[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

8 hours ago, IceCube said:

I can see it too on the pods. But not on the mystery goo nor the materials bay. Apologies just realized I was not specific enough in the description initially

Do you mind having a quick look with those parts please?

That's intentional, and was an oversight before. The mystery goo container contains just enough storage space to be able to run one experiment, it never was supposed to be tweakable and isn't supposed to be used by anything else. You can move whatever science results are stored in a goo container to other storages, tho (click on "transfer data here" on a command pod, for instance). The youtube science tutorial covers that and some more.

First of all: big thanks for making this mod.

Some things I wonder about:
-No parts generate any heat, radiators are not needed. Is this a feature of Kerbalism? (or caused by some other mod)
-Is there anyway to automate greenhouse and hydroponics harvesting?

1 hour ago, Sir Mortimer said:

That's intentional, and was an oversight before. The mystery goo container contains just enough storage space to be able to run one experiment, it never was supposed to be tweakable and isn't supposed to be used by anything else. You can move whatever science results are stored in a goo container to other storages, tho (click on "transfer data here" on a command pod, for instance). The youtube science tutorial covers that and some more.

Ok it is intentional! Understand where you are coming from I was just using it as an additional storage space for my experiments lol. All good for the mechanic I am already using it.

One small thing though. Before we could see on the science experiment UI how many slots were available. In the research tree there is still some ways to increase the storage of the mystery goo I believe. So If I understand your point well, when your mystery goo has increased capacity you can still store several experiments but you are not able to configure how many slots you want the experiment to have in the VAB. is this correct?

58 minutes ago, IceCube said:

In the research tree there is still some ways to increase the storage of the mystery goo I believe. So If I understand your point well, when your mystery goo has increased capacity you can still store several experiments but you are not able to configure how many slots you want the experiment to have in the VAB. is this correct?

The goo is supposed to have enough storage space to run all the experiments it can, without having to offload results to other storages first. So if you can do 3 goos with one canister (that's what the upgrade allows you to do), you also should get 3 sample slots in that canister. This allows you to go to a moon and get space high + space low + surface with just one part. 

1 hour ago, Diegonaut said:

-No parts generate any heat, radiators are not needed. Is this a feature of Kerbalism? (or caused by some other mod)

It's a "feature" of Kerbalism. Actually it comes from a limitation, we cannot do heat simulations for unloaded vessels (think a drill mining ore in the background), so we don't do it at all. 

1 hour ago, Diegonaut said:

Not yet, and this is one of my personal gripes with the greenhouse. I'd like to add some kind of mechanic that automates harvests when there is an engineer or a scientist on board, but that's just an idea for now.

Hey guys.

Q1: Is it intended that the Station Parts Extension Redux' Greenhouse fully grows crops in 5 days and yields 3 food?

I mean... I really like the model but its really unconvenient to stop warp every 5 days while flying to Jool to harvest 3 food.

Its okay, I know I can alter the config files.

Q2: Is there a way to automate the harvesting process without need to switch to the craft and harvest it manually?

Thanks in advance!
And thank you dear Sir for maintaining, supporting and (taking part in?) creating this awesome mod!

Edited by atomontage

2 hours ago, atomontage said:

Hey guys.

Q1: Is it intended that the Station Parts Extension Redux' Greenhouse fully grows crops in 5 days and yields 3 food?

I mean... I really like the model but its really unconvenient to stop warp every 5 days while flying to Jool to harvest 3 food.

Its okay, I know I can alter the config files.

Q2: Is there a way to automate the harvesting process without need to switch to the craft and harvest it manually?

Thanks in advance!
And thank you dear Sir for maintaining, supporting and (taking part in?) creating this awesome mod!

8 hours ago, Diegonaut said:

Not sure about harvesting automation.  

One of the SSPX greenhouses does indeed do 5 food every three days.  When you look at the part it was designed (modeled) on a rotating harvest so the idea is that you get a constant supply of fresh food rather than a lump of it every five months (or whatever the other greenhouses do).  Obviously without Kerbalism (or any supported LS mod, the greenhouse does nothing.

Peace.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Despite the MM patch claiming that the habitat module replaces the inflation capability, I can't inflate parts from SSPX and I can't configure their habitats either. Here's the part as dumped by MM:
https://hastebin.com/xejudukesu.cfg

PART
{
	name = sspx-inflatable-hab-125-1
	module = Part
	author = Chris Adderley
	scale = 1.0
	rescaleFactor = 1
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.9737996, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.9737996, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.6253833, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1
	TechRequired = advancedSupport
	entryCost = 18500
	cost = 7000
	category = Utility
	subcategory = 0
	title = PTD-E-2 'Eclair' Inflatable Habitation Module
	manufacturer = Kerbalmax Industries
	description = The large model PTD-series inflatable crew container allows a lot more living space for the same mass as a rigid container. Holds up to six crewmembers in relative comfort once expanded.
	bulkheadProfiles = size1
	attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
	mass = 3
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 15
	breakingForce = 50
	breakingTorque = 50
	maxTemp = 1000
	skinMaxTemp = 2000
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	tags = sspx base contain outpost statio (stor tube inflat expand (hab liv eclair
	vesselType = Station
	CrewCapacity = 6
	MODEL
	{
		model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Common/sspx-endcap-125-1-alt
		position = 0.0, -1.9737996, 0.0
		scale = 1,-1,1
		rotation = 0, 0, 0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Common/sspx-endcap-125-1
		position = 0.0, 1.9737996, 0.0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0, 0, 0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-125/sspx-inflatable-hab-125-1
		position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0, 0, 0
	}
	INTERNAL
	{
		name = sspx-inflatable-hab-125-1-iva
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = endcapSwitch
		switcherDescription = Upper Mount
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = BlackHandles
			title = Classic
			transform = 125EndcapBlack
			descriptionSummary = Black endcaps with handles
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #999999
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = WhiteHandles
			title = Insulated
			transform = 125EndcapWhite
			descriptionSummary = White thermal blanket endcaps with handles
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #999999
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Black
			title = Classic (Bare)
			transform = 125EndcapBlackBare
			descriptionSummary = Black endcaps
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #000000
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = White
			title = Insulated (Bare)
			transform = 125EndcapWhiteBare
			descriptionSummary = White thermal blanket endcaps
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #ffffff
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = endcapSwitchLower
		switcherDescription = Lower Mount
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = BlackHandles
			title = Classic
			transform = 125EndcapBlackFlip
			descriptionSummary = Black endcaps with handles
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #999999
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = WhiteHandles
			title = Insulated
			transform = 125EndcapWhiteFlip
			descriptionSummary = White thermal blanket endcaps with handles
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #999999
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Black
			title = Classic (Bare)
			transform = 125EndcapBlackBareFlip
			descriptionSummary = Black endcaps
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #000000
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = White
			title = Insulated (Bare)
			transform = 125EndcapWhiteBareFlip
			descriptionSummary = White thermal blanket endcaps
			descriptionDetail = 
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #ffffff
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleColorChanger
		shaderProperty = _EmissiveColor
		animRate = 0.8
		animState = false
		useRate = true
		toggleInEditor = true
		toggleInFlight = true
		toggleInFlight = true
		unfocusedRange = 5
		toggleName = Toggle Lights
		eventOnName = Lights On
		eventOffName = Lights Off
		toggleAction = True
		defaultActionGroup = Light
		redCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 3
			key = 1 1 0 0
		}
		greenCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 1
			key = 1 1 1 0
		}
		blueCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 0
			key = 1 0.7 1.5 0
		}
		alphaCurve
		{
			key = 0 1
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FMRS_PM
		parent_vessel = 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = Experiment
		experiment_id = crewReport
		experiment_description = A brief situation report of dubious relevance and accuracy.
		ec_rate = 0.01
		crew_operate = True
		requires = 
		data_rate = 0.000680272108843537
		resources = 
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ProcessController
		resource = _Scrubber
		title = Scrubber
		capacity = 10.02
		running = true
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ProcessController
		resource = _PressureControl
		title = Pressure control
		capacity = 10.02
		running = true
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ProcessController
		resource = _WaterRecycler
		title = Water recycler
		capacity = 10.02
		running = true
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ProcessController
		resource = _WasteProcessor
		title = Waste processor
		capacity = 10.02
		running = true
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ProcessController
		resource = _MonopropFuelCell
		title = Monoprop+O2 fuel cell
		capacity = 10.02
		running = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = Configure
		title = Pod
		slots = 0
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = Upgrade-Slots
				techRequired__ = up4support
				slots = 2
			}
		}
		SETUP
		{
			name = Scrubber
			desc = A dual-bed vacuum-exposing regenerative scrubber that sequesters <b>CarbonDioxide</b> from the internal atmosphere.
			mass = 0.01
			cost = 250
			MODULE
			{
				type = ProcessController
				id_field = resource
				id_value = _Scrubber
			}
		}
		SETUP
		{
			name = Pressure Control
			desc = Use <b>Nitrogen</b> to maintain the internal atmosphere at a comfortable pressure.
			tech = fuelSystems
			mass = 0.01
			cost = 250
			MODULE
			{
				type = ProcessController
				id_field = resource
				id_value = _PressureControl
			}
			RESOURCE
			{
				name = Nitrogen
				amount = 3000
				maxAmount = 3000
			}
		}
		SETUP
		{
			name = Water Recycler
			desc = Filter impurities out of <b>WasteWater</b>.
			tech = advancedSupport
			mass = 0.05
			cost = 500
			MODULE
			{
				type = ProcessController
				id_field = resource
				id_value = _WaterRecycler
			}
			RESOURCE
			{
				name = WasteWater
				amount = 0
				maxAmount = 30
			}
		}
		SETUP
		{
			name = Waste Processor
			desc = Extract <b>Ammonia</b> out of decomposing organic <b>Waste</b>.
			tech = advancedSupport
			mass = 0.05
			cost = 500
			MODULE
			{
				type = ProcessController
				id_field = resource
				id_value = _WasteProcessor
			}
			RESOURCE
			{
				name = Waste
				amount = 0
				maxAmount = 30
			}
		}
		SETUP
		{
			name = Monoprop Oxygen Fuel Cell
			desc = An emergency fuel cell that burns <b>MonoPropellant</b> and <b>Oxygen</b> gas, producing <b>Water</b> and <b>Nitrogen</b> gas as by-products.
			tech = advElectrics
			mass = 0.1
			cost = 1000
			MODULE
			{
				type = ProcessController
				id_field = resource
				id_value = _MonopropFuelCell
			}
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = Habitat
		inflate = Expand
		state = disabled
		animBackwards = True
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KOSNameTag
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = SCANRPMStorage
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = Sickbay
		resource = _SickbayTV
		title = TV
		desc = A tranquilizing vortex (TV) uses low quality distraction to put the crew into a state of apathy. It also relieves some of the stress, effects on dumbness are said to be hearsay.
		slots = 0
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = Upgrade-TV
				techRequired__ = advExploration
				cureEverybody = True
				slots = 1
			}
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartInfo
	}
}

Thank you again for the work you've put into this and my M-700 scanner is working again. I noticed though that my recent Duna surface probes were Relaying through their mothership which doesn't have any relay antennas.

The mothership has an 88-88 on it and the probes each have a DTS-M1 and a 16-S. Before the patch I sent out a relay. After the patch when my relay got there I noticed that when my relay was very occluded my probes were still able to send data by bouncing it of my ship with the 88-88, is this (un)intentional or was something else causing my probes not to be in contact with the 88-88 -> KSC making me realize I needed a relay antenna?

Edited by mcwaffles2003

22 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

I think this might be a restock thing. Try putting this file anywhere in your GameData folder

I could not download the file.
It was just a link that said:
"Squad/Parts/Resources/MiniDrill /
Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill / "

Anyway, I deleted these entries from the "... /GameData/ReStock/Restock.RESTOCKBLACKLIST-Datei" file, and now it works.

Thanks for your help and the hint with Restock

It would be nice if there was at least SOME base radiation protection from all of the space-grade parts... it just doesn't make sense that they can easily survive atmospheric entry but not some UV rays... especially considering inflatables don't let us add protection despite anti rad fabric existing and reduce the overall protection of your vessel

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

3 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

It would be nice if there was at least SOME base radiation protection from all of the space-grade parts... it just doesn't make sense that they can easily survive atmospheric entry but not some UV rays... especially considering inflatables don't let us add protection despite anti rad fabric existing and reduce the overall protection of your vessel

I dunno - it's like some people DON'T want to kill their kerbals!

Please take this post in the humour of which it was intended.

We would have to define the ballooning inflatables against the rigid ones (see SSPX).  Perhaps it should be an upgrade that all ballooning inflatables get built in shielding (like half) once a certain  tech level is reached. This is a serious thing.

@Sir Mortimer

Spoiler

6tKwQ3U.jpg

Log(I am assuming this is a log type you have made for yourself?):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcxlynok3wj60q4/Logs-Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

Also, out of curiosity, why are surface samples treated like sensor readings and not like actual samples?

EDIT: Apparently infernal robotics surface samples, though recorded the same by KSP, are treated differently by kerbalism. Which makes sense as infernal robotics is not "compatible"

Edited by mcwaffles2003

@mcwaffles2003 Something is making the Breaking Grounds DLC crash, very likely causing Kerbalism to crash too.

[ERR 06:19:07.136] Exception loading ScenarioModule DeployedScience: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScience.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x0007f] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x0000e] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (ConfigNode node) [0x0005e] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 

[ERR 06:17:03.018] D:\Games\KSP instances\Interstellar + planets\GameData\SquadExpansion\Serenity\serenity.kspexpansion: Unable to load the Expansions Master Bundle.

Hard to say what causes it, could be a mod or a broken KSP installation. Try to delete and restore GameData\SquadExpansion from a backup if you have one.

why are surface samples treated like sensor readings and not like actual samples? 

Because your game is broken ?

Edited by Gotmachine

4 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

@mcwaffles2003 Something is making the Breaking Grounds DLC crash, causing Kerbalism to crash too.

[ERR 06:17:03.018] D:\Games\KSP instances\Interstellar + planets\GameData\SquadExpansion\Serenity\serenity.kspexpansion: Unable to load the Expansions Master Bundle.

Hard to say what causes it, could be a mod or a broken KSP installation. Try to delete and restore GameData\SquadExpansion from a backup if you have one.

Could it have something to do with the new kopernicus update?

It's the only thing new I've gotten along with the outter planets mod

Edited by mcwaffles2003

I've run into an issue that may or may not be a bug or be related due to some interaction with another (incompatible?) mod:

When trying to collect surface samples or EVA reports, it tells me 'not enough EC' and doesn't proceed.  But last I checked, EVA suits had no EC anyway.

Should probably note that I'm using the science-only config. I use Engine Ignitor, Snacks and Dang it! for those aspects of realism.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is a really decent chunk of science I'm missing out on...

Edited by Atlessa

2 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Are you sure you're using the latest version of the ScienceOnly configuration? I think that has been fixed for quite a while.

HOT DAMN that's interesting.  Apparently the latest version is 3.3...  CKAN (which I use primarily to manage my mods) has 1.1 as the latest for the science-only configs (and 3.2 for the 'main package').

Just making a new install and have questions regarding compatibility

RLA Recontinued is listed as supported, but it's now rereleased as RLA Reborn for KSP1.8. Is this still compatible since Recontinued looks to have stopped at KSP1.3?

Kopernicus is listed as supported, but has the note "SolarPanelFixer module has support for star selection/tracking, Kopernicus own module must be removed.". Do I need to remove the Kopernicus module manually, and if so how do I go about that?

Some other mods are listed as supported, but the tested versions are quite old. For example ConfigurableContainers is July 2018 and ContractConfigurator is Nov 2018. Is it best to ask her regarding continued compatibility, ask on the individual mods release page, or just assume it is still fully supported unless it says otherwise?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Atlessa said:

HOT DAMN that's interesting.  Apparently the latest version is 3.3...  CKAN (which I use primarily to manage my mods) has 1.1 as the latest for the science-only configs (and 3.2 for the 'main package').

Might be that CKAN detects a mod conflict and only shows you a version that it thinks is OK.

4 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Do I need to remove the Kopernicus module manually, and if so how do I go about that?

No, this is done automatically via ModuleManager configurations that come with Kerbalism.

4 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Some other mods are listed as supported...

Generally about mod compatibility, the best approach to go about this would be to try it out if it works. If it doesn't work and you think it should, let us know. Some mods evolve over time and get additional features that need a small change to be supported. Most of those changes are simple configuration files, sometimes the plugin itself needs to be adapted. There are only relatively few mods that won't work with Kerbalism, and plain part mods (add or change parts, like restock) are generally not a problem.