		}
	}

	//	Concider those nice IVA tanks and closets for increasing current resource capacity. I won't touch em for now.
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ammonia
		amount = 544												// 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 544
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 9000											 // 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 9000
	}

	// To support pressure control
	@MODULE[Configure]
	{
		@SETUP[Pressure?Control]
		{
		!RESOURCE[Nitrogen] {}
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Nitrogen
		amount = 10000											// 1x"kerbalism-greenhouse" as it does not mess with crops
		maxAmount = 10000
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 22												 // 2x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 22
	}
}

@PART[sspx-cupola-greenhouse-125-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Greenhouse

		crop_resource = Food								// name of resource produced by harvests
		// 90 times less effective as kerbalism-greenhouse part. 
		// See https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172400-131145-kerbalism-v180/&page=32&tab=comments#comment-3446891 for details.

		// This is a VERY small greenhouse, 90 times less crops than Kerbalism-greenhouse
		crop_size = 0.30625									// 1/90 x kerbalism-greenhouse
		crop_rate = 0.00000046296					 // 2 times regular growth speed
		ec_rate = 0.0278												 // 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		light_tolerance = 400.0						 // minimum lighting flux required for growth, in W/m^2
		pressure_tolerance = 0.1						// minimum pressure required for growth, in sea level atmospheres
		radiation_tolerance = 0.000008333	 // maximum radiation allowed for growth in rad/s, considered after shielding is applied

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Ammonia
			rate = 0.00000106337							// 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Water
			rate = 0.0000000354							 // 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = WasteAtmosphere						// Plants work on WasteAtmosphere and replace a scrubber, if not enough WasteAtmosphere exists then CO2 is used
			rate = 0.0000138422							 // 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = CarbonDioxide							// Kerbals don't provide enough WasteAtmosphere for their required food production. If excess WasteAtmosphere is
																				// present then it will be used in place of CO2 injection
			rate = 0.00000461407							// 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		}

		// Note. if there is a deficiency in the amount of WasteAtmosphere needed then the missing amount of WasteAtmosphere will be added to the
		// CarbonDioxide input and Vies Versa if not enough CarbonDioxide is present and there is extra WasteAtmosphere.
		// If there is not enough resources then the plants will suffer.

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Oxygen
			rate = 0.0000191533							 // 1.1% of oxygen required by 1 crew member
		}
	}

	
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ammonia
		amount = 5												// 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 5
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 50											 // 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 50
	}

	// To support pressure control
	@MODULE[Configure]
	{
		@SETUP[Pressure?Control]
		{
		!RESOURCE[Nitrogen] {}
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Nitrogen
		amount = 110											// 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse" as it does not mess with crops
		maxAmount = 110
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 0.12												 // 1/90x"kerbalism-greenhouse"
		maxAmount = 0.12
	}
}
// end

 

They seem to work fine on my save :)

Edited by SiCaRiO31
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an issue with one of the science experiments.  I'm playing RSS/RO/RP-1  and im trying to do supersonic science with the bell-1 cockpit.  It has 7 science completed out of 16 or so, but says "depleted" every time I launch the plane.  Even a newly built plane has the same issue. Im flying at the altitude and speed required. How do I refresh the science experiment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jinnantonix said:

I have a simple question.  I have collected science in a Materials study, but cant recover the samples by returning them to Kerbin.  If I just delete the Science Jnr part containing the samples, can I now redo the sample collection? 

You shouldn’t have to even do that- there’s a button labeled “force run” in the experiment panel (can be accessed from the main Kerbalism menu) that will allow you to gather it again.

I would also pay attention to that craft, because it’s possible that it’ll keep running after it collects all the data it needs- which will show up in the data menu- creating a lot of excess sample mass.

2 hours ago, IronHide4 said:

I have an issue with one of the science experiments.  I'm playing RSS/RO/RP-1  and im trying to do supersonic science with the bell-1 cockpit.  It has 7 science completed out of 16 or so, but says "depleted" every time I launch the plane.  Even a newly built plane has the same issue. Im flying at the altitude and speed required. How do I refresh the science experiment?

My solution for that has always been to re-root to my X-plane’s fuel tank, note the configurations of the X-1 cockpit I have attached, detach it, replace it with a new cockpit from the part selector window, and configure it as it was.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that there were no hard drive sizes for the RLA-Continued and two of the three Restock+ cores, so I've sent in a pull request adding those. I also added the MPO and MTM parts. For these however, I note that most of the stock parts are localized, but obviously I can't do that singlehandedly. I hope how I did it isn't too inelegant, if there's anything I can do to arrange things better I'm happy to try to help.

I saw there was talk in early 2020 of building an automated calculation, which I assume is going to be a Kerbalism 4 feature if anything. In the meantime, for my own enjoyment (ie. hours of fiddling with a spreadsheet and poking around part cfgs like a sicko), I wrote up some numbers that I think make as much sense as they can. These values are calculated by taking the part mass, removing what can be attributed to batteries and gyros (20k EC/ton and 100 torque/ton), multiplying the remaining mass by the cost, and then by a constant related to the tech tier. The RoveMate and MK2 core are halved because of sample storage and durability, respectively. I fiddled the constants to keep the changes to stock parts pretty small, albeit mostly upwards. However, you now really get bang for your buck with the tier 8 parts, where the high cost leads to some huge hard drives.

Anyways, thanks for the cool mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like the setting not to show notifications for solar weather events doesn't work. At least, in my game it's off, but I still get notifications (and, what's much more annoying, time unwarp) every couple of days about a detected CME and then again when it hits Kerbin. I'm playing KSP 1.12.2 and Kerbalism 3.14 with JNSQ 0.9.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, garwel said:

It looks like the setting not to show notifications for solar weather events doesn't work.

Changing the "difficulty setting" option doesn't change it for existing vessels, it only change the default value on the future vessels you will launch. To change it on existing vessels, you need to go to the "cfg" tab of each vessel (in the Kerbalism flight UI).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but anyway.

I have an issue, when I try to launch a craft with the 1.25m Supply Container it's shown a popup saying that I haven't unlocked that part as you see on the second image.

As you see on the first image I've unlocked and bought that part but when I enter the VAB only shows the smallests supply containers and don't the 1.25m Supply Container as you see on image three. I'm playing in 1.11.2 version.

My log file is this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zyGsfpoRIPiKgG_osv98aeiRE2xgLFo0/view?usp=sharing

 

M9wvig2.png

3KzH6vw.png

ZcoeH7H.png

Edited by zeant93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...