[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

Hi all, I think I've got a reasonably controlled example of the kraken attack Gotmachine was talking about in his/her posts of 5 Sept (a couple of pages back). Apologies if this is in the wrong place to be posting or whatever - I'm new.

I can reproduce it consistently with autostruts turned on, and subsequent to a series of set-up steps. The before shot was taken post launch into a 200km JNSQ orbit with a couple of course adjustments and warps, and in and out of map mode. No quick saves. No problems so far.

The after shot was taken subsequent to switching to another vessel in LKO with a small course adjustment to that vessel, and then switching back again. As sure as night follows day it will engineer a kraken attack. With autostruts off, nothing happens.

There's something similar going on around docking port use, but I haven't been able to control that properly yet.

Anyway, just thought this might be useful to someone. It's a deal-breaker for me I think. It's so regular now with larger vessels that the game has become almost unplayable. I strongly suspect it's Kerbalism and the load it puts on my CPU, so very sadly am incline to rebuild a game without it.

User98

Before:

UlyT8UK.png

And after:

QOCChTx.png

I try to actively avoid any and all autostruts on vessels that aren’t in atmospheric flight, with the sole exceptions of autostrutting engines to the root part during burns to improve stability at higher physics warps. Autostruts seem to be a recipe for immediate craft mangling anywhere else, so much so that I’ll regularly edit my save files to remove them. Especially “force heaviest” and “force grandparent”, those are the worst as they can’t be turned off in game.

@Starslinger999 I believe there’s an option to add the fish experiment to a lab when Kerbalism and SSPX are installed together, it works like CHILLED in that it needs a fish tank module on the ship to run. It might also be possible to adapt the code for the greenhouse to make growing fish for food possible, but what would you feed the fish?

Hi, I'm trying to use Kerbalism with Realism Overhaul.

It's working fine in sandbox mode, but in career mode I can't seem to configure any processors or scrubbers. Even when I give myself all the science using the cheat menu. So what could I be missing? Thanks

21 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Yes, I installed Kerbalism using CKAN, including the RO config files. The thing is that in career/science mode the sub windows  for scrubbers and processes don't pop up at all in the VAB. While in sandbox mode on the same installation they do. So I'm thinking it's a science/tech issue?

I tried unlocking all tech with the cheat mode but that made no difference. Also tried with and without the "community tech tree" mod.

1 hour ago, RocketRyleigh said:

PersistentRotation

Looking good on my side.

1 hour ago, RocketRyleigh said:

BetterTimeWarp

Not sure, though I removed it for some suspicion. And besides that, I don't need slow-motion etc.

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Looking good on my side.

Not sure, though I removed it for some suspicion. And besides that, I don't need slow-motion etc.

That would've been my first guess at compatibility. BetterTimeWarp seemed inherently more overlapping, but then I was just thinking about any mods adding background anything in questioning PersistentRotation.

Works for me though, thanks AGAIN @Gordon Dry. PR is the important one anyways, and I don't really want slow-mo either, it'd just've been for general improved timewarping, but I don't care really.