Sign in to follow this  
Gjaspar

The Reach (1.7.3)

Recommended Posts

THE REACH 0.9.2

Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Picture of Ser in front of Ger.

 

The Reach is a unique solar system replacer mod, made completely from handdrawn textures.
It aims to change the normal Kerbolar system to be generally more interesting and special.

Planets:

Spoiler
  • Claudius: A double, orange star
  • Mire: A lonely Moholike planet, but purpleish
  • Reliquum: A Kerbin-sized world, with an oxygenated atmosphere and mostly deserts
    • Ulaan: Reliquum's companion, airless and roughly the size of Duna
  • Kerra: The homeworld, with beautiful rings
    • Inola: A purple-ish Minmus-sized moon
    • Ilia: Inola but blue
    • Berren: Mun-sized moon, pretty inclined orbit
  • Liquen: An oceanic superkerbin, with a tenuous atmosphere
  • Vessa: Dres 2.0, but with icy poles
  • Ger: Superrotating saturnlike planet, with a huge ring system
    • Aal and Oon: a binairy moon, both somewhat blue
    • Ser: Purple-ish Mun-sized object with a thin atmosphere
  • Sherpen: A megajool ice giant, of over 600 times the mass of Kerbin, allowing Duna-sized moons
    • Woola: Icy jungle moon, habitable to Kerbals (will be changed next update)
    • Forsal: Eeloo 2
    • Foon: Solid moon in high orbit, with NH3 oceans and atmosphere
  • Menal: Icy megakerbin, basically as hard to land on as Jool

Credits:

Me: for the configs and art
Squad: ksp
Thomas P: Kopernicus

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2290/The Reach

 

Edited by Gjaspar
forgot the download link :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - am attempting to try your mod but am having a major error at startup: "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system ..."

I've gathered the files that the error message mentions (as well as the error message itself) in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CVjNf_4CVrnjUUpGhnpV1DlDBrnTRPhv

Hopefully you'll spot something I've done wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hi - am attempting to try your mod but am having a major error at startup: "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system ..."

I've gathered the files that the error message mentions (as well as the error message itself) in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CVjNf_4CVrnjUUpGhnpV1DlDBrnTRPhv

Hopefully you'll spot something I've done wrong.

Sorry for the issue! Early acces, baby

Fixed the issue and updated the mod on spacedock, hope you have fun!

P.S. it is advised to install scatterer, the mod looks weird and inaccurate without it, and mods like AVP, SVE and Spectra are not compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gjaspar said:

Sorry for the issue! Early acces, baby

Yes, totally understood. I'm on the cutting edge and have no expectations of success :P

And to that end, I regret to report that after updating to 0.9.3, removing SVE, and installing scatterer, I am still getting the same Kopernicus message at startup.

I have updated my drive folder. There should now be a "Report-01" folder (the first files I uploaded) and a "Report-02" folder. The 02 folder is the results of the updates described above.

I left the EVE folder itself - please let me know if that's an issue. I was thinking that without configs it wouldn't affect anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CVjNf_4CVrnjUUpGhnpV1DlDBrnTRPhv

Thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Yes, totally understood. I'm on the cutting edge and have no expectations of success :P

And to that end, I regret to report that after updating to 0.9.3, removing SVE, and installing scatterer, I am still getting the same Kopernicus message at startup.

I have updated my drive folder. There should now be a "Report-01" folder (the first files I uploaded) and a "Report-02" folder. The 02 folder is the results of the updates described above.

I left the EVE folder itself - please let me know if that's an issue. I was thinking that without configs it wouldn't affect anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CVjNf_4CVrnjUUpGhnpV1DlDBrnTRPhv

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like I updated the mod with the wrong file, dont you just love it when that happens? :p

Hope it actually works now, have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Badda-bing, we're in! At least, there's something very different about the planet on my startup screen .. so I'm taking that as a sign of success. :D I resisted the temptation to jump into the tracking station because I was hoping you might have some advice/recommendations. I've been on 1.8 for a while now, but here's why I went back to 1.7, grabbed your mod, and tried Kopernicus for the first time ...

I was hoping to start a science game in a solar system that I know absolutely nothing about. I've purposefully not read anything about any of the planets, or how many there are or anything, just because I was hoping to see if I can mod my way into a totally new game experience where everything has to be discovered. Do you have any experience with Tarsier/ResearchBodies? Any idea if they would work with your planet pack? I really don't want to play career, and ResearchBodies says you really should in order to use it, so I'm just fishing for ideas at this point.

In any event - thanks for helping me to get it running!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Badda-bing, we're in! At least, there's something very different about the planet on my startup screen .. so I'm taking that as a sign of success. :D I resisted the temptation to jump into the tracking station because I was hoping you might have some advice/recommendations. I've been on 1.8 for a while now, but here's why I went back to 1.7, grabbed your mod, and tried Kopernicus for the first time ...

I was hoping to start a science game in a solar system that I know absolutely nothing about. I've purposefully not read anything about any of the planets, or how many there are or anything, just because I was hoping to see if I can mod my way into a totally new game experience where everything has to be discovered. Do you have any experience with Tarsier/ResearchBodies? Any idea if they would work with your planet pack? I really don't want to play career, and ResearchBodies says you really should in order to use it, so I'm just fishing for ideas at this point.

In any event - thanks for helping me to get it running!

I dont have any experience with ResearchBodies, but I do know from what I've read from the thread is that it is not currently compatible with my mod: I would need to make a config for it. I might do it next update? But on the other hand, that would take a lot of time to make :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gjaspar said:

I dont have any experience with ResearchBodies, but I do know from what I've read from the thread is that it is not currently compatible with my mod: I would need to make a config for it. I might do it next update? But on the other hand, that would take a lot of time to make :/

I've never used it either, so I had no idea what's involved. Anyway, good to know! I think for now what I'll try is a new science game where I'm just very careful about the map view and tracking station :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I like the mod. One of the better first mods made by a person new to the planet modding community. I think the non atmospheric worlds textures need a bit off work on the textures. But overall it's pretty solid for a first timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod! Pretty good for a first timer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 10:30 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

@Gjaspar Hiya, hope you're staying well and safe.  Any idea if this should work as-is with 1.8.1? 

Well you're in quite some luck, because im updating the mod today! Expect to see it in about an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good so far in 1.8.1. Just started a new science game, visited both close moons, and all seems great so far! Thanks for working on this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this