wham yourself into the mun or kerbin as hard as possible.

Kerbal4

The mun or kerbin wham challenge!

today i was playing around with using infinite fuel to smash myself hard into kerbin, but found tha the atmosphere slowed me down way too much, i still blew to bits though. So then I moved on to the mun, no atmosphere, now slowdown! but my orbit was too low so I crashed too early. so now i challenge the community to do the same, but harder! i might also try the harder version later. on sandbox, btw.

rules:

1. no cheats, but autostrut is ok.

2, can use making history or breaking ground parts,

3. try to get the highest crash speed, like maybe 10000 mps.

4, you have to use kerbals in your ship, lander cans or command pods.

5. no using kraken to your advantage.

i look forward to seeing your crshes on the mun or kerbin. :cool:

oh whoops wrong section, how do i change it to challenge or mission ideas?

Edited by Kerbal4
whoops wrong topic.

You change the section by clicking 'Report post' at the top of the thread & type as the report a friendly request to have it moved. Then a moderator will see it, come along and move the thread.

What needs to hit Kerbin, a Kerbal? A probe core? A piece of debris? A cockpit? A self-contained ship (as defined by??)? Does mass matter at all? If I manage to slam a 1 kg cubic strut into Kerbin at 1% lightspeed (with the energy of a tactical nuke) or something, does that count?

Edited by Pds314

20 hours ago, purpleivan said:

Val was sacrificed for a challenge (get to the Mun in shortest time) about a year ago. Hit the surface at 11,095m/s

The lander can went all the way, but Val decided to climb out to get a front row seat for the impact.

I’ll have to try and beat that!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.