Star Wars: The Skywalker of Skywalker Skywalker

Superfluous J

15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

They stop an assassin who was using poison, and can't identify where the poison came from. So, they take it to a 50's diner and the owner instantly knows the name of the planet it came from and that the beings on that planet are cloners.

They should have a look at the innkeeper, he was definitely in game and tried to frame his buddies for some reason.

Otherwise how would he know that?

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

By no means am I trying to convince you to.

But just so you know what you're missing...

They stop an assassin who was using poison, and can't identify where the poison came from. So, they take it to a 50's diner and the owner instantly knows the name of the planet it came from and that the beings on that planet are cloners.

Gonna sound like a fanboy here. I think there was a deleted scene where Kenobi takes the dart to the Jedi archives, but there are no records of it, so he goes to Dex (the 'been everywhere and seen everything ' character trope) to see if he recognizes it. Combined with him not being able to find Kamino's location indicates Kamino, the clones, and the clone army were hidden at the direction of the Republics and Jedis highest officials.

3 minutes ago, Treveli said:

Combined with him not being able to find Kamino's location indicates Kamino, the clones, and the clone army were hidden at the direction of the Republics and Jedis highest officials.

Yet they're so proud of their famous poison that they can't imagine maybe using something a bit more common.

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

By no means am I trying to convince you to.

But just so you know what you're missing...

I watched the red letter media take downs, instead.

Finally got around to watching it. It was okay. Not dreadful, not great; as someone posted up-thread about Episode 2, it existed as a movie. 

I think that mostly it suffered from having about two films worth of stuff crammed into one. None of the plot twists had time to sow any mystery before they were conveniently solved, the emotional beats barely had time to land before something else happened to negate them. And some of the big lore dumps frankly felt like ass-pulls because they hadn’t even been hinted at in the previous films let alone foreshadowed.

Much as I hate to say it as someone who actively liked The Last Jedi, the trilogy as a whole would have been better off if J.J. Abrams had just been given all three films. I suspect that we would have gotten warmed over Empire Strikes Back instead of the Last Jedi but at least it would have given Rise of Skywalker more room to breathe and would have made for a more coherent, if not especially inspired, trilogy.

Edited by KSK

On 12/27/2019 at 5:07 AM, 5thHorseman said:

if you remove Jar Jar and some other BS from the movie there's a coherent plot and things make sense and it's a decent setup to the first trilogy

It's probably no longer available. But someone uploaded all prequels as recuts and habe Jar-Jar alien gibberish with subtitles.Removed the mediclorians as well.

Now awaiting for the prequel "Tattooed Tatooine: The Rise of Jabba.".

We just need to know his early life, how had he become the boss of Tatooine mafia, maybe it's a lyric history, like the Anakin's one.

Also what gave the name to the Tattoine planet. We can see it is a gangstas lair has long criminal traditions.

P.S.
As Rey is now where Luke was in the very first movie, probably next time we'll also see the cutie Sarlacc.

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.