(Kinda) Turn Based Kerbal War

Mieyo

TBKW

(Turn-Based Kerbal War)

Created by Mieyo

The idea started a while ago, let’s say three months back in the past. It was a turn-based wargame using my favorite version of KSP, 1.3.1. I played it with my friend and we had a blast. But why is it so fun? Probably cause it’s so simple, it may not be as large scale as I want it to be but the 1v1 idea is really interesting. The game is all ran through KSP 1.3 and a messaging platform of your choice (Discord, Gmail, etc) this is all done through downloaded quicksaves and a lot of effort in the setup of the game at the start. It’s mostly stock I'm adding BD Armory and Hyperedit into the mix I feel like this will make it a lot more fun! And since it’s mostly stock that’ll make people wanna build better ships with more brains than brawn. (Gameplay example below)

Here’s a good example of a small bombing run in case you’re confused about how it works:

Let’s say I built a small airforce base on the western side of the Mun, but you built one very close to mine. So I decide to attack you with one of my many space bombers. So I attack you, blow up your base and land back at my base, this is a total of 3 turns, you get a max of 5. After I do all of this, I quicksave the whole thing send it to you and laugh at how awesome my bombing run was. Then, you counter-attack (or something) send that quicksave to me and then we keep going until someone surrenders or I kill all your Kerbals. 

That’s the basics! (for now) Below I will post open spots and other do-dads that are important to the game. Please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions that are relevant to the game itself. I hope y’all have a wonderful day/night! :)

Open Spots:

1. Mieyo

2. Lapis

3. Arco123

4. Capitalist Kerbal

Planets legal to battle on:

Kerbin

Mun

Minmus

Point system:

1 point for destroying a small air/ground unit

2 points for bombing and destroying a small air/ground base

3 points for obliterating a medium air/ground unit

4 points for clapping a medium air/ground base

15 points for clapping out of anything bigger than 200 parts

(Whoever has the most points at the end of a battle wins)

Edited by Mieyo
Adding things

Thank you so much for replying to my post! Really appreciate it! :) I'll see what I can do with BD Armory, I might add it actually I've been thinking about it for a while, I'll edit the post soon so I can update the rules. So glad you are willing to join! :D 

Ok, here's an update about the whole situation. 

First, I will not be able to host a DMP server for the war itself. However, if anyone is able to host it that would be great. Second, I would love to use BDarmory however, I would prefer it to be stock but it really depends how you all feel about it. Third, we are going to keep this war in KSP 1.3.1 just because I'm running everything on my itty-bitty chromebook and the newer versions of KSP absolutely fry my poor chromebook. (Poor chromebook) 

Overview:

KSP 1.3.1 will be the version we are using

DMP and BDarmory is optional and will be implemented with a vote

Bonus:

I'm almost done setting up the Discord server so stay tuned! :) :D 

I can't guarantee I will be able to participate, but if I can I would like to. Real life has been all over the place recently though so I can't say for sure I want to do this.

I would like some clarification on somethings though:

• What exactly constitutes a turn? I see there is a 5 turn limit per turn limit. With the examples given there is a lot of grey area into how much you can do each turn, I'd suggest making a list.
  • Mods list and version. This is VERY important to lay down, and to keep as simple as possible. If it's not set in stone then we will have compatibility issues, and if the modlist is not simple it may discourage people, and it could get frustrating.
  • Is there a win condition? If not this will likely end with people getting bored and dropping out.

Additionally we need a surefire way to keep roleplay off of the forums. This means no nation building beyond maybe a simple flag (I suggest only using in game flags because if we used custom ones we'd have to share flags to each other and that can be confusing for those who haven't done it before). The mods tend to get uneasy about roleplay as it often results in fighting.

Also I like the Discord idea.

New update thingy

Mods allowed:

Hyperedit

Tweak scale

Mechjeb

What a turn can be consisted of:

Firing a weapon (Small missiles 3 times, medium missiles 2 times, and large missiles 1 time)

Moving to the target. Max movement of 3 of the 5 actions listed (Orbit, suborbit, landing, moving on the ground 10 KM, and moving through the air 20 KM)

Setting up something, note this ends your whole turn (Setting up an ambush, building a base ETC)

Bonus stuff:

All these can be repeated to make a total of 5 turns inside of one turn. Also, hyperedit can be used to set up bases, fighters in a space battle or even supply runs. You cannot hyperedit closer to an enemy but you can hyperedit up to 25 meters to an enemy base. You can however hyperedit to rondevu to an enemy up to 50 meters away but you must manually get closer to them. This means you can hyperedit anywhere except to get closer to an enemy that you are already within range of.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.