I have an idea for a community space station.

It has already been done before a couple of times, here for instance: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/136527-serial-space-station-add-your-own-module-closed-check-out-the-new-community-space-station-thread-instead/, but since this game is about 9 years old i think, almost everything has been done before ;) 

So might be a good time for a revival indeed, and i would probably participate again :)

11 hours ago, KerbonautTKM said:

Maybe it should contain modules in styles from all over the real world. Like some from Russia, some from China, etc.! We should probably do a vote to decide the name of it.

Sounds cool, but to really pull that off you would probably need mods. And mind that everyone joining must have all the mods or you get savegame clashes, so its usually best to severely limit mod usage in joint challenges.

2 hours ago, KerbonautTKM said:

1.4.4, and I'm refusing to update.

This is interesting, but I don't think anyone really plays 1.4.4 anymore. You should just be able to download a patch to update. If it would happen,I would definitely like to add some anti-gravity rings and a shipyard that is fully enclosed like in the Death Star.

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

2 minutes ago, KerbonautTKM said:

I only use 1.4.4 because my internet is total excrements, and every time I try to update, it stops for whatever reason.

What if you just download KSP from scratch? That should work. Btw your not the only one with a bad internet....;)

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

Won't the saves work from the earlier versions work in the newer versions?

Just now, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

What if you just download KSP from scratch? That should work. Btw your not the online with a bad internet....;)

bruh that's frickin genius

link?

what i mean by "link?" is:"how?"

2 minutes ago, KerbonautTKM said:

Won't the saves work from the earlier versions work in the newer versions?

bruh that's frickin genius

link?

Just download the latest version of KSP from the store and that's all there is to it. If you want to keep your craft files you will need to edit the config and type in the version your using as otherwise it won't work. I don't know if game saves work though....

On 12/23/2019 at 11:58 PM, KerbonautTKM said:

But I am willing to pirate it.

but wait tho

Ermm, if you owned it before, you still own it. But if you bought it on ksp stor, you have to download there, and if you have it on steam, then you can only download it there

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KerbonautTKM said:

Well, since I can't update... Build it without me. All stock. Show me the finished product and the launches of each module. Good luck to all! Should we call it World Space Station 1?

So, yeah I think that could work. I haven't participated in a challenge like this, but I believe it works by building the space station in a shared save file that anyone can download. I could make one and launch the first module of the space station later today if no one else wants to.

1 hour ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

So, yeah I think that could work. I haven't participated in a challenge like this, but I believe it works by building the space station in a shared save file that anyone can download. I could make one and launch the first module of the space station later today if no one else wants to.

Sure! But i would advise to draw up some basic rules first (you can copy most from previous challenges ;) ), and then create a new topic with those rules and a short outline of the mission. That way everything is contained in the first post and you can update when things change.

if so, make sure to give a shout-out to KerbonautTKM for re-igniting it ofc ;)

Looking forward to it!

What planet should it be orbiting(should be easy enough to reach for anyone)

Mun

Minmus

Eve

Gilly

Duna

Ike

Moho

Dres

Jool

Laythe

Vall

Tylo

Bop

Pol

Eeloo

comment what you think below, 1 week after the first vote I will launch the first module.

All must be done legitimately and all maneuvers must be recorded

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.