[WIP] 1.10.1.2 - The Martian for KSP (MAV Release)

bcink

So beautifully done as allways. I love using all your mods. Now that you have done all of this, I was wondering if you are planning on doing the hermes from the Martian. also would you be interested in doing a kerbal version of the dynetics lander one that can land different living modules and mabe detach them from the craft to join together to create a colony. just a thought. Also I personaly think a kerbal version of the ship from the series Space Odyssey Voages to the Planets from 2004 would be beyond awsome. You are one of the few that I know of that could take on such a project and have it be a number one ksp mod. here is the location of an intro to the seies, if you are interested and are having trouble watching it then it can be found on amazon prime video. if you dont have that then let me know and I might be able to send you a copy. The design of the main ship is great for touring the solar system and caring multiple landers. 

On 9/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, dvdwilliams88 said:

So beautifully done as allways. I love using all your mods. Now that you have done all of this, I was wondering if you are planning on doing the hermes from the Martian. also would you be interested in doing a kerbal version of the dynetics lander one that can land different living modules and mabe detach them from the craft to join together to create a colony. just a thought. Also I personaly think a kerbal version of the ship from the series Space Odyssey Voages to the Planets from 2004 would be beyond awsome. You are one of the few that I know of that could take on such a project and have it be a number one ksp mod. here is the location of an intro to the seies, if you are interested and are having trouble watching it then it can be found on amazon prime video. if you dont have that then let me know and I might be able to send you a copy. The design of the main ship is great for touring the solar system and caring multiple landers. 

Thank you! :D   I am messing around with the previous Hermes in my spare time, seeing what it will take to bring it back to life. It shouldn't really take much. I won't be re-doing the textures on it but it looks like some work needs done either way. (Getting the habitats to rotate properly again without Infernal Robotics, why there is some weird texture artifacts going on, looks like a normal map is needed or something, I don't know exactly yet.) Anyways, these mods take up a *lot* of time. I have to break in between these things. So maybe that... and if anything else next possibly the habitat.

Also, no link present above ;]  

Edited by bcink

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems the solar panel implementation in the Rover Batteries needs some improvement.

It looks like they only detect sunlight in a VERY NARROW angle. Therefore, even at mid day in Kerbin, the sunlight hitting it registers only at "0.25".

When taking the rover to another planet is even worse. To the point that in Duna and Eve, even at mid-day, the sun exposure can register as zero.

This is a huge paint point in what otherwise would be an awesome mod :(

Any way this can be fixed, or a workaround that can be used?

Thanks

20 hours ago, morgoth said:

Any way this can be fixed, or a workaround that can be used?

Heck. Sorry. This fix was supposed to be in the release.... 
You may replace the battery .mu file with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6jz7jbea55biww/AresBattery.zip?dl=0

Warning: I believe this will break any existing craft with the battery on it.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know is there the OG wheels the ones that we see in the movie??

I've searched all over the place and haven't found any. If anyone is working on it please let me know cuz it would look cool with the rover like this!

The rover is cool. I have installed The Hermes mod and I was wondering if anyone can make ASET IVA for this rover as well. I mean the MAV in the mod has IVA from ASET. It would be super cool to give ASET IVA for the martian rover as well!!! @alexustas  @bcink

This is just an idea! I would love to do it but I am learning the basics on how to mod. I'm not sure if anyone can do this but the owner of ASET could do that. Again this is just an idea, it is up to you if you want to do or not!:)

• 3 months later...
On 01.11.2020 at 15:22, Dhruv said:

Ровер классный. Я установил мод Hermes, и мне было интересно, сможет ли кто-нибудь сделать ASET IVA для этого марсохода. Я имею в виду, что у MAV в моде есть IVA от ASET. Было бы супер круто дать ASET IVA и для марсианского марсохода !!!@alexustas  @bcink

Это просто идея! Я бы с удовольствием это сделал, но я изучаю основы создания модов. Я не уверен, может ли кто-нибудь это сделать, но владелец ASET мог это сделать. Опять же, это всего лишь идея, решать вам, хотите вы этого или нет!:)

Hi. where are you find Hermes mod? send me please....

• 2 months later...

hi bcink,

love this mod! always a fan of the martian and i'm delighted that i can finally recreate the ares missions. 

i have some suggestions for you to improve this mod

1, is it possible that you can add some kind of KIS setup deployable/inflatable hab thing?  because the only thing that it missing from the mission is the hab, which is kinda hard to replicate with stock/mod parts (i have tried pathfinder and planetside but it would be better if there was there was a hab designed/made for ares)

2,  can you incorporate the hermes spacecraft from "[wip] hermes interplanetry vehicle from the martian continued" because that mod is really old from 2016,  and it would be great to see one in this mod with better textures and parts

thanks ;p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.