Thinking of putting together a spotify playlist for playing KSP, what music would you recommend?

RealKerbal3x

As title. I've got a bit tired of the repetitive royalty free music in the game and wanted to come up with my own compilation.

I'm probably going to have a bunch of Test Shot Starfish in there, since it's good space-y music, and maybe Starman, Space Oddity etc (this is going to be a mishmash), but beyond that I'm open to suggestions. What music is good for playing KSP?

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

As title. I've got a bit tired of the repetitive royalty free music in the game and wanted to come up with my own compilation.

I'm probably going to have a bunch of Test Shot Starfish in there, since it's good space-y music, and maybe Starman, Space Oddity etc (this is going to be a mishmash), but beyond that I'm open to suggestions. What music is good for playing KSP?

Probably the Music from the KSP 2 Trailer. (Wake up we're dreaming)

39 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Yup, already got that :)

I’ve added some tracks from the In the Shadow of the Moon soundtrack and The Race for Space by Public Service Broadcasting as well, they’re quite good.

6 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

Unpopular opinion: the KSP trailer music has been overused to death in fanmade KSP cinematic videos

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Unpopular opinion: the KSP trailer music has been overused to death in fanmade KSP cinematic videos

This is supposed to be a thread about a spotify playlist of KSP, not to argue about KSP's fan base's preferences.

10 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

This is supposed to be a thread about a spotify playlist of KSP, not to argue about KSP's fan base's preferences.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you want me to open a thread called "The KSP 2 trailer music has been overused to death" and post it there, even though it's a comment on a post made here?

Don't backseat moderate, that's just sad

Edited by Guest

This may be an odd inclusion, but I was demonstrating KSP to a friend of mine a few months ago, and as I was timewarping away from Mun, I turned off the HUD and played "Arrivederci Roma" by Dean Martin.

Result was oddly magical.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:52 AM, DunaManiac said:

This is the one and only song (Outro by M83) I practically refuse to put in my playlist. It's amazing, and emotional, and I need it for when I need to make something powerful and emotional. It's the exact kind of thing that if I use too often, it'll lose its awesomeness and become just some song I play on my playlist. And even if that weren't a problem, I don't want to be extremely overly emotional every few hours while playing KSP.

My current playlist (which is just my Everything Playlist, since I use it for everything), contains some cool music from this old video game I played in my early childhood, music from various Broadway Musicals (only the good songs from the good musicals), various 60s, 70s and 80s rock, Christmas Music (only the REALLY GOOD stuff), nostalgia songs that played on the radio or appeared on TV during my childhood, and other such things.

I don't have a solely KSP playlist, though. I'll have to whip something up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal

Crazy - Seal

Crash and Burn - Savage Garden

Fire - Arthur Brown.

Or is that just my space programme?

I'm always reminded of music from other space related tv/film/games, eg

Blue Danube - Elite

Also sprach Zarathustra - 2001

Adagio for strings - Homeworld

Lost in Space theme (Apollo 440) - Lost in Space.

• 1 month later...

This is especially fitting for after when you land your 12 tourist spacecraft back on Kerbin, ngl

(posting clean version because forum mods)

This was the very first CD I ever bought, maybe even the first music I ever owned:

R-1298215-1208806599.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Space-Themes/release/1298215

I think it'd make a rather spiffy KSP soundtrack ;)

Honourable mention: The the computer game "Total Annihilation" has an exceptional orchestral score which I think would work very well. It can be found in various places.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.