Pulling the new solid boosters from 1.8.1 into a 1.7.2 install

I'm curious how I can copy the new solid fuel rocket boosters into an older install of KSP.  I was able to copy the new blade covers and copter blades, as well as the new rocket cone just by copying the part folders into the appropriate sub folder.  But the boosters don't show up in-game by simply copying their folders over.  

Is there something else I need to modify?  I added their part info into the PartDataBase.cfg file, but that isn't enough for the boosters to show up in the game.  

I can't simply play on the 1.8.1 install yet, because some mods I use haven't updated yet.  

Thanks for any help!  

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, Sarxis said:

I'm curious how I can copy the new solid fuel rocket boosters into an older install of KSP.  I was able to copy the new blade covers and copter blades, as well as the new rocket cone just by copying the part folders into the appropriate sub folder.  But the boosters don't show up in-game by simply copying their folders over.  

Is there something else I need to modify?  I added their part info into the PartDataBase.cfg file, but that isn't enough for the boosters to show up in the game.  

I can't simply play on the 1.8.1 install yet, because some mods I use haven't updated yet.  

Thanks for any help!  

Maybe you have to also copy the plumes

I have no idea why, but if I was trying this I'd look in my log file for references to the part name, and then see if there were any errors afterward. And also any upon entering the VAB.

Also, did you look in a sandbox game? Maybe they're not loading in career because of some problem with the tech tree placement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.