[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

3 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I mean...it's probably not an installation/runtime issue, but maybe something about how stuff gets rendered?  Since I can't see what's going on, I need screenshots of what you're seeing (from each eye), the part names, etc etc.

Let me fire up KSP once again. I'll get some screenshots to you shortly.  It might be worth noting that I've had this problem both with a Steam install and an install that I did from downloading it directly from the KSP website.

Almost all of the props seem fine, except for the JSI hud, which shows up with the pane being completely solid black (which is not only annoying in that it means I have to look down at the navball for attitude info, but it blocks out a good chunk of my field of view. It might have something to do with how MAS/MOARdV edits it with a patch, so I can't quite tell if it's on JSI's side or MAS's side.

Update:

Mk 1 Inline cockpit:

screenshot4.png

It looks like the mission timer display is also messed up. Correction: I was an idiot and forgot that you have to press the on button. It works fine.

I'm also getting this pop-up:

unknown.png

When I checked the logs, this is the most relevant line I could find:

[ERR 16:46:19.553] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: MASMonitor configuration failed.

[ERR 16:46:19.553] [MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #232 (MAS_JSI_BasicHUD)

[ERR 16:46:19.553] [MASMonitor] System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Failed to find MASFlightComputer initializing MASMonitor
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.Start () [0x00024] in <0bf90ae8ff9d477c823199001f706a26>:0 

So it seems to have something to do with how MAS interacts with the JSI HUD. I have the latest versions of both RPM and MAS and all necessary dependencies.

Edited by Raptor22

18 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Almost all of the props seem fine, except for the JSI hud, which shows up with the pane being completely solid black

Let's simplify...

Earlier you said

The HUD requires you to go crosseyed when viewing it in VR, which is somewhat uncomfortable

I don't see how the screenshot you posted demonstrates this.  I need screenshots *from each eye* to try to figure out if something is being drawn incorrectly, but in your image the HUD is just black.  Unless you mean the KSP UI?  When I'm playing in IVA mode I usually have it turned off, but that's also something that is kinda outside RPM's wheelhouse.

Also, I don't maintain MAS so please try doing all this without MAS installed.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Let's simplify...

Earlier you said

I don't see how the screenshot you posted demonstrates this.  I need screenshots *from each eye* to try to figure out if something is being drawn incorrectly, but in your image the HUD is just black.  Unless you mean the KSP UI?  When I'm playing in IVA mode I usually have it turned off, but that's also something that is kinda outside RPM's wheelhouse.

Also, I don't maintain MAS so please try doing all this without MAS installed.

I think you're getting me and another person confused. I'm not using VR - you're confusing me with @RocketSimplicity. I don't even have a VR set. Please re-read the comment I made earlier, and keep in mind that when you're answering two people's questions at the same time, you need to remember who is having what problem so that you don't mix them up or somehow combine them together.

I've tried using it without MAS, but then I won't have any of the MAS IVAs. I've tried using MAS without RPM, and none of the props will show up. So it seems that I need both RPM and MAS for it to function.

The HUD seems to function in the regular MK 1 cockpit, not the MK 1 inline and a handful of others.

Edited by Raptor22

19 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I think you're getting me and another person confused.

!!! you're right! I'm so sorry!

I think the MAS initialization error is the key here, but I don't have any experience debugging that stuff.   I'd guess that this cockpit is missing the MASFlightComputer part module, which should be easy enough to add with a MM patch.  From my experience with RPM, a lot of modders confuse things that should be part modules with things that should be internal modules.  Here's a post describing it: 

Confirmed, looking at your ModuleManager.configcache, some cockpits have the MASFlightComputer module but the mk1 inline doesn't.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 6/9/2021 at 2:27 PM, JonnyOThan said:

!!! you're right! I'm so sorry!

I think the MAS initialization error is the key here, but I don't have any experience debugging that stuff.   I'd guess that this cockpit is missing the MASFlightComputer part module, which should be easy enough to add with a MM patch.  From my experience with RPM, a lot of modders confuse things that should be part modules with things that should be internal modules.  Here's a post describing it: 

Confirmed, looking at your ModuleManager.configcache, some cockpits have the MASFlightComputer module but the mk1 inline doesn't.

It looks like it worked! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello! I apologise in advance for what is surely to be the 100th occourance of this question. Simply, is RPM stable with KSP 1.12.x? I've attempted to add it, and all dependencies (ASET, and a few IVA configs), with no success. Load loops always. Perhaps it's finally out to pasture in exchange for the MoarDV assets? Which, isn't bad if that's the case. A shame to be sure, this was by far my favorite mod, but I look forward to what folks will do with MDV's stuff if so.

7 hours ago, Kalkuhthoroui said:

Hello! I apologise in advance for what is surely to be the 100th occourance of this question. Simply, is RPM stable with KSP 1.12.x? I've attempted to add it, and all dependencies (ASET, and a few IVA configs), with no success. Load loops always. Perhaps it's finally out to pasture in exchange for the MoarDV assets? Which, isn't bad if that's the case. A shame to be sure, this was by far my favorite mod, but I look forward to what folks will do with MDV's stuff if so.

New plugin may be better in many aspects, but there is a catch. It won't work with just installing new plugin. You also need (or rather each mod author need) to re-create all cockpits to use new plugin. And it is quite time consuming process and on top of that some of original mod authors are no longer active and original files are not available to be able to re-create cockpits. So, choice is to either, try to pach existing RPM, so it's all funcionality is still working, or ditch out everything and wait for some long time until mod autor create cockiptis for use with new plugin.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a trick to showing your vessel on a ScanSat / Nav screen display? I can show MechJeb targets and Waypoints, and the blue tracking line functions, but the little vessel icon does not show. Mostly curiously because I'll survive if it's a scansat bug,

22 hours ago, desepticon said:

It seems in-cockpit MechJeb functionality no longer works. Buttons are grayed out and do nothings and the screen doesn’t recognize it as installed.

Anyone have an idea how to patch it so it works? Thanks.

I have the same issue, please quote me if someone finds a fix to this so i can get a notification

Thanks you :).

23 hours ago, desepticon said:

It seems in-cockpit MechJeb functionality no longer works. Buttons are grayed out and do nothings and the screen doesn’t recognize it as installed.

Anyone have an idea how to patch it so it works? Thanks.

i found a temporary solution:

Use the version 2.12.0 of mechjeb for KSP 1.11. the game says that it's incomptatible but it works

14 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@JonnyOThanjust enquiring if  this is getting updated to the latest release ( Please Please)

Have you tried the latest version?  I haven't, but I'm not aware of any issues.  I do need to push out a new version to pick up a few things that have been fixed along the way.  It's not dead yet!

20 hours ago, Vexmae said:

i found a temporary solution:

Use the version 2.12.0 of mechjeb for KSP 1.11. the game says that it's incomptatible but it works

Hmm. I'd rather not do that. There must be a way to change RPM so it recognizes the newer mechjeb version. Guess I'll have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Just pushed a new release.
https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/releases/tag/v0.31.5

• Update compatibility to ksp 1.12
  • Merge PRs related to camera drag cube & ascending node calculation
  • Fix ATMOSPHEREDEPTH variable
  • Fix SAS mode strings in ASET MFDs
  • Fix radial in/out swapping on SAS mode buttons
  • Fix Mechjeb integration with latest MJ version

• 3 months later...

Getting a weird error in the orbit MFD screen (which doesn't show the orbit diagram with the blue ellipse, for some reason):

[EXC 13:42:42.815] MissingMethodException: Vector3d Orbit.Up(double)
	JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	InternalProp.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	InternalModel.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.InternalOnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.Update () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

On 12/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, Tonas1997 said:

Getting a weird error in the orbit MFD screen (which doesn't show the orbit diagram with the blue ellipse, for some reason):

[EXC 13:42:42.815] MissingMethodException: Vector3d Orbit.Up(double)
	JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate () (at <05eb104d0dd24f118b48a18639af1146>:0)
	InternalProp.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	InternalModel.OnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.InternalOnUpdate () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	Part.Update () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Please attach or upload your entire log file

• 1 month later...

New release! https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/releases/tag/v0.31.6

• Reworked parachute actions:
    --Clicking the "Deploy" button now sets the minPressure to minimum, safety mode to "unsafe," and arms the chute. In other words, it tries to immediately deploy the chute.
    --Clicking "Arm" simply arms the chute
    --Clicking "Disarm" disarms the chute and sets the safety mode to "when safe."
  • Added timewarp button support
  • Added an example patch for DE_IVAExtensions to put timewarp buttons in the IVA

q4DgN5f.png

The "Warp To Next" button will:

• If you have a maneuver node, will warp to it
  • If you have an upcoming SOI change, will warp to PE or the new SOI, whichever is earlier
  • Otherwise warps to AP or PE, whichever is earlier

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I just started to use this more than awesome mod in my RSS/RO/RP1 savegame, but i have 1 big issue. Staging seems to lagg the hell out of my game but only in IVA(And it cant be my computer ;) ). If i just go out once my FPS are fixed again and i can go into IVA again. But this happens all the time at staging. Is this due to my RP1 install? 

EDIT: Hmm ok i may have found the issue. It seems that ModularLaunchPads+AnimatedDecouplers are causing the "lag on staging" issue.

Edited by Drehverschluss

• 1 month later...

In case anyone would need such a thing, ModuleManager patch to change ASET MFDs such that ascent page uses ExtCam1 (but has ExtCam2 as alternative), and more importantly has landing page with ExtCam2 first (then ExtCam1).

Why? Set ExtCam1 to point up/forward for ascent, ExtCam2 to point down/reverse for landing when building.

Spoiler
// -*- conf-javaprop -*-
// Changes cameras on ASET Props MFD:
// Ext1 - Defaults to ascent camera for Ascent page.
// Ext2 - Defaults to descent camera for Landing page.
// Both are added so switching is possible (ascent looking backwards)

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
	{
		@PAGE[pALCORAscDes40x20]
		{
			@BACKGROUNDHANDLER[JSISteerableCamera]
			{
				@cameraTransform = ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ExtCam1|ExtCam2
				@fovLimits = 90,15|90,15|110,5|110,5|90,15|90,15
				@zoomRate = 10|10|10|10|10|10
				@yawLimits = 0,0|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-15,15|-15,15
				@yawRate = 15|15|15|15|15|15
				@pitchLimits = -5,15|-25,45|-45,45|-45,45|-15,15|-15,15
				@pitchRate = 15|15|15|15|15|15
			}
		}

@PAGE[pALCORLanding40x20]
		{
			{
				@cameraTransform = ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ExtCam2|ExtCam1
			}		
		}
	}
}

@PROP[ALCORMFD60x30]
{
	{
		@PAGE[pALCORLanding60x30]
		{
			{
				@cameraTransform = ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ExtCam2|Ext1
			}
		}
	}
}	

@PROP[kOSTerminal]
{
	{
		@PAGE[pALCORAscDes50x18]
		{
			{
				@cameraTransform = ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ExtCam1|ExtCam2
			}
		}

@PAGE[pALCORLanding50x18]
		{
			{
				@cameraTransform = ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ExtCam2|ExtCam1
			}
		}
	}
}

On 12/31/2019 at 11:25 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Don't see a current IVA project on this list? Let me know. I may have missed it, or I may not have imported it from the original RPM thread. Speaking of which...

is there one for the Near Future capsules and the like?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have noticed a bug which I think might be due to Raster Prop Monitor.

I installed Raster Prop Monitor, but when I noticed that it doesn't include any IVAs, I installed DE_IVAExtension, which also requires the ASET Props Pack.

In the Landing screen, the estimated Time to Impact is broken. The configuration file for this screen is located at: GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\ALCORLanding40x20.txt . The relevant line is:

{2:"";"                                        ";""} [#{1:00FF00FF;FF0000FF;FFFF00FF}]{1:"ASCENT                                     ";"!DESCENT! ";""} [#FFFFFFFF][font0]Est.TI:[#FF8000FF]{0:METm:s.f}[#FFFFFFFF]sec $&$TIMETOIMPACTSECS VERTSPEEDROUNDED  ORBITMAKESSENSE

So, it looks like there are calls to Raster Prop Monitor with the variables "$&$TIMETOIMPACTSECS VERTSPEEDROUNDED  ORBITMAKESSENSE". My guess is that these calls are broken somewhere in Raster Prop Monitor. Maybe something got messed up once KSP changed the landing display to include the possibility to show terrain height.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. In using the DSKY from the Mk1 Landing Can replacement IVA and other retro-style IVAs, I have discovered that the time to equatorial Descending Node (DN) and to target Descending Node is incorrect both with respect to the displayed DN marks on the Map Screen and also the Orbital Readouts in Kerbal Engineer Redux. However the time to both equatorial AN and with respect to target AN are correct and match those in the Map Screen and KER.

I did some sleuthing and found that the DSKY uses the RPM variables TIMETODNEQUATORIAL and TIMETODNWITHTARGETSECS. These are then handled in RasterPropMonitor\Core\RPMCEvaluators.cs; these then make calls vessel.orbit.TimeOfDescendingNodeEquatorial( ) and vessel.GetOrbit().TimeOfDescendingNode( ) which are located at RasterPropMonitor\Core\OrbitExtensions.cs. These then make the calls o.TimeOfTrueAnomaly(o.DescendingNodeEquatorialTrueAnomaly(), UT)  and a.TimeOfTrueAnomaly(a.DescendingNodeTrueAnomaly(b), UT). Those functions are handled in the same OrbitExtensions.cs library; they handled at Core\UtilityFunctions.cs. While AN variables are calculated with

public static double AscendingNodeTrueAnomaly(this Orbit a, Orbit b) {
            Vector3d vectorToAN = Vector3d.Cross(a.SwappedOrbitNormal(), b.SwappedOrbitNormal());
            return a.TrueAnomalyFromVector(vectorToAN); }

and

public static double AscendingNodeEquatorialTrueAnomaly(this Orbit o) {
            Vector3d vectorToAN = Vector3d.Cross(o.referenceBody.transform.up, o.SwappedOrbitNormal());
            return o.TrueAnomalyFromVector(vectorToAN); }

the DN variables are derived from the AN with:

public static double DescendingNodeTrueAnomaly(this Orbit a, Orbit b) {
            return JUtil.ClampDegrees360(a.AscendingNodeTrueAnomaly(b) + 180); }

and

public static double DescendingNodeEquatorialTrueAnomaly(this Orbit o) {
            return JUtil.ClampDegrees360(o.AscendingNodeEquatorialTrueAnomaly() + 180); }

The JUtil.ClampDegrees360() function is located at Core\UtilityFunctions.cs and works as:

public static double ClampDegrees360(double angle) {
            angle = angle % 360.0;
            if (angle < 0)
                return angle + 360.0;
            return angle; }

After all this, I don't see why the AN calculations could be correct but the DN ones could be incorrect. I was hoping to find an error in the calculations somewhere, but I really am not seeing anything wrong with the DN calculations. Can anyone else figure it out? :huh:

It'd also be good to find out why the time-to-impact calculation is giving wrong answers. Without MechJeb installed, this calculation appears to happen with FallbackEvaluateTimeToImpact( ) at Core\RPMVCEvaluators.cs. Again, I don't see what could be wrong but maybe there's something different about altitude as of adding the terrain height display in KSP 1.7.