What's involved in making a Landing Leg?

For me the two most difficult parts are retractable landing gear and landing legs - so far my attempts have ended up being propellant-less launch systems instead of landing legs. You might want to look at the add-on section for some tutorials. If you do figure it out I'd be interested in hearing your battle stories - might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

4 hours ago, wasml said:

For me the two most difficult parts are retractable landing gear and landing legs - so far my attempts have ended up being propellant-less launch systems instead of landing legs. You might want to look at the add-on section for some tutorials. If you do figure it out I'd be interested in hearing your battle stories - might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Oopie; i should've actually posted this in the modeling and texturing sub section instead of here.

Can a mod move this over to the Add-on Development section pls

Edited by Incarnation of Chaos

17 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Oopie; i should've actually posted this in the modeling and texturing sub section instead of here.

Can a mod move this over to the Add-on Development section pls

If there are some legs you are using that just don't look right you can post the cfg fo0r them or send me a pm , I take it that tweak scale limit is 200% and still not the size you want with a little edit of the cfg might fix that.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

So how easy/hard would it be to roll my own assuming some blender experience but basically 0 animation/UV/Texturing experience.

I would consider this to be one of the biggest challenges in KSP part creation. It's definitely the equivalent of diving straight into the deep-end. The amount of informational resources get exponentially lower each step closer you get to completing legs.

I'll leave these here, but it will probably look like alien for a while. If you learn the above and get to the part implementation stage, you will appreciate these (precise structure is critical):

92ssxHq.png

srjbDxo.png

y4jrZfn.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.