Kerbal Nautical Orientation and Traveler Society

I don't know if @έķ νίĻĻάίή can change his/her profile name, @XLjedi. Besides, s/he may not have that option in their country (or at least with the keyboard they own). 

You may also be wondering how I managed to mention @έķ νίĻĻάίή. As much as I prefer the name being typed in regular characters, it was not hard to mention his/her name. All I had to do was:

1. Type "@"
  2. Copy his/her full name (Yes, that means you have to copy "έķ νίĻĻάίή")
  3. Right-click immediately after "@" and click "Paste as plain text."
  4. Backspace (at least for the "ή,") and it will trigger the forum name selector.

At least that worked for me.

2 hours ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

I don't know if @έķ νίĻĻάίή can change his/her profile name, @XLjedi. Besides, s/he may not have that option in their country (or at least with the keyboard they own). 

You may also be wondering how I managed to mention @έķ νίĻĻάίή. As much as I prefer the name being typed in regular characters, it was not hard to mention his/her name. All I had to do was:

1. Type "@"
  2. Copy his/her full name (Yes, that means you have to copy "έķ νίĻĻάίή")
  3. Right-click immediately after "@" and click "Paste as plain text."
  4. Backspace (at least for the "ή,") and it will trigger the forum name selector.

At least that worked for me.

Really?  are they using a different keyboard when they typed multiple pages on this thread without managing to hit a single special character?

As I already said, copy/paste does not work for me.  ...might be my browser though. 

For instance, I don't have an option to "Paste as plain text" and even if I take the (extreme) third step of copy/pasting into notepad, and then paste into this forum...  the backspace method you mention doesn't work for me.

Spoiler

...and during work hours, my browser might be managed by corporate IT policy that I have no control over.

Edited by XLjedi

2 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Hide contents

...and during work hours, my browser might be managed by corporate IT policy that I have no control over.

I would never do something as underhanded as post on a game forum from work. I'm certainly not doing it at this very moment.

Time for some more entries, it looks like!

First up - @Robonoise, with The Karma! With only 34 parts!

Judge Jeb - "THREE Panthers! Wet, or dry! That's gotta be fast!"

Bob - "34 parts! Wow!"

Val - "I approve..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up - @sturmhauke! With the Kerberos SSSTO!

Jeb - "Very Kerbal! Wait, I'm a Kerbal."

Bob - "It can go to Laythe? Ok"

Val - "ISRU, and VTOL! Yes!"

+ kudos - Manned!

Also, the trident SSSTO!

Jeb - "It carries two a rover? Wow, that's rather big!"

Bob - "Looks rather nice!"

Val - "Again, ISRU! Chonky boi"

And yes! The first Traveller of this thread goes to @sturmhauke,with the Kerberos SSSTO!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally for today, we have @Robonoise again, going for the Traveller status!

Jeb - "Wow, that's a dangerous reentry *shudders* "

Bob - "I wonder who was on that boat, because they won't be coming back for a while..."

Val - " That's a lot of boosters on the rocket..."

+ Kudos - Manned!

Yep. Approved Traveller of KNOTS!

On 2/12/2020 at 10:54 PM, XLjedi said:

The Barracuda does go inside spaceplanes too.  Do I need to post a video of a Mk3 spaceplane landing on Lathe with the UV-14 Barracuda to get Traveler status?  I s'pose I could take the Monarch to Lathe again if I had too?

I don't mind, just a picture of it on Laythe and on the way will be enough to satisfy my needs.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:54 PM, XLjedi said:

I might also suggest the following name/acronym for your society:    "Kerbal Nautical Orientation and Traveler Society"  (KNOTS)

It would be a lot easier to fit the acronym "KNOTS" on a badge and have it remain visible at various sizes.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea!

Edited by έķ νίĻĻάίή

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this ship is shippy enough for this challenge :)

I present you the infamous Space-Péniche ! (also, it floats (badly)) :D

E903iwQ.jpg

The bay holds a massive (staged) fuel tank, so in the end this things has 3500dV, crew capacity of 36 (but no cargo) ! I might create a better version for Laythe (improved drag / thermal resistance)

ZaT13Ag.jpg

(yeah it lands backwards :D)

x71YdLJ.jpg

4cL6han.jpg

Edited by Kerbolitto

17 minutes ago, Kerbolitto said:

You saw the clips on Twitch ? :p landing was ok, had to try 3/4 times to make it look cool enough, but take off .... :D there are 4/5 wings at the bow, it was very .. acrobatic ! :D

Yeah, you're a madman. I love it! The crazy stuff I build at that scale tends to maneuver somewhat more explosively.

1 minute ago, sturmhauke said:

Yeah, you're a madman. I love it! The crazy stuff I build at that scale tends to maneuver somewhat more explosively.

Thanks, it was not design to land in an atmosphere so the result is somewhat unexpected xD.

But yeah using empty SRBs and some struts, its really sturdy !

Edited by Kerbolitto

This is the JET-version, I just covered a few nodes and painfully pulled it to 150ms +/-.
The bow generate immense drag, I created a v2 which was more sleek but did not even touched 200m/S .. It's going to be a looooong way to make it SSTO capable xD

Spoiler

In the end, it crashes :D

Edited by Kerbolitto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.