[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

10 hours ago, Sheetso said:

Since there was sadly no direct answer i´ll try to ask again. does somebody know how to, or if there is a way to change kerbalism´s flight planner to a 24hr day-cycle instead of the 6h day-cycle? Thanks!

You could just set "Use earth time" flag in Game Settings.

36 minutes ago, Judicator81 said:

You could just set "Use earth time" flag in Game Settings.

I did! And the whole game is already woking fine with the 24hr cycle except the flight planner of kerbalism in the VAB. there it still shows and calculates all supplies in a 6hr cycle. For example, all my kerbals died in orbit after 3 days (of thirst and hunger) while the Planner in the VAB said its stored with supplies for 12 days. I tried older versions of kerbalism after i thought its maybe only since the newest update, but same result : ( It would make me sad to delete kerbalism, or play it only with a 6h cycle instead of a normal 24hr cycle.

Edited by Sheetso

On 4/10/2020 at 2:45 AM, zxzx said:

I have a question.The ROKerbalism on github is design for Kerblism Version3.1,whitch mean no chiness support.

What can i do to find a KerbalismConfig for RO and support Kerbalism3.7?

copying the "Kerbalism/Localization/zh-cn.cfg" from Kerbalism 3.7 to Kerbalism 3.1 would likely work.

4 hours ago, N70 said:

将“ Kerbalism / Localization / zh-cn.cfg”从Kerbalism 3.7复制到Kerbalism 3.1可能会起作用。

I had matching the ROkerbalism's context to the deafult one

no problem have find now

So yesterday I noticed 2 new crafts I launched would run out of electricity when I changed focus to other crafts. One was a probe with solar cells and a fuel cell, and the other was just using fuel cells. After getting the alert and switching back to those crafts, they would begin to recharge the batteries.

Any clue what could be happening with these processes not happening in the background/unfocused?

It's been a while, but now I've been playing around a bit with the survey contracts re-enabled and while it is kind-of possible to "cheat" them completed, I have to admit it is neither fun nor satisfying.

On the other hand, not having them is really putting me off, for two main reasons: they are providing a steady source of income, both cash and research, and they offer incentives to explore, which in turn adds incentives to design vessels to address some of the challenges, and with that a rat's tail of follow-on implications. Using ContractConfigurator to replace them is not a realistic option, because many of the contract packs rely on the same mechanics that stock contracts do, others that don't are limited in scope, and on top of that, that would introduce CC as a (soft-ish) dependency that can't be relied upon to be kept up to date or even on life support at all. Nice if it works, but what when it just does not.

On the third hand, not having everything else (and that includes its science system, stock science just... meh) Kerbalism adds to the game is putting me off just as much. What to do, what to do...

On 3/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, Gotmachine said:

The issue is that Kerbalism introduce custom restrictions and situations, and the stock survey contracts aren't aware of those.
This mean that a significant proportion of the contracts that are generated can't be done.

Regarding stock(-ish) survey missions and Kerbalism's science–I think what I was trying to say was if Kerbalism couldn't somehow hook into KSP's contract system and send a "science transmitted" event once a certain portion of the corresponding experiment has been run.

From what I gather, you guys are in the progress of doing a major rewrite/update/revamp, aren't you? I don't know what exactly that entails, but maybe in the course of it, you could revisit the way stock and Kerbalism science interact; it would help not only with stock contracts, but also contract packs for ContractConfigurator which offer a bit more variety than just going to fixed place A, fixed place B, etc–which are all at the same locations in every save game, for everybody. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. On the other hand, there are still tons of places even on Kerbin I haven't seen, and I'm not even speaking of other planets and moons.

Edited by Corax
removed possible spoiler

On 4/12/2020 at 2:34 AM, cxg2827 said:

So yesterday I noticed 2 new crafts I launched would run out of electricity when I changed focus to other crafts. One was a probe with solar cells and a fuel cell, and the other was just using fuel cells. After getting the alert and switching back to those crafts, they would begin to recharge the batteries.

Any clue what could be happening with these processes not happening in the background/unfocused?

Most likely (99%) is that the vessel uses custom generators (panels, fuel cells, reactors, whatever else) that are unsupported by Kerbalism. Unsupported means that Kerbalism cannot simulate them in the background, because they're either incompatible, or unpatched. When you switch focus back to the vessel, the parts work as intended, but the background simulation does not.

It can be fixed with a patch, by replacing the module responsible for EC generation in the part with one supported by Kerbalism, if you want to dig into that.

unknown.png

Trying to help a buddy diagnose what he's seeing here. His kerbal is standing on the crawlerway. However, the cheat menu says crawlerway while Kerbalism's experiment there for EVA report suggests its in the Shores biome. What's the reason for the discrepancy here? Does Kerbalism change where biomes are on Kerbin to any degree, remove the KSC cheesing of all the biomes you can hit for early science, or anything like that? I'm only familiar with ROKerbalism myself so not sure whats different for regular Kerbalism used on Kerbin.

Edited by sjsharks39

Not sure how feasible this would be, but If a lab module has the CHILLED experiment selected (watching grass grow) could this be integrated to the comfort feature, and meet the requisite for plants onboard?

I need to learn to read

Edited by cxg2827

Just a quick question about Nitrogen and EVA's.
I found some posts on the previous thread asking if it's a bug or a feature, people seemed to think it was a bug and couldn't work it out.

Basically, I EVA and all the time the Kerbal is outside the ship, Nitrogen is being used up at a shocking rate.
As soon as I board the ship again, it instantly drops to the normal rate.

This doesn't feel like it's being used to repressurise, it literally looks like the door is being left open until I board?

Also I ran out of Nitrogen last Mun mission (was still on the surface when I ran out), but I still made it home just fine with the 2 Kerbal's aboard some 8 days later, I don't quite get what it's for.

Edit: Nevermind I've worked it out!
Bob took 330 'Atmosphere' on EVA in his spacesuit.
The Nitrogen was used to fill that 330 in the main craft.
Bob re-enters the ship, being there's no room  to add his almost 330 atmosphere back into the cockpit, it's dumped and lost.
Solution - turn off the pressure control pump before going on EVA.  Uses just 50 Nitrogen to EVA, that's more reasonable!

Edited by CreepyD

Hi guys. Is it normal to have a radiation level of my kerbal to as much as 25% on a 100-day flight to eve low orbit? Even with my habitation shielding to full per part(20mm on VAB indicator)?

I'd love some help for this as seeing this issue means i can't do a 200-day voyage to jool w/o my kerbals dying from radiation :(

On 4/27/2020 at 3:04 AM, Sheetso said:

So as there is no answer from anywhere i assume you can not play kerbalism with a 24h cycle. It´s ONLY working with the 6h cycle....  very very sad

Not sure what other mods you are using but I believe JNSQ adjusts the time scale up (maybe only to a 12 hr day from 6 though?) to match with the over all 2.7x rescale and it's highly recommended to be used with Kerbalism...so I feel like there must be a way!

On 4/27/2020 at 3:04 AM, Sheetso said:

So as there is no answer from anywhere i assume you can not play kerbalism with a 24h cycle. It´s ONLY working with the 6h cycle....  very very sad

What is the issue when you play with a different cycle? I've found that the planner uses the rotation period of the homeworld to define a day (and the orbital period to define a year), so if the issue is that that isn't matching up right, then that might just be it.

9 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

What is the issue when you play with a different cycle? I've found that the planner uses the rotation period of the homeworld to define a day (and the orbital period to define a year), so if the issue is that that isn't matching up right, then that might just be it.

The problem is, i would like to change the "standrard daycycle" from 6h to 24h (just to hit the real time). I did this in the main menu of ksp since there is an own option for it. now everything works fine with the "new" 24h days cycle expect the planer of kerbalism. it seems like it won´t change the "calculation of supplies" in the VAB. With other words, it still calculates food, water and so on... for only a 6h cycle (while its changed to 24h in the options), wich is rly bad cause it says my kerbals have enough food (for  example) for six days, while they are starving already after 1 day in space. Because the kerbalism planer in the VAB calculates all supplies for 6h only and not for the 24h cycle.  Hopefully this explanation is not to hard to understand :)

Edited by Sheetso

Hey guys

I made a small patch to enhance the support for SSPX (Station Parts Extension Redux). It adds an Habitat module to the different pressurized crew tube, pressurized conical adapter and station core. All those parts don't hold crew but they now add their volume to the available living space, making building space station more interesting, IMO. (Also make it practical to do the FLOAT experiment earlier, as it require a 100m^3 craft :P ).

For example this space station now have a habitat volume of 124m^3 instead of 42m^3 :D

qKIVZUW.png

I also add a greenhouse module to the aquaculture part (copy-paste of the greenhouse module of the 3.75m greenhouse, just change the growing rate and crop size to show 4 culture surface instead of 2).

And remove the ability for the 3.75m greenhouse and the aquaculture part to level up crew.

This is my first playthrough with Kerbalism so I hope those changes aren't too OP. I'll like some opinion of long time user of Kerbalism before I propose a pull request for it.

You can download it here on github.

10 hours ago, Sheetso said:

The problem is, i would like to change the "standrard daycycle" from 6h to 24h (just to hit the real time). I did this in the main menu of ksp since there is an own option for it. now everything works fine with the "new" 24h days cycle expect the planer of kerbalism. it seems like it won´t change the "calculation of supplies" in the VAB. With other words, it still calculates food, water and so on... for only a 6h cycle (while its changed to 24h in the options), wich is rly bad cause it says my kerbals have enough food (for  example) for six days, while they are starving already after 1 day in space. Because the kerbalism planer in the VAB calculates all supplies for 6h only and not for the 24h cycle.  Hopefully this explanation is not to hard to understand :)

Ah, so you mean you set the clock to have a day be different than how long it actually is ingame? I don't think there's any way to make the planner use anything but the rotation period of Kerbin (or whtever takes its place with a planet mod) as a day. You'll have to just convert the units (i.e., divide the number of days by 4), since the absolute amount of time it lasts shouldn't be affected, just the units used to show that time.