[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

18 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

so i would assume they have a switch for all the stages

A bubble canopy cockpit is not designed for a rocket, it's designed for a plane. What can be staged on a plane or SSTO? You can't switch engine mode using staging, you can't switch from rapiers to NERVs using staging (unless your rapiers have decouplers or run out of oxidizer), staging is useless. Action groups are useful but I don't see AG switches in that cockpit.

P.S. I use staging on a plane to fire sepratron missiles or drop fueltank bombs :D

Edited by Manul

11 hours ago, Manul said:

A bubble canopy cockpit is not designed for a rocket, it's designed for a plane. What can be staged on a plane or SSTO? You can't switch engine mode using staging, you can't switch from rapiers to NERVs using staging (unless your rapiers have decouplers or run out of oxidizer), staging is useless. Action groups are useful but I don't see AG switches in that cockpit.

P.S. I use staging on a plane to fire sepratron missiles or drop fueltank bombs :D

i meant for rockets and most of the "stages" are action groups which can be anything from decoupling to checking a system to activating a autopilot which would be on aplane :P

anyway I'm just looking for a fix for the UI on the vanilla raster prop HUD. we got side tracked.

I was trying to fly an all IVA mission in 1.8.1, so I was trying to use the lat/long in the ship window. After getting really confused, I realized that lat was showing E instead of N and W instead of S, and long was showing N instead of E and S instead of W. I have tons of mods installed, many of which are related to RPM, so I don't know if this is a conflict or a problem nobody's noticed before. Can anyone else replicate this, or is it just me?

0w4YUvF.png

On 5/22/2020 at 5:58 AM, Micro753 said:

Can anyone else replicate this, or is it just me?

I was confused when I saw Northern LONGITUDE in flight mode of ALCOR MFD. A prop configuration error I guess.

UPD: yes, it's not RPM error, just a wrong letter in MFD page config.
Changed this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+N}  to this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+E} in ALCORAscDes40x20.txt  and longitude is E and W now, not S and N

Edited by Manul

I have a problem with the text rendering on Ubuntu. I have already posted the issue here but @MOARdV said it's related to the text renderer in RPM and to contact you.

The issue is that fonts on lit appear as white boxes. If you zoom in you can sorta make out the label, but I think it's the texture of unlit indicators shining through. I'm using the CKAN version of RPM and ASET. I'm running a potato (laptop) so the graphics settings are as low as I can make them. Per pixel lighting is 1, otherwise even the unlit indicator textures become unreadable.

Log is available here. I started, loaded a game, and went straight into a capsule and IVA. Then I clicked the cockpit lights on and off a few times before closing the game.

It looks like this with DE_IVAExtention:

82727735-97ba3800-9cec-11ea-8a38-45175e1

Edit:

I also noticed that external light will mess it all up. When the sun shines onto the text it becomes the same blocky, unreadable mess.

Edited by FalcoGer
More info

1 hour ago, vikt2324 said:

I was wondering is there any way that i can move the BDArmory screens, onto the JSI/RPM screens?

Of course you can. You just need to write a page handler (some class that sends BDA data to RPM screen), it requires a knowledge of both BDArmory code and RPM page handlers. This should work in a similar way as VesselView and ScanSat screens do.

Edited by Manul

39 minutes ago, Manul said:

Of course you can. You just need to write a page handler (some class that sends BDA data to RPM screen), it requires a knowledge of both BDArmory code and RPM page handlers. This should work in a similar way as VesselView and ScanSat screens do.

Sounds cool, but i have next to nothing coding experience, and none with BDArmory code

Edited by vikt2324
typo

On 5/23/2020 at 2:18 AM, Manul said:

UPD: yes, it's not RPM error, just a wrong letter in MFD page config.
Changed this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+N}  to this LON:[#FFFF00FF]{0:DMSdd+mm+ss+E} in ALCORAscDes40x20.txt  and longitude is E and W now, not S and N

That was the problem, thank you for your help. I reported the problem on the ASET thread.

3 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

@MOARdV Could you please acknowledge the issue (if you can't fix it immediately)? Or is this dead? The last github commit was a 18 months ago.
Added a github issue here.

You should at least read the first post of this topic.  From this topic's initial post, first line:

On 12/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Hello!  As @MOARdv has stepped away from development of RPM, I'm going to maintain it - at least provide new builds for new KSP versions.

MOARdV long ago dropped support for RPM to focus work on MAS.  He's nothing to do with the current RPM.  It's being supported by the author of this topic, @JonnyOThan, who's still active on the KSP forums, and released his latest RPM version in February.

Also looking in the initial post, you'd see that JonnyOThan's fork of RPM has its source and release repository here.  You should ensure you're using his RPM version for your current release of KSP.  As you're using CKAN,  if you haven't forced it to use the old releases of RPM that MOARdV put out years ago, it's likely you are using JonnyOThan's RPM.

From your issue, you're using DemonEin's IVA pack.  You should see if you can reproduce the issue on another RPM IVA.  JonnyOThan lists several in his initial post in this topic.  If the issue is present on several IVAs, it could be an RPM issue.  If it's only on some or one IVA from that pack, you should send your issue to DemonEin.

Edited by Jacke

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

You should at least read the first post of this topic.  From this topic's initial post, first line:

MOARdV long ago dropped support for RPM to focus work on MAS.  He's nothing to do with the current RPM.  It's being supported by the author of this topic, @JonnyOThan, who's still active on the KSP forums, and released his latest RPM version in February.

Also looking in the initial post, you'd see that JonnyOThan's fork of RPM has its source and release repository here.  You should ensure you're using his RPM version for your current release of KSP.  As you're using CKAN,  if you haven't forced it to use the old releases of RPM that MOARdV put out years ago, it's likely you are using JonnyOThan's RPM.

From your issue, you're using DemonEin's IVA pack.  You should see if you can reproduce the issue on another RPM IVA.  JonnyOThan lists several in his initial post in this topic.  If the issue is present on several IVAs, it could be an RPM issue.  If it's only on some or one IVA from that pack, you should send your issue to DemonEin.

I reported it to DemonEin, he said it's an RPM issue and I should tell MOARdV. So that's why I got the name wrong. Issue is still an issue though. I put the github issue into the correct repo now.

1 hour ago, FalcoGer said:

I reported it to DemonEin, he said it's an RPM issue and I should tell MOARdV. So that's why I got the name wrong. Issue is still an issue though. I put the github issue into the correct repo now.

If DemonEin, who's developing RPM IVAs, didn't know that MOARdV isn't supporting RPM anymore, that's not good.

Just do the testing I suggested above, about testing other IVAs.  And if you don't submit the details allowing troubleshooting, like initial testing and logs, people won't be able to help you.

I'm running a clean install of 1.9.1 and RasterPropMonitor 0.31.3. Windows 64. I'm trying the default capsules and none of them are loading any RasterPropMonitor screens, only the default controls. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. 

31 minutes ago, Jinkguns said:

I'm running a clean install of 1.9.1 and RasterPropMonitor 0.31.3. Windows 64. I'm trying the default capsules and none of them are loading any RasterPropMonitor screens, only the default controls. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. 

Try lander can mk1, it should have RPM screens.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:45 AM, Manul said:

New versions of Mk1, Mk1-3 pods and Mk2 lander can have no RPM IVA. Mk1 and Mk2 Inline cockpits also have no RPM IVA. RPM is a powerful tool for prop makers and IVA makers but it does not add many props or IVAs itself. Use ASET props, ASET avionics and DE IVA Extension to get more props and IVAs

Hey guys, I need some help with compatibility between RPM, Near Future Spacecraft and the ASSET pack. I realised some of the bigger command pods from NFS are not correctly adapted with RPM. I tried looking into it but I know nothing about modding, so I was unable to edit the the command pods myself using the ASSET pack. It seems i can't open the .mu files in Unity, and if I understand correctly, these are the 3d files I need to edit.

Anyone can give me a hand with this?

1 hour ago, earthprototype said:

Hey guys, I need some help with compatibility between RPM, Near Future Spacecraft and the ASSET pack. I realised some of the bigger command pods from NFS are not correctly adapted with RPM. I tried looking into it but I know nothing about modding, so I was unable to edit the the command pods myself using the ASSET pack. It seems i can't open the .mu files in Unity, and if I understand correctly, these are the 3d files I need to edit.

Anyone can give me a hand with this?

To edit .mu files, Unity wont them as-is. You need to use Taniwa's Blender Import plugin with Blender or BforArtists to edit them. Some basic knowledge of 3D modelling with Blender is required. Taniwha's plugin can then export the edits directly back to .mu format. Also, 80%-90% of what Unity/PartTools can do, can be done with the plugin, and other than edge cases, having to run them thru Unity can be completely bypassed.

That being said, I dont see how you need to even be editing the .mu files, to get working RPM/ASET working with an IVA. That should all be config edits, and, in this case, yes, using Unity just to place them. Placing props in Unity is easy, but tedious. You dont even really NEED Unity to do it, as where the props get placed in the IVA, is all defined in the IVA configs. You can just plug in X,Y,Z coords relative to the IVA "shell", right in the configs to move/place props... Unity just basically gives an easy interface and method of doing it.... PartTools then even writes the config for you, when you export the .mu from PartTools.

Since you say your issue seems to really be with the NFS parts, and possibly not a true RPM issue itself, I would try reading thru the relevant NFS thread, and post there about its support of RPM. Pretty sure if NFS supports RPM at all, its up to *that* mod dev to provide RPM support for *their* parts.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, Jinkguns said:

Even the MK1 does not. I'm so confused. I've never had an issue with RPM before. 

If you post a ksp.log file we can see what mods you have installed and whether or not this is expected.  RPM doesn't include very many IVAs on its own, and many of the ones that it does include are for older versions of the command pods so unless you take some unusual steps you won't see them.  The OP of this thread contains links to many other IVA packs that you can use (DE_IVAExtension being the primary one for stock pods).

On 6/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, JonnyOThan said:

If you post a ksp.log file we can see what mods you have installed and whether or not this is expected.  RPM doesn't include very many IVAs on its own, and many of the ones that it does include are for older versions of the command pods so unless you take some unusual steps you won't see them.  The OP of this thread contains links to many other IVA packs that you can use (DE_IVAExtension being the primary one for stock pods).

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Clean portable install of KSP 1.9.1 - No Expansions.
2.) Installed RasterPropMonitor & RasterPropMonitor Core via CKAN. Also installed Module Manager as a dependency. 
3.) Launched KSP -> Sandbox -> MK 1 Command Pod with Crew. No RasterPropMonitor panels.

Google Drive Hosted KSP.log

Pd0ihmSMVmNzlcA2RbUUryJD_-oE3tqkypGfhMr8

16 hours ago, Jinkguns said:

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Clean portable install of KSP 1.9.1 - No Expansions.
2.) Installed RasterPropMonitor & RasterPropMonitor Core via CKAN. Also installed Module Manager as a dependency. 
3.) Launched KSP -> Sandbox -> MK 1 Command Pod with Crew. No RasterPropMonitor panels.

Yes, this is totally expected.  The mk1 command pod IVA that is included with RPM is the old one.  I *think* you might be able to access it if you filter the parts box by size in advanced mode.

Otherwise, just grab DE_IVAExtension for IVAs for the stock pods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, im expieriencing same problme as JonnyOThan,

i always used RasterPropMonitor but since some time ago i have no screens at all in any Pods, ONLY in the Cupola Pod i have 3 monitors that works fine, but no monitors in MK1 or MK 1-3 Pods

Any ideas?

P.S. After almost an hour trying the only way to solve my problem is to MANUALLY install DE_IVAExstension 1.0.2 and Toolbar Manager, after this monitor appeared in MK1 and MK1-3 even if in a very different shape than before....

Edited by Mrj4ck
SOLVED?

Also, just asking, is it possible that i have IVA monitors only with DE_IVAExtensions? I only have monitor fors Cupola pod if DE_IVAExstension 1.0.2 is not installed...

Here a screen of cupola without DE_IVAExstension 1.0.2 installed 

nvVLtY.png

and here another with DE_IVAExstension 1.0.2  installed

SM2p1J.png

Other pods just have the DE_IVAExstension 1.0.2 or nothing....