System Requirements for KSP2 ?

On 12/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, Dale Christopher said:

I only play on a laptop these days!

Thats abit vague. System requirements are meaningless for the most part. KSP has minimum requirements that many pcs have but once you get into the more complicated things the minimum requirements will become more than the recommend requirments. 

Edited by dave1904

Minimum ~
- FX-8XXX \ Intel Core i5-2XXX
- GTX 750 Ti \ R7 260X - 2GB
- 8GB RAM

For a laptop like this: Ryzen 5 2500U + Vega 8 \ Core i5-7200U + MX150 (GDDR5) \ 8GB RAM

But it’s obvious that to play to the full you need minimum: Ryzen 5 1600 \ Core i5-8400 + RX 470 8GB \ GTX 1060 6GB + 16GB RAM +++ SSD 

Edited by OOM

On 12/25/2019 at 4:28 AM, OOM said:

Minimum ~
- FX-8XXX \ Intel Core i5-2XXX
- GTX 750 Ti \ R7 260X - 2GB
- 8GB RAM

For a laptop like this: Ryzen 5 2500U + Vega 8 \ Core i5-7200U + MX150 (GDDR5) \ 8GB RAM

But it’s obvious that to play to the full you need minimum: Ryzen 5 1600 \ Core i5-8400 + RX 470 8GB \ GTX 1060 6GB + 16GB RAM +++ SSD 

Source?

14 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

The same place this bloke got his rabbit from, most likely.

Quite likely.  

Let's not go spreading around guesses and rampant speculation, trying to pass them off as facts @OOM.   That helps nobody.  When Star Theory has hard facts they are willing to release, they will do so.

From the KSP2 Steam Page:

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:

5 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

The same place this bloke got his rabbit from, most likely.
846-02794101en_Masterfile.jpg

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Quite likely.  

Let's not go spreading around guesses and rampant speculation, trying to pass them off as facts @OOM.   That helps nobody.  When Star Theory has hard facts they are willing to release, they will do so.

From the KSP2 Steam Page:

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:

If you do not believe my knowledge - your business. I do not care. I wrote the system requirements that are now needed to run practically any game, taking into account 2020 and also from my own experience ... Hmm ... people's skepticism is alarming. :D

Spoiler

You look like those "scientists" who in 1980 did not believe in the existence of planets around binary stars ... They probably believed this only when, in 2011, Kepler discovered several of these: D Do not repeat your mistakes. Because in 2020, you will find out that for normal operation and launch on a laptop with i3-7100U + GT 940M + 4 GB RAM will NOT quit

Or will we play a 800x600 slide show?

Then KSP2 will probably work on Core 2 Duo (but this is not accurate, because running KSP2 on a 2-core processor is horrible) Both aesthetically and physically for the game itself.

Edited by OOM

12 hours ago, OOM said:

I wrote the system requirements that are now needed to run practically any game,

So it's still a guess, at best. 

The question was about KSP2 specifically, not about any game based upon anecdotal evidence. 

You can post your assumptions here, but you need to specify they are assumptions.  Intentionally misleading others is generally frowned upon. 

Requirements for KSP2:

• A non-potato computer with:
    • Large hard drive
    • Lots of RAM
    • Lots of processing power
    • High-end sound card
    • High-end video card with lots of RAM
  • A player with:
    • A general knowledge base of science
    • A sense of adventure and humor
    • The ability to speak fluent nerd

:D

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Requirements for KSP2:

• A non-potato computer with:
    • Large hard drive
    • Lots of RAM
    • Lots of processing power
    • High-end sound card
    • High-end video card with lots of RAM
  • A player with:
    • A general knowledge base of science
    • A sense of adventure and humor
    • The ability to speak fluent nerd

:D

This is the best answer; EXCEPT for the part about a sound card. Motherboard sound is decent enough, and if you want more an external DAC is generally preferred over an internal card. Though if you do audio work a PCI sound card with good sample rate is pretty much mandatory due to latency.

But the rest is Solid Au

+1

16 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

This is the best answer; EXCEPT for the part about a sound card. Motherboard sound is decent enough, and if you want more an external DAC is generally preferred over an internal card. Though if you do audio work a PCI sound card with good sample rate is pretty much mandatory due to latency.

But the rest is Solid Au

+1

A good soundcard with midi interface is a must for me. I do composition on the side... :)

Otherwise, thank you for your kind words!

18 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

I just want to be able to play it without my laptop melting :c and I only have onboard graphics :C

Then wait for information around release; because nobody can tell you right now that you have a 100% chance of being able to run KSP2. What I can say is that there's at least a 2-4 month window between now and KSP2 releasing, and RX 580 8GB's are DIRT cheap on ebay. Often going for around 100-120 USD; the difficulty is finding a machine to put one in that won't be much more expensive. 

That being said it wouldn't hurt to poke around your local craigslist/preferred local selling app; sometimes people are getting rid of decent machines on the cheap. And a decent desktop with a Quad-Core CPU and RX 580 and 8-16GB of RAM would take you pretty far. If you really worked it you could score something like that for 300-400 USD.

But I get if you don't have the space or other circumstances that wouldn't let you whip a frankencomputer into existance; in that case it's really just "Wait for info". 

I just have a $500 laptop for study, if it can’t play KSP2 then I guess my class work will improve due to not having it as a temptation/distraction =p 

6 hours ago, Dale Christopher said:

I just have a $500 laptop for study, if it can’t play KSP2 then I guess my class work will improve due to not having it as a temptation/distraction =p 

You are fooling no one, do you really need food, clothes, study or do you actually need a new gaming rig? Time will tell.  :wub:

Edited by ronson49