Jump to content

[1.8.x-1.10.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Uhmattbravo said:

I definitely did dock port to port in IVA with RPM earlier today. I used the Docking+ screen and everything if it makes a difference. Kicked me out to external view, but was able to switch right back to IVA, just like unmodded IVA docking. It didn't crash at all, even with the claw, just wouldn't let me back into IVA.

Both the claw and normal docking ports work fine in IVA unmodded, they just temporarily mess up the stock speed gauge.  It looks like tries to display current orbital speed and speed relative to the target at the same time. Switching to another vessel and back always fixes it.

Basically, aside from the minor inconvenience of the stock speed gauge, everything I tried worked the same with and without RPM. No actual crashing on either, just the hiccup with the view controls in that one specific situation both ways.

It might worth to try posting stock issue on SQUAD bugtracker. Just stock game and stock craft with reliable reproducing steps. It may take a while until SQUAD fix that in next updates, but regardless, it is higher chance to be fixed, especially if that bug is tied to other issues with claw part.

EDIT:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

 

Edited by kcs123
added link to bugtracker
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kcs123 said:

It might worth to try posting stock issue on SQUAD bugtracker. Just stock game and stock craft with reliable reproducing steps. It may take a while until SQUAD fix that in next updates, but regardless, it is higher chance to be fixed, especially if that bug is tied to other issues with claw part.

EDIT:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

 

I thought about that too, just didn't know how to go about it. It's on there now. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kerbalchekov said:

Thanks for your awesome work!

@JonnyOThan any chance that you will release a version of rasterpropmonitor "backported" to KSP 1.7.3? Is it more work than just a simple recompile?

 

 

I’m fairly certain that the last version released by MOARdV works just fine in 1.7.3.  See the link to the original post in the OP.  If it doesn’t work, I’ll take a look at your logs to see if it’s anything obvious.

If there’s a lot of demand for this I’d consider it.  But 1.8 is sooo much better than 1.7.3 performance-wise so I’d rather focus any efforts on getting mods onto the new version rather than the other way around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know of any good wiki pages, guides or examples for how to add RPM support to mods?  All of my searches pull up plenty of info on prop creation, which I'm assuming means the placement of the screens and buttons inside of a cockpit, but I haven't found much information on how to actually draw stuff on the screen and have the buttons interact with a mod or the vehicle.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, the extent of my programming chops are doing some simple stuff in Visual Basic 20 years ago.  But I'd like to have a go at it, since there are some features I'd like to have and I feel bad asking smarter people than me to do stuff like this when they've already got a full plate.

I'd like to try my hand at integrating something like [x] Science into the IVA, that will notify about available science experiments, with the ability to run them and, if a suitable container is found, collect all science to it.

And if by some miracle I pull that off, perhaps I'll try implementing something like precise node for creating/editing nodes in flight instead of using mechjeb/astrogator to plot them for you.

 

Edited by DeliriumTrigger
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

Does anyone know of any good wiki pages, guides or examples for how to add RPM support to mods? 

Github. There is an official RPM wiki created by it's developer @Mihara

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki
See the page Writing plugins for RPM. You will need to create a variable handler or an action handler.

Edited by Manul
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Manul said:

Github. There is an official RPM wiki created by it's developer @Mihara

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki
See the page Writing plugins for RPM. You will need to create a variable handler or an action handler.

Thank you, I completely missed this stuff as I was just clicking around the sidebar of the wiki and really didn't know what exactly I would need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

didn't know what exactly I would need

You need to write a plugin that provides RPM access to variables from [x]science and allows to call it's methods from RPM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 6:40 PM, JonnyOThan said:

But 1.8 is sooo much better than 1.7.3 performance-wise so I’d rather focus any efforts on getting mods onto the new version rather than the other way around.

Unfortunately, RO is only up to version 1.7.3.

It would be nice to have a version for 1.7.3, ideally if in a ckan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wuwuk said:

It would be nice to have a version for 1.7.3, ideally if in a ckan.

There is no need to "fix" something that is not broken. Take the latest version from this thread and use it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wuwuk said:

Strange, it does not work for me, displays do not appear in IVA.

MFDs stay black and do not respond? Or you just have stock IVAs?

I'm currently playing 1.7.3 because my 1.8.1 install is FUBAR and RPM works without any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wuwuk said:

Just stock IVAs.

For stock cockpits or for modded ones?
It's not a compatibility issue.
1) Not all parts have RPM IVAs. Mk1 and Mk2 inline cockpits nave no RPM IVA. New Mk1 and Mk2 pods are entirely new parts with new external and internal models and they have no RPM IVA. You can use ASET props and DE IVA Extension to get ASET versions for them.
2) Check your install. There should be a patch that replaces stock IVAs
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manul said:

For stock cockpits or for modded ones?
It's not a compatibility issue.
1) Not all parts have RPM IVAs. Mk1 and Mk2 inline cockpits nave no RPM IVA. New Mk1 and Mk2 pods are entirely new parts with new external and internal models and they have no RPM IVA. You can use ASET props and DE IVA Extension to get ASET versions for them.
2) Check your install. There should be a patch that replaces stock IVAs
 

Thanks, I understand that in 1.7.3 there are displays in only a few IVAs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wuwuk said:

there are displays in only a few IVAs.

Try this (don't forget to install ASET props), you will not be disappointed. ASET IVAs are much more fun to play with than RPM-only IVAs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manul said:

Damn! Looks like cameras rendering is broken again. Cameras don't see nearby objects including craft's parts, other crafts and terrain

Just checking, is this 1.8.x or 1.9?  The KSP camera system changed in 1.9 so this is not terribly unexpected.  It might go away if you force opengl mode.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, ThatHomelessGuy said:

For modded command pods that have the same shape but vanilla interiors. Can I just edit their part files .cfg to change the interior property to give them RPM interiors that I do have?

That does work (I've done it to make the mk1-3 pod use the ASET mk1-2 IVA).  However if the external shape is at all different then stuff like windows might not line up.  This might or might not be an issue for you.  I would suggest making a modulemanager patch rather than editing the cfg files directly, so that you can freely update the other mod without having to continually re-apply your changes.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:40 AM, Wuwuk said:

Ok, im try this, thx.

The initial post in this thread has links to tons of IVA packages.  Most of them are purely part mods and should be version-agnostic.

Edited by JonnyOThan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...